NFL 2021 Season

Day

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm surprised at you....... 7 years a pro.... 5th round draft pick in 2014. The guy's a colossus... ?

I was on about the Bengals, whoooo?

On 02/04/2021 at 21:34, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hmm. Well my Bengals have signed Ricardo Allen at safety from the Falcons. Signing from the 31st ranked defense hardly screams ambition but I am sure Allen has a few redeeming stats...... 

Rico Allen is not the greatest athlete, he’s steady.  His biggest positive is that he’s a reader of the game and an “onfield coach”.  

He’s a bit like Steve Cross for Derby!! ?

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Sam Darnold to the Panthers for a 6th this year, and a 2nd and 4th next year. I think that’s a decent move, and a chance for Darnold to start again.

Was he Jets? If so, then they will presumably be looking to draft a new qb from their first round pick (they've got one of first 4 picks surely?) 

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, they’ve got the 2nd pick and will almost certainly take Zach Wilson, assuming the Jags take Trevor Lawrence with the 1st.

The talk in bengal-land is first 4 picks will be qbs and that with the number 5 pick, we'd be interested in penei sewell at OT. 

However, there could be interest in trading the 5 slot..... 

It's quite involved this drafting/free agency lark isn't it..... 

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I knew you’d be on the ball with this. From what I’ve read, he’s finished and deservedly so.

Vikings have been finished for years as well so yeah

We've dodged a bullet here too, Gladney was the third CB on our draft board after CJ Henderson and AJ Terrell according to Stephen Jones. Thankfully CD Lamb fell to us and we opted against taking Gladney! 

What a waste. Vikings fans won't be too down about the 2020 draft though. 

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

We've dodged a bullet here too, Gladney was the third CB on our draft board after CJ Henderson and AJ Terrell according to Stephen Jones. Thankfully CD Lamb fell to us and we opted against taking Gladney! 

What a waste. Vikings fans won't be too down about the 2020 draft though. 

Cam Dantzler who we took in the 3rd turned out better than Gladney, but he had a decent rookie season considering how bad our defence was last season. Was looking forward to see how he went in what should be a much improved defence this year.

After bringing in Patrick Peterson and Mackenzie Alexander, it shouldn’t be a huge loss, especially if 2018 first round pick Mike Hughes can actually stay fit for once.....

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Cam Dantzler who we took in the 3rd turned out better than Gladney, but he had a decent rookie season considering how bad our defence was last season. Was looking forward to see how he went in what should be a much improved defence this year.

After bringing in Patrick Peterson and Mackenzie Alexander, it shouldn’t be a huge loss, especially if 2018 first round pick Mike Hughes can actually stay fit for once.....

Whooooo?