NFL 2021 Season

David

Rather than watch the Derby game yesterday, I watched Les Sneed talk about the cap and free agency. It sounds like he's going to be doing a lot of restructuring to fall below the cap -- then working on keeping our URFA and RFA. I have no idea how he's going to do it, but he's a good cap manager, in the sense that he knows how to massage it. 

If we lose anyone, hopefully it's not someone who is too important. 

49 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rather than watch the Derby game yesterday, I watched Les Sneed talk about the cap and free agency. It sounds like he's going to be doing a lot of restructuring to fall below the cap -- then working on keeping our URFA and RFA. I have no idea how he's going to do it, but he's a good cap manager, in the sense that he knows how to massage it. 

If we lose anyone, hopefully it's not someone who is too important. 

Should let Aaron Donald leave, unfair to see him waste his career away at the Rams, guy needs some rings on his fingers 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Should let Aaron Donald leave, unfair to see him waste his career away at the Rams, guy needs some rings on his fingers 

The third favourite in the NFC not good enough? 

image.png.4e8c0fdc01056c910c818f6f1dfb4904.png

Every single NFC West team is favoured over the Steelers for this year's Super Bowl - ouch! 

You should've stuck with the Falcons, they aren't far behind ?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The third favourite in the NFC not good enough? 

image.png.4e8c0fdc01056c910c818f6f1dfb4904.png

Every single NFC West team is favoured over the Steelers for this year's Super Bowl - ouch! 

You should've stuck with the Falcons, they aren't far behind ?

That’s 5 teams above him according to SkyBet that stand a better chance, like I say, let the guy go, it’s cruel keeping him in LA

4 minutes ago, David said:

Where would you place them? They have to be top 4 realistically as of today

Not sure I’d have them top 10, they’ve got a lot of players who are free agents, and are a fair bit over cap. Aaron Jones looks to be gone, which leaves them with  1 real weapon on offence.

Linsley, Williams, Kirksey, Wagner, King, Lazard, Tonyan the other most notable free agents, but there’s loads more. They’ve got a lot of work to do, and need to draft well...and they’ve not done that in a while.

They need to make Rodgers angry again, so he has another MVP year.

Also the NFC north schedule next year is brutal, and GB has the worst of it.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Next one out the door at the Saints

Nothing surprising or disappointing has happened so far; and cleared over £45m total - with the plan to get new contracts to Ramczyk and Lattimore and still hovering around big QB trade options - like watching mad scientists at work. 

Although Loomis has been working the cap for a long time now. He'll probably pull Brees out of retirement in 3 years so we can restructure his contract again and keep kicking the can down the road ? 

Edited by SaintRam

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Nothing surprising or disappointing has happened so far; and cleared over £45m total - with the plan to get new contracts to Ramczyk and Lattimore and still hovering around big QB trade options - like watching mad scientists at work. 

Although Loomis has been working the cap for a long time now. He'll probably pull Brees out of retirement in 3 years so we can restructure his contract again and keep kicking the can down the road ? 

Fascinating stuff watching the cap get worked ? was all doom and gloom among Vikings fans last week. I’ve been adamant we will be busy in FA this year, and some thought I was mad as we had “no money” 

In the space of a week, we cut a TE we don’t need, a kicker who’s lost the plot, a Solid tackle, but we drafted one in the 2nd round last year to replace him, and restructured the punter and we have $10 million to spend. With a whole host of other possible cuts and restructures/extensions that can be made, and with just the 12 draft picks again, we can fill out with rookies like last year.

Do you expect the Saints to lose anyone that would hurt? Or can you get round it with minimal damage?

I think it’s fair to say the Buccaneers are going to win the NFC South, as the Saints are having to massively restructure, the Falcons too (we’re nearly £20m over the cap and are 20 players short of a full roster!) and the Panthers are just rubbish!

13 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s been announced as 182.5, first I saw was a notification from the official  Vikings app.

Looks like the Bengals have now brought their site in line. Duke Tobin obviously talks shizzle......?

But that will mean even less likely to hang on to AJ Green and given they are trying to rebuild both O and D lines, Mystic MoodHoover foresees another season of toil.

No wonder they were nowhere to be seen in the top 19 on that odds thing that was put up the other day.

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Looks like the Bengals have now brought their site in line. Duke Tobin obviously talks shizzle......?

But that will mean even less likely to hang on to AJ Green and given they are trying to rebuild both O and D lines, Mystic MoodHoover foresees another season of toil.

No wonder they were nowhere to be seen in the top 19 on that odds thing that was put up the other day.

If Burrow stays healthy, at least there’s the “franchise QB” to build around, but yeah, probably another year at least before the Bengals get seriously competitive.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

If Burrow stays healthy, at least there’s the “franchise QB” to build around, but yeah, probably another year at least before the Bengals get seriously competitive.

Hopefully he doesn't "do a Bielik" having come back from his knee injury.......

I'm hoping for an 8-8 season - which would be some improvement on the 4-11-1 of last season, but not enough to threaten a post season place. Must admit tho i haven't seen their schedule yet or who they have drafted....