NFL 2021 Season

Day

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't really get the hype me. He's obviously not a terrible player but I'm not on the hype train. The dancing thing is annoying. The video's of him being chased around various NFL stadia from Defensive linemen make it worth while though.

He was 10th in receptions last year, yet 38th in yards, with a 1st down % under 50 which is pretty rare among the top 50 receivers (in terms of # of receptions).

So he's clearly not a particularly explosive, but looks like a reasonably safe bet to get you 8-9 yards which is a very useful tool to have.

I can't think of any team where he'd go and become a true #1 WR; and for a lot of teams his short-field role wouldn't get him WR2 either - so definitely the smarter decision to stick around where it's working, than to go out seeking more money.

Joint 11th in TD's as well, let's not forget that!

He's not a WR1 though, although he has been a tad unlucky in proving it with the first year after Antonio Brown leaves we're switching between Rudolph and Duck Hodges, then Ben went rapidly downhill last year. 

With his Mum being a big Steelers fan even before he joined and the fact you would be competing with Andrews and Hollywood for receptions at Ravens can see why he didn't go there.

Chiefs though, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and JuJu, that would have been insane, you have to respect the loyalty in turning down that opportunity, our cap issues will be a distant memory next season, should see him get a much better deal then, clear he's being true to his word and doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh.

Oh and Eagles? Nah. 

Whilst I'm here, what about those Texans, you lose Hopkins, JJ Watt, then Deshaun Watson wants out before being hit with multiple sexual assault charges, they go and sign Tyrod Taylor and trade for Robert Finley when they was going to release him. Will Fuller has gone and they sign Moncrief who couldn't catch the Rona in a Rona ward without a mask. 

Anywhere taking bets on them getting the number 1 pick in 2022? Got to be worth a punt

Steelers using the voidable years to make Juju’s cap hit only around 2.4 million (1.6 is being mentioned, but that’s a bit light), we are doing plenty of that, so I can’t complain. This is why I never worry about cap space though, so easy to manipulate. With Claypool and Johnson on the outside, leave JuJu to roam the middle of the field fits perfectly to be fair.

Texans & Eagles are the 2 teams that look in the biggest mess. Don’t imagine you’d get very good odds on Texans getting the 1st in 2022.

On 20/03/2021 at 16:12, jimbo jones said:

Some sort of issue with a practise squad players contract, is hardly Saints level sculduggery.

im still not sure what is we’ve done, or why it took 2 years to come out.

Practice! Don’t go all American on us in here! ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Quiet week for my newly adopted bengals - although they reportedly made serious efforts to sign Kenny Golladay before the Giants weighed in with a big pile of cash.

Why they went for a star WR when the stated priorities have been both O and D lines is not quite clear......

They needed a genuine WR1 too, if they can get a full season out of Golladay & Barkley, then that’s some weapons they’ve got there.

Big trade news especially for @David 

Vikings have given away a 6th rounder, and now only have a meagre 10 picks. If we lose another one, and go into single digits I’ll start to panic.

oh and we got a centre/guard who’s not supposed to be very good, but probably better than the 2 worth guards to ever play football, that we had last year.

FDCA9569-02B5-4AC6-98AB-37BE945C2CDC.jpeg

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Vikings have given away a 6th rounder, and now only have a meagre 10 picks. If we lose another one, and go into single digits I’ll start to panic.

oh and we got a centre/guard who’s not supposed to be very good, but probably better than the 2 worth guards to ever play football, that we had last year.

Was the trade with the Steelers? 

If so, you sure that's a guard and not Big Ben...... ?

15 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Whooooooo?