NFL 2021 Season

David

21 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Did they move the draft forward? 

That explains why we were quiet in free agency & only getting depth players. For first time in 20 years it looks like we have a plan! We’re looking good for 3rd place in the AFC East! ?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

As expected the 17th league game has been confirmed, starting this season.

I believe the games a shared before are right.

Weird how the players have to effectively play 6.25% more competitive games for the exact same pay.

Not a fan of the extra game really, 16 seemed about right. If they want to increase the number of weeks for tv revenue purposes then why not introduce a 2nd bye week and play the same number of games but over 18 weeks instead of 17 ?‍♂️

28 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Surely there’s half of the teams who suffer a loss of home field advantage too.  Those teams who have a fortress could well see their additional game bring them a playoff berth...

Yeah, nfc and afc will have the home game alternate years. Part of the deal also, is every team will play at least one international game every 8 years.

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

Weird how the players have to effectively play 6.25% more competitive games for the exact same pay.

Not a fan of the extra game really, 16 seemed about right. If they want to increase the number of weeks for tv revenue purposes then why not introduce a 2nd bye week and play the same number of games but over 18 weeks instead of 17 ?‍♂️

I would argue the money they get paid, shouldn’t be an issue. I want 42 NFL games a season 

12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Salary cap and player contracts will go through the roof after this season, we might even be able to afford Kirks 45 million next year ?

Wouldn’t pay him £45, you could do with him getting arrested and sent down for something 

5 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Falcons are coming to the UK this October!

Playing at Spurs against a team tbc

The mad thing is that they have an extra away game this season, and this is their “home” game, so in effect they’ll have 7 home and 10 away games this season.

Trying to win over more fans, they could do that by not throwing games away every week. 

Would genuinely prefer to watch the Jets these days, you know what you’re getting into, there will be no false hope, it’s just pure rubbish from start to finish.

Falcons start out like they are a competent team, then a switch gets flicked where they look like they’ve never played a game in their lives 

8 hours ago, David said:

Trying to win over more fans, they could do that by not throwing games away every week. 

Would genuinely prefer to watch the Jets these days, you know what you’re getting into, there will be no false hope, it’s just pure rubbish from start to finish.

Falcons start out like they are a competent team, then a switch gets flicked where they look like they’ve never played a game in their lives 

Hmm. Well my Bengals have signed Ricardo Allen at safety from the Falcons. Signing from the 31st ranked defense hardly screams ambition but I am sure Allen has a few redeeming stats...... 

34 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hmm. Well my Bengals have signed Ricardo Allen at safety from the Falcons. Signing from the 31st ranked defense hardly screams ambition but I am sure Allen has a few redeeming stats...... 

Whooooo?