Is roony aiming for title push next season

B4ev6is

12 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

At the time this thread was created we'd got Bielik back and were in a decent run of form and looking like we would soon be taken over by a billionaire Sheikh. I think it's completely understandable why some fans were optimistic for this season before all the mess fully came to light. 

Bielik picked up his 2nd ACL injury at the end of January last year - we knew by the time this thread was created that he'd be out for anything up to a year. Sheikh Khalid's takeover was supposed to happen before Christmas 2020 and questions were already being asked about what had gone wrong. Sure, we were on a decent run of form still, but I don't remember thinking any more optimistically than perhaps we wouldn't struggle the following season.

I know B4 is renowned for his untiring optimism, but it wasn't based on anything more concrete than blind faith and was totally dependent on a take-over going through that turned out positive and the EFL appeal failing.

Edited by Crewton

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

After Sibley’s late winner v Peterborough, Wayne said we were now Favourites to stay up. After losing 3 on the bounce I hope he hasn’t spoke too soon.

Wasn't that quote made before the Peterborough game and after Reading and Peterborough drew 0-0?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

After Sibley’s late winner v Peterborough, Wayne said we were now Favourites to stay up. After losing 3 on the bounce I hope he hasn’t spoke too soon.

At the time we probably were though. In much better form than the other side. It just shows how a few games can change everything. We have to make it turn again

Edited by Rammy03

I honestly think league 1 could be quite ugly next season. If we receive a 15 point penalty and are following an EFL agreed business plan then promotion will be a very hard ask. There shouldn't be a further relegation to league 2 but promotion may be just too much. Our situation next season is a bit like Charlie Methvan said about Sunderland and league 1, it's fun for a season but we don't want to be getting stuck down here. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I honestly think league 1 could be quite ugly next season. If we receive a 15 point penalty and are following an EFL agreed business plan then promotion will be a very hard ask. There shouldn't be a further relegation to league 2 but promotion may be just too much. Our situation next season is a bit like Charlie Methvan said about Sunderland and league 1, it's fun for a season but we don't want to be getting stuck down here. 

Be a refreshing change to be stuck in a league other than the Championship quite honestly, 14 years is more than long enough. 

At least as well we will give Forest a record they can say they've actually won as well when we do go down. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Be a refreshing change to be stuck in a league other than the Championship quite honestly, 14 years is more than long enough. 

At least as well we will give Forest a record they can say they've actually won as well when we do go down. 

I think a season of going to places like Tranmere, Accrington, Cheltenham etc. will be fun but after any more than 2 seasons it will just become depressing. 

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Depends on whether or not our glorious illustrious captain can a) learn to drive and b) keep his temper.

His footballing skills are worth at least a point per game!