Is roony aiming for title push next season

B4ev6is

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I am looking forward to this mighty rams having a title winning season providing he is given a good money to spend depanding who still owns the club but I am likening what i am see so far the form we are showing title winning team just a shame he was not in charge start of the season.

As you mentioned it will all boil down to who owns the club,if mel is still in charge there will be little to spend,i do think though the reason why the takeover stalled was the fact we were in danger of relegation at the time

I do think Rooney as a great football brain and knows how we will play the game lets hope he gets the tools to do it

Well to be fair to roony he had wealy  and deal in january and think that why sacrificing some youngsters so he got some funds and depanding who stays or who goes but I hope Richards stays and maybe lee Gregory and I hope selby stays and knight but if we can some rise funds with out sell best young players.

He might aim for it but I doubt it will be a realistic target come month 2 or 3 into the season. We need heavy investment into the playing squad and at the minute, with a never ending takeover saga, the club can't afford to pay the groundsmen to sort out the pitch never mind making big signings.

We've got a good defence at the minute, but I doubt we'll manage to get Clarke on loan again and he'll cost a good 4 or 5 million + to bring in permanently so he'll probably need replacing. Wisdom is out of contract and I doubt the club are in a rush to hand out new deals with the takeover pending so we risk losing him for nowt. There will probably be interest in Buchanan and if we're still in a mess financially he could well be sold. We're crying out for some creativity in midfield and they won't come cheap. We will probably need a winger or 2 to add competition to Lawrence, Jozwiak and Ibe. We probably need a striker or 2 to come in and help CKR (if he even stays). And even in by some miracle the takeover goes through and the new bloke does have funds to spend, there's no guarantee we even can due to FFP. 

Edited by Cam the Ram

43 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He might aim for it but I doubt it will be a realistic target come month 2 or 3 into the season. We need heavy investment into the playing squad and at the minute, with a never ending takeover saga, the club can't afford to pay the groundsmen to sort out the pitch never mind making big signings.

We've got a good defence at the minute, but I doubt we'll manage to get Clarke on loan again and he'll cost a good 4 or 5 million + to bring in permanently so he'll probably need replacing. Wisdom is out of contract and I doubt the club are in a rush to hand out new deals with the takeover pending so we risk losing him for nowt. There will probably be interest in Buchanan and if we're still in a mess financially he could well be sold. We're crying out for some creativity in midfield and they won't come cheap. We will probably need a winger or 2 to add competition to Lawrence, Jozwiak and Ibe. We probably need a striker or 2 to come in and help CKR (if he even stays). And even in by some miracle the takeover goes through and the new bloke does have funds to spend, there's no guarantee we even can due to FFP. 

Who says it got to be big money fee signings it could be done on the cheap plus roony likes bring in youth in but also mixed with with experance players plus you got likes of Marriott coming back at end of the season unless he is sold to another team and jack Stratton looks next best for Derby. And if will Hughes get big money move somewere we get 15 percent or 25 percent sell on clause. And that goes bogle and max low as well.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Who says it got to be big money fee signings it could be done on the cheap plus roony likes bring in youth in but also mixed with with experance players plus you got likes of Marriott coming back at end of the season unless he is sold to another team and jack Stratton looks next best for Derby. And if will Hughes get big money move somewere we get 15 percent or 25 percent sell on clause. And that goes bogle and max low as well.

Is doesn't have to be big money, but you're relying on some unbelievable scouting if you think we can challenge for the title on cheap signings, freebies and academy players. And at the rate we're going most of our better academy products who haven't reached the first team yet will be shipped out to help cover the wages of the first team. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No chance. We’re absolutely miles off having a squad with enough quality to challenge for the title. It’s going to take a few years to sort our mess out. Next season will be about getting back into the top half, so we’re back to looking up rather than down.

Disagree. Fine margins in this league.

No doubt the squad needs work, but this gradual progression rubbish winds me up. It’s hard to build gradually in this league, failure to go up in a year or two means your best players bugger off. Add 3-4 right players, confidence high, big work ethic, togetherness, unity, strength, power,  anything can happen. 

Well I think Carson will br sold man city or given on a free and that will release huge amount of cash for roony bring players in with.

When you think roony took us from bottom on 6 points and only point behind lution and we gain win of most top 10 sides.

Norwich city

Bournemouth 

QpR

Boro 

So it does show were not a million miles away 

I imagine there's 3 scenarios being planned for:

"tickover" - little investment, selling to fund, expectation of lower midtable, but not being in danger. Rooney would probably have an open ear if that's the way it's going as his manager credentials are rapidly solidifying.

"building" - there's some funds available and less pressure to sell to buy, top 6 being the stretch target but solid midtable and tangeble improvment being the main target. This is the scenario i most expect. I'd bak Rooney to stay and succeed.

"going for it" - kid in candy shop time, a la Clement. it'll all go horribly wrong because it's DCFC

It’s hard to say what the aims are for next season.

There are more questions than answers at this time.

With six loan players returning and several players out of contract, we don’t know what the squad will look like.

With uncertainty over the takeover and the club’s financial status, we don’t know what kind of budget and leeway in the transfer market Rooney will be given.

With a varied approach favoured to drag us as far away as possible from the relegation zone, we don’t know what Rooney has in mind to allow the team to kick on. Will we see attacking football that is exciting to watch?

Too many unknowns at this point.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine there's 3 scenarios being planned for:

"tickover" - little investment, selling to fund, expectation of lower midtable, but not being in danger. Rooney would probably have an open ear if that's the way it's going as his manager credentials are rapidly solidifying.

"building" - there's some funds available and less pressure to sell to buy, top 6 being the stretch target but solid midtable and tangeble improvment being the main target. This is the scenario i most expect. I'd bak Rooney to stay and succeed.

"going for it" - kid in candy shop time, a la Clement. it'll all go horribly wrong because it's DCFC

Going for it and executing very poorly, is why we are scratching around. 

I believe (possibly naively) that Rooney's greatest achievement could be going for with more astute scouting and less funds than in our wasteful years.

I actually don't think we're as far away as some of you might think.

Rooney has shown a lot of promise so far, he has managed to get a group of average individuals who looked clueless and lethargic into a genuine team that fights for 90 minutes every single game. He has a great footballing brain, he seems tactically astute and has the staff around him to get even better.

Rooney has turned this club around in a matter of weeks and has instilled a winning mentality into the group. On paper, we have a mid table team at the minute. But look at the results and manner of performances since Rooney took charge. The unity is there, the grit is there, the work ethic is there. The only thing lacking is just a bit of quality. 

Sort the mess out off the pitch, get contracts sorted out, give him better players to add to this group and I honestly believe we will challenge next season.