The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Read it again Pete. I'm not trying to be controversial, just putting my feelings down as I see it. 

Like I say, I hope beyond hope that I am wrong about the vaccines - virtually everyone I love has had them.

Ok but saying you haven't had the vaccine but didn't get very ill is hardly proof of anything is it? I could equally say that I have had the vaccine and haven't (so far) had COVID at all, whereas people I know who caught COVID before there were vaccines have died. .That doesn't prove anything either.  The overall stats do though... you are much more likely to get seriously ill and die if you are unvaccinated.  

10 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok but saying you haven't had the vaccine but didn't get very ill is hardly proof of anything is it? I could equally say that I have had the vaccine and haven't (so far) had COVID at all, whereas people I know who caught COVID before there were vaccines have died. .That doesn't prove anything either.  The overall stats do though... you are much more likely to get seriously ill and die if you are unvaccinated.  

NO ,,,, how many people has covid before vaccines , how many of those were people who were people who were of the type who for some reason were badly affected by covid and were killed off before vaccines , how has counting and reporting changed since vaccines , 

the whole thing has been a shambles and a whole heap of rubbish like there would have been loads more deaths without masks , there would have been a load more deaths without vaccines , there would have been loads more deaths without lock ups ,,,

says who ?  Real world evidence has shown these claims to be baseless when looking at places like Sweden , California v Florida , Israel, third world countries not having massive numbers of deaths without vaccines pumped into the population,,

if you believe in the vaccine then crack on but I for one am not interested in these claims , models , guesses presented as facts ,

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

NO ,,,, how many people has covid before vaccines , how many of those were people who were people who were of the type who for some reason were badly affected by covid and were killed off before vaccines , how has counting and reporting changed since vaccines , 

the whole thing has been a shambles and a whole heap of rubbish like there would have been loads more deaths without masks , there would have been a load more deaths without vaccines , there would have been loads more deaths without lock ups ,,,

says who ?  Real world evidence has shown these claims to be baseless when looking at places like Sweden , California v Florida , Israel, third world countries not having massive numbers of deaths without vaccines pumped into the population,,

if you believe in the vaccine then crack on but I for one am not interested in these claims , models , guesses presented as facts ,

In previous pandemics (eg Spanish flu) the second wave has been far worse. The vaccines prevented that this time .. if the vaccine had been rolled out earlier the second wave would have been even less. Third world countries do have massive numbers of deaths , they all have low life expectancy as a result. They also have poor methods of registering deaths.     

12 hours ago, Archied said:

I know plenty of people on very good salaries now starting to be worried sick about where this is going as it dawns on them that although they may have enough to pay the electric/ gas bill ( unlike many who just CANT pay what they don’t have) they’re mortgage on massively overpriced houses only affordable and so overpriced by cheap borrowing is going to be a different matter on top of that ,

The additional worry for people on middle incomes is that, as it stands, there is a fair amount of crime like burglaries, muggings, shoplifting etc - mostly driven by poverty. But if we squint hard enough we can pretend it's not there..

However, once stuff starts to become unaffordable for many many more people, lawlessness will increase - and we'll start to notice just how under-funded and under-staffed the police and criminal justice systems are. We're headed into dark times if the politicians don't sort this out

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

In previous pandemics (eg Spanish flu) the second wave has been far worse. The vaccines prevented that this time .. if the vaccine had been rolled out earlier the second wave would have been even less. Third world countries do have massive numbers of deaths , they all have low life expectancy as a result. They also have poor methods of registering deaths.     

Yeah right , course it would all have been much worse if we hadn’t done this that or the other based on,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah we say so

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

The additional worry for people on middle incomes is that, as it stands, there is a fair amount of crime like burglaries, muggings, shoplifting etc - mostly driven by poverty. But if we squint hard enough we can pretend it's not there..

However, once stuff starts to become unaffordable for many many more people, lawlessness will increase - and we'll start to notice just how under-funded and under-staffed the police and criminal justice systems are. We're headed into dark times if the politicians don't sort this out

Any one who hasn’t been living on the moon for the last at least five years has noticed this stuff ages ago , not only under funded but massively mis directed, get your house burgled and you will be lucky to get a crime number over the phone , post something on Twitter that makes someone feel anxious or offends them and there will be two police cars and van round with 7 officers to arrest you quick smart,

the police are now politicised to a stupid extent , dancing round in rainbow badges , making sure ext reb protestors blocking roads are comfortable and offering them drinks ,,, FFS just do the job ,, investage crimes ,try to keep people safe and able to go about they’re lawful business 

Edited by Archied

Lockdowns were essential in order to reduce the infection rate and consequently the number of people requiring hospitalisation. Had they not been implemented, more people would have died both as a consequence of a Covid infection and of all other causes, simply because the health service would have broken down completely. Anyone arguing differently is barking out of their chuff-pipes. 

I also know of no-one who has suffered an adverse reaction amounting to more than a headache or arm-ache after receiving a vaccine or booster jab. I do, however, have two family members who caught Covid before the first lockdown who are still suffering the after-effects. 

Lockdown enabled the family to keep my 90 year old mother-in-law covid-free, safe AND sane. She was fully vaccinated and boosted and, whilst she had to give up some things she loved (like going to Mass), she accepted lockdown without complaint because she served the NHS as a Nurse for 48 years, the last 20 as a District Nurse, so she understood what was required in a PH emergency. Her opinion of Covid-deniers and lockdown sceptics wouldn't get through the swearing filter. 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lockdowns were essential in order to reduce the infection rate and consequently the number of people requiring hospitalisation. Had they not been implemented, more people would have died both as a consequence of a Covid infection and of all other causes, simply because the health service would have broken down completely. Anyone arguing differently is barking out of their chuff-pipes. 

I also know of no-one who has suffered an adverse reaction amounting to more than a headache or arm-ache after receiving a vaccine or booster jab. I do, however, have two family members who caught Covid before the first lockdown who are still suffering the after-effects. 

Lockdown enabled the family to keep my 90 year old mother-in-law covid-free, safe AND sane. She was fully vaccinated and boosted and, whilst she had to give up some things she loved (like going to Mass), she accepted lockdown without complaint because she served the NHS as a Nurse for 48 years, the last 20 as a District Nurse, so she understood what was required in a PH emergency. Her opinion of Covid-deniers and lockdown sceptics wouldn't get through the swearing filter. 

Your welcome to your opinion, in my opinion and growing numbers YOU are barking out of your chuff pipe ,

lockdowns and vaccines that in the USA they are actually sticking in babies as young as 6 months will in the long run be hugely worse than covid

35 minutes ago, Archied said:

Your welcome to your opinion, in my opinion and growing numbers YOU are barking out of your chuff pipe ,

lockdowns and vaccines that in the USA they are actually sticking in babies as young as 6 months will in the long run be hugely worse than covid

There was a reason I put you on ignore, and I remember what it was now. Thanks for the predictions though - I'll stick to listening to people I know who work in the NHS and in medical research at a high level for the latest developments in Covid research and predictions of what might happen in the future. Experts have their uses, self-interested mavericks and cranks don't. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

There was a reason I put you on ignore, and I remember what it was now. Thanks for the predictions though - I'll stick to listening to people I know who work in the NHS and in medical research at a high level for the latest developments in Covid research and predictions of what might happen in the future. Experts have their uses, self-interested mavericks and cranks don't. 

Yeah you stick with the experts (?) and ignore anybody who doesn’t fit with your and they’re narrative , 

there is a reason I never put anybody on ignore ,it’s called being open to all views including experts who don’t agree with your chosen experts and just like you I take in my experience of what’s happening to me and the people around me but hey you stick to what makes you feel comfortable, me I’m gonna stick with taking in as much as I can as in my opinion there’s nothing more rewarding than sometimes finding out I’m wrong on something and changing,

It may challenge you to know that you are not the only person who knows people who work for the nhs and that not all those who work for the nhs hold the views of the ones you listen to , watched an interview the other evening with a doctor who was amongst the first to have the vaccine and was part of the drive to discourage vaccine hesitantcy but now holds a different view in light of how they have been used / rolled out to the masses , they’re efficacy claims and phyzer testing result s , but hey you don’t want to hear that sort of stuff 

Edited by Archied

48 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Fascinating thread on theories around Excess Death figures by one of the best journalists reporting on the pandemic. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1562004612172873728

Wow! That is some in-depth stuff, and he builds a compelling case for the fact that excess deaths in the UK track the decline in NHS emergency care provision

And he's a reputable Financial Times journalist, and all of his stats have published sources, and he explains all of his working out

But crucially it all makes logical sense

BuT WHat If ITs tHE VaCCiNes?

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Wow! That is some in-depth stuff, and he builds a compelling case for the fact that excess deaths in the UK track the decline in NHS emergency care provision

And he's a reputable Financial Times journalist, and all of his stats have published sources, and he explains all of his working out

But crucially it all makes logical sense

BuT WHat If ITs tHE VaCCiNes?

He's been consistently brilliant throughout the pandemic. Logical, analytical, and without a hidden agenda. 

On 21/08/2022 at 10:49, Crewton said:

Yeah I think he’s spot on. He doesn’t jump to conclusions ,unlike  Telegraph article blaming lockdowns. And any conclusions he makes are well supported by evidence. 

Knock  on effect of lockdowns is probably a factor , but problems at NHS go much deeper than that. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Some of us did warn this was coming when we ridiculously shut down the economy for 2 years 

9E3BFF1D-55A3-4799-A920-441E63F292C1.jpeg

Pathetic.

Most of the current financial issues for the population are directly related to energy prices, which have nothing to do with Covid lockdowns. People have money, just not enough to cover a four-fold increase in their fuel bills. Food price inflation, largely thanks to Brexit, isn't helping either.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Pathetic.

Most of the current financial issues for the population are directly related to energy prices, which have nothing to do with Covid lockdowns. People have money, just not enough to cover a four-fold increase in their fuel bills. Food price inflation, largely thanks to Brexit, isn't helping either.

Pathetic

And why do you think that is ????! None of what we’re at seeing would have happened if we hadn’t locked down, the disruption on global supply chains and raw materials is what is behind all of this. Maybe read up on the issue before commenting 

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

#irony

Not really, seems like you need too as the only retort is well “my family needed it and is now ok” that I’m all right jack mentality has screwed us all, cheers 

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Not really, seems like you need too as the only retort is well “my family needed it and is now ok” that I’m all right jack mentality has screwed us all, cheers 

French energy bills only going up 4%. Covid presumably didn't reach France.