The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

19 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

sounds like good news, but I'm slightly puzzled by the statements around who it's aimed at.

Seems to be saying - those in the early stages of mild infection, but with risk factors that may lead to hospitalisation - and lists the obvious ones including being 55+

And it comes in the form of a 30 minute intravenous infusion

Are we really saying that everyone over 55 who gets a positive test  is going to get rushed down to the hospital and hooked up?

I think its the same thing they give away for free in Florida that helped reduce their death rate.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/monoclonal-antibody-therapy/

Joe Rogan and Tim Pool both had monoclonal antibodies (amongst other things) when they had covid - the latter was apparently quite ill with covid but within 12 hours of receiving the treatment felt 100%.  

Its good news but needs rolling out to everyone imo, in the meantime just shove a cushion up your jumper and pretend to be obese ? 

Can anyone explain to me why the people who disagree with the vaccine seem to be largely the people desperately promoting other medical intervention? Aren't they both open to the same criticisms? 

Big pharma making profits - tick
Lack of testing - tick (that worm medicine has been used externally but not internally I believe)
5G/other silver foil hat moments - all open to the same criticisms surely?

Im pretty sure this is what the South African medical scientists said also. As you were then, let’s get in with our lives. I hope I hear masks off and PCR testing/isolation after travel scrapped by tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Who's telling you this?

I literally haven't heard one person say they know yet. Nor have I read it anywhere.

Maybe there are people out there making such claims, but I've not seen them in fact, just the opposite.

All I'm hearing is 'we don't know'.

On the radio this morning.

Symptoms very mild but more contagious than the Delta variant.

24 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Im pretty sure this is what the South African medical scientists said also. As you were then, let’s get in with our lives. I hope I hear masks off and PCR testing/isolation after travel scrapped by tomorrow 

Bloody hope that’s the case but not sure how they can know yet. Doesn’t it take 3-4 weeks for hospitalisation to follow infection?

Good news all the same

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Can anyone explain to me why the people who disagree with the vaccine seem to be largely the people desperately promoting other medical intervention? Aren't they both open to the same criticisms? 

I assume you're talking to me as I posted the tweet...

I have never disgreed with the vaccine - just the mandating of the vaccine/passports.   Neither am I desperately promoting other medical interventions - just sharing new information. 

If you are asking me why other people might be championing it, I guess some have weighed up their risk/reward with any long term consequences but if they then get a bad dose of covid that scale would tip the other way. 

Given that the double vaxxed are still getting ill and dying (albeit in much lower numbers) regardless of vaccination status I personally think its one more tool in the toolbox ? 

Even though I'd been driving a year for a couple of years I cannot remember the introduction of compulsory seat belt wearing.

Were people kicking off about that and their civil liberties?

I think the comparisons are very strong.

You can still get killed or badly injured when wearing one.

And they're not especially difficult to wear, or particularly intrusive.

40 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Bloody hope that’s the case but not sure how they can know yet. Doesn’t it take 3-4 weeks for hospitalisation to follow infection?

Good news all the same

I assume they didn’t just find the super duper variant so have data to back up their claim. 
Anyway as you say good news all the same 

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Even though I'd been driving a year for a couple of years I cannot remember the introduction of compulsory seat belt wearing.

Were people kicking off about that and their civil liberties?

I think the comparisons are very strong.

You can still get killed or badly injured when wearing one.

And they're not especially difficult to wear, or particularly intrusive.

I’m pretty sure I won’t get killed or badly injured not wearing a mask as I’m fully vaccinated. 
The seat belt analogy is so poor, if you wear a seat belt do you also wear a crash helmet? I’m guessing not 

44 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m pretty sure I won’t get killed or badly injured not wearing a mask as I’m fully vaccinated. 
The seat belt analogy is so poor, if you wear a seat belt do you also wear a crash helmet? I’m guessing not 

No, but you have brakes on the car and many now have air bags and other safety devices.

Plus there are speed limits, speed bumps and cats eyes and lighting and barriers in the centre of some roads and bad bends etc.

So the seat belt is just one measure in a raft of measures designed to keep people safe.

Ya know, a bit like masks in my poor analogy. 

And there was a time when you didn't have to wear a seat belt that then turned into a time when you were told it was mandatory a bit like with masks in my poor analogy.

I can definitely see why you think it was a poor analogy and I think I may be coming around to way of thinking.

Although I'm not sure thinking is the right word. 

I take it all back.

5 Live just interviewed a virologist from the University of Brighton.

She said they're pretty sure that omicron is more contagious than Delta, but they're not sure at this stage if it's more or less dangerous.

It could be that it's more contagious but less severe which would be a good thing because it would drive Delta out and leave us with something that we're more likely to catch but less likely to be hospitalised with.

Sweet.

She also said that to rid the world of Covid would require 85% of the population being vaccinated (and that includes 85% of kids) AS WELL as masks, social distancing etc.

She said 'we're not going to vaccinate ourselves out of this.'

She's clearly not aware of the BBC conspiracy going on.

Edited by Bob The Badger

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

No, but you have brakes on the car and many now have air bags and other safety devices.

Plus there are speed limits, speed bumps and cats eyes and lighting and barriers in the centre of some roads and bad bends etc.

So the seat belt is just one measure in a raft of measures designed to keep people safe.

And there was a time when you didn't have to wear a seat belt that then turned into a time when you were told it was mandatory a bit like with masks in my poor analogy.

I can definitely see why you think it was a poor analogy and I think I may be coming around to way of thinking.

As humans it has been fundamental that we communicate through facial expressions, the seatbelt analogy is extremely off base in fact nothing like each other, 

ive never seen a child be afraid of anybody wearing a seat belt , the mask instils the idea other human s are a danger to us / them

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I take it all back.

5 Live just interviewed a virologist from the University of Brighton.

She said they're pretty sure that omicron is more contagious than Delta, but they're not sure at this stage if it's more or less dangerous.

It could be that it's more contagious but less severe which would be a good thing because it would drive Delta out and leave us with something that we're more likely to catch but less likely to be hospitalised with.

Sweet.

Pretty much what we see viruses do 

14 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeah you’re right it was a really poor analogy to go with all your other poor analogy’s.

I really don’t think some will be happy until we’re locked up again and this time wearing full chemical suits, it’s absolutely bizarre.

39 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah you’re right it was a really poor analogy to go with all your other poor analogy’s.

I really don’t think some will be happy until we’re locked up again and this time wearing full chemical suits, it’s absolutely bizarre.

Yep when you consider the survival rate / percentage even before vaccines, the response has been truly bizarre, but now we know more two years in the policies countries are pushing on with are quite frightening and just make no sense