The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Idiocy is why people fall for conspiracy theories.

So anybody who doesn’t agree with your thought process is a conspiracist and therefore and idiot ? That is just idiotic 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

One reason Eddie, another might be that the amount of wrongdoing by the Pharma corporations

Fines and settlements paid under the US False Claims Act include, and these are just the highest of the individual fines NOT the total......

GlaxoSmithKline $3b

Pfizer $2.3b

Johnson & Johnson $2.2b

AstraZeneca came in at a rather amateurish $0.52b.

A modicum of cynicism is to be expected.

There's cynicism, and then there's the pants on head stuff.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

So anybody who doesn’t agree with your thought process is a conspiracist and therefore and idiot ? That is just idiotic 

People can disagree with my thought processes, but my argument is with the real headcases who subscribe to the more outlandish theories.

You know the ones...

1. The virus was deliberately engineered as a germ warfare experiment, and it got out of hand
  2. Wealthy elites are deliberately spreading the virus, and engineering new variants all the time
  3. Covid-19 is no worse than a cold or the flu
  4. Wearing a mask will make you more likely to contract the virus, and doesn't stop you passing it on.
  5. BLM caused an increase in transmission and cases, because more black people die of it
  6. Hydroxychloroquine beats Covid-19
  7. More cases are because of increased testing
  8. Vaccines are worse than getting Covid-19 - it's not worth the risk
  9. Giving it to everyone will bring about herd immunity and cause fewer deaths in the long run
  10. Giving people vaccines facilitate the implantation of microchips to control their behaviour and thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

People can disagree with my thought processes, but my argument is with the real headcases who subscribe to the more outlandish theories.

You know the ones...

1. The virus was deliberately engineered as a germ warfare experiment, and it got out of hand
  2. Wealthy elites are deliberately spreading the virus, and engineering new variants all the time
  3. Covid-19 is no worse than a cold or the flu
  4. Wearing a mask will make you more likely to contract the virus, and doesn't stop you passing it on.
  5. BLM caused an increase in transmission and cases, because more black people die of it
  6. Hydroxychloroquine beats Covid-19
  7. More cases are because of increased testing
  8. Vaccines are worse than getting Covid-19 - it's not worth the risk
  9. Giving it to everyone will bring about herd immunity and cause fewer deaths in the long run
  10. Giving people vaccines facilitate the implantation of microchips to control their behaviour and thoughts.

Ah ok fair enough, for what it’s worth the only one I see some truth in is number 2. Now I don’t think for one bit  they are spreading or creating new variants but the elites in the Media are using them as propaganda to sell their papers, clickbait and increase viewers to their channels. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Ah ok fair enough, for what it’s worth the only one I see some truth in is number 2. Now I don’t think for one bit  they are spreading or creating new variants but the elites in the Media are using them as propaganda to sell their papers, clickbait and increase viewers to their channels. 

For most of us, Covid-19 is a disaster. For some, it is an opportunity to profit.

4 hours ago, Miggins said:

My experience is the same as yours in this respect but I've put it down partly to the fact that as I am older, so is my circle of friends and my (remaining!) family. As for colleagues, well, I'm not at work anymore so I wouldn't know. We have no school children amongst our friends or family or the situation might be different. I guess we are all that bit more cautious amongst crowds, given our age and the age of those around us and that has helped to keep us from getting ill or worse. If I was 30 years younger working in a busy school and living in a city with lots of young friends and plenty of entertainment venues it might sadly be very different.

I’m 60 but have a fair size amount of friends , family , colleagues, my wife is a childminder , my daughter a teacher , son works with me ,as such we have a wide variety of people we know ,all ages but non of us actually know anyone who has been seriously I’ll or passed away ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Agreed.

And you didn't even bring up whistle blowers questioning the data integrity of Pfizers vaccine trial (BMJ article and several Project Veritas videos) nor the fact that despite approving the Pfizer vaccine in just 108 days the FDA want to wait until 2076 to release documents regarding its approval.  

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

If they want to tackle vaccine hesitency in people maybe why not be clear upfront?

Are you watching dopesick ? All about oxi conton epidemic, how it was marketed and approved 

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Look at the front of every newspaper this morning,  all top stories calling the new Covid strain ultra infectious and vaccine resistant! They are using language like ‘worst ever strain, however the South Africans say it’s a storm in a teacup and all cases have been mild. And people are actually asking why would the MSM push that agenda, unbelievable. 

Wrong. Totally wrong.

Many don't even lead on the story.

Of those that do, the Mail and Telegraph both lead on positive stories. Telegraph "New Variant Less Worrying Than Delta". Mail "Experts say Jabs Will Work".

The Express is the only one with an outright negative story "Variant Threat to XMAS"

The Times, The i, The Sun and the Star lead on other stories.

You are simply making stuff up to support your argument.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Wrong. Totally wrong.

Of those that do, the Mail and Telegraph both lead on positive stories. Telegraph "New Variant Less Worrying Than Delta". Mail "Experts say Jabs Will Work".

The Express is the only one with an outright negative story "Variant Threat to XMAS"

2AB20ADE-1C5D-4A9C-BAB7-9846CCDCDF09.png

Wrong. Totally wrong.

it’s won’t let me upload the other front pages. However

The I front page: Uk battling to hold back Omicron

Mirror: front page Covid variant already in the UK

The Times : front page, new Tavel ban to save Christmas from variant 

The Guardian: front page, alarm as new variant Omicron spreads to Europe

The Express: front page, new Covid variant is threat to Christmas 

The Mail: don’t let new Covid variant ruin Christmas 

the Star: front page, Jamie Oliver can’t make toast. 

Don’t know what day you were looking at and you look at bit silly now saying I am making things up, but not as silly as @GboroRam for liking your post ?. As you were

6956C6E8-AE64-4F38-9AE6-F5DDD2C38423.png

5 hours ago, observer said:

How many people have died from flu / pneumonia that hasnt been blamed on covid for the last few years

Probably none as the flu is easier to test for than covid.

I got super sick last October and they tested me for flu in a few minutes.

When it was negative, then they tested me for Covid.

on either side of the argument is an equally qualified scientist or chemist to argue either point.

Being married to a DNP, I know she doesn't know any medical professional who thinks the vaccine does nothing. Nor did she when we lived in the US.

More people die from Covid in an hour than there are doctors who genuinely believe the vaccine doesn't help.

alot of GPS should be ashamed of themselves and the service they provided

Here I have a bit of sympathy, again based on my wife's anecdotal feedback.

She thinks that a lot of doctors are using it to reduce their workload.

She is really pissed off that she still cannot run her clinic and see patients in person if they have been tested, but knows others that don't want to go back to seeing patients. She  worries that this could see a radical shift in how doctors see patients.

She's only one person though 

Wrong. Totally wrong.

There was a report on BBC 5 Live earlier this morning saying that it may not be as bad as feared.

fear-mongering BBC up to their old tricks.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Wrong. Totally wrong.

image.thumb.png.64c44085f470598e38e3d4b2795a7325.png

image.thumb.png.ca801112245bbea2e593fd172bb6f549.png