The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, Archied said:

As I said IF it worked 

there may come a time when there is a virus that is so deadly that I could agree with mandated vaccines/ medication but at this point with corona that kills minuscule percentage and an almost mandated vaccine thar doesn’t stop the catching and spreading of it alongside the capability to just about wipe out malaria and other killers in IN poor countries but no will to do so ( money talks ) ,,, yes I’m ok for people to choose 

So your ok for people to die.

This minuscule percentage, will this equate to tens, hundreds, thousands or even millions of deaths?

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

How miniscule is this percentage? All the figures I've read make it at somewhere around the 2% mark, which I think is far bigger than "miniscule". It causes lasting damage to a far bigger figure too.

Less than 2% , lasting damage my backside , 

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So your ok for people to die.

This minuscule percentage, will this equate to tens, hundreds, thousands or even millions of deaths?

In the same way people die from road accidents, accidents at work , sports accidents, cancers , heart disease, strokes , and the multitude of things people die from everyday and given that deaths are above the average life expectancy and from any cause within 28 days of a positive test , YES I am rather than stop people living normal lives,

here’s a tip for you , you can’t stop people dieing 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

In the same way people die from road accidents, accidents at work , sports accidents, cancers , heart disease, strokes , and the multitude of things people die from everyday and given that deaths are above the average life expectancy and from any cause within 28 days of a positive test , YES I am rather than stop people living normal lives,

here’s a tip for you , you can’t stop people dieing 

You can if everyone is vaccinated against a deadly virus.

14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Erm ,have you not noticed that people still catch , spread and die from covid even though they are double jabbed , have you not noticed that some die from side effects of the double jab or suffer long term damage ,, I take it your happy for them to die ,

what are you doing to stop deaths from non covid causes being as covid is far far far from the number one cause of death ? 
when you ask if I don’t care if people die what your actually asking is why am I not obsessed with covid to the exclusion of all other deaths 

28 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Each year, more than 400 000 people die of malaria – a preventable and treatable disease. An estimated two thirds of deaths are among children under the age of five.

don’t remember you ever showing any real concern about that ,,, perhaps because it doesn’t scare you as you live in a non malaria country 

self preservation dressed up in virtue signaling ??‍♂️

10 hours ago, Archied said:

Erm ,have you not noticed that people still catch , spread and die from covid even though they are double jabbed , have you not noticed that some die from side effects of the double jab or suffer long term damage ,, I take it your happy for them to die ,

what are you doing to stop deaths from non covid causes being as covid is far far far from the number one cause of death ? 
when you ask if I don’t care if people die what your actually asking is why am I not obsessed with covid to the exclusion of all other deaths 

10 hours ago, Archied said:

Each year, more than 400 000 people die of malaria – a preventable and treatable disease. An estimated two thirds of deaths are among children under the age of five.

don’t remember you ever showing any real concern about that ,,, perhaps because it doesn’t scare you as you live in a non malaria country 

self preservation dressed up in virtue signaling ??‍♂️

So which point are you attempting to make? Is it that vaccines don't stop people dying, as per your  covid post. Or that vaccines do work if they were made available to everyone, as per your malaria post.

Yes I'm all for self preservation, who isn't, I'm not a saint. 

So if malaria was a prevalent here then I would be wanting the vaccination and be pushing for everyone else to have it or would you still be campaigning for your right to choose?

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So which point are you attempting to make? Is it that vaccines don't stop people dying, as per your  covid post. Or that vaccines do work if they were made available to everyone, as per your malaria post.

Yes I'm all for self preservation, who isn't, I'm not a saint. 

So if malaria was a prevalent here then I would be wanting the vaccination and be pushing for everyone else to have it or would you still be campaigning for your right to choose?

I just wouldn’t be dressing up my own selfishness with virtue signaling how much it’s all about me caring for others , 

some people will die from the jab or have serious long term health issues , no matter how small the numbers , YOU don’t have the right to choose for THEM what risk they prefer then call people out by saying they don’t care if people die ??‍♂️

On 06/11/2021 at 14:45, Eddie said:

The pandemic ran riot in schools 6-8 weeks ago, and now over-12s are being vaccinated.

Incidentally, we are so far ahead of South Korea in performance that you should be proud.

37947907_SouthKoreaCovid.thumb.jpg.8d48b3c73e22554188ceaceba099d008.jpg

Oh, wait...

In the States Florida has the lowest Covid transmission rate in the country with no mask mandate and hardly anyone wears masks. New York where the  rules are much stricter has a transmission rate X5 higher. None of it makes sense, so many variables to compare one area with another I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

In the States Florida has the lowest Covid transmission rate in the country with no mask mandate and hardly anyone wears masks. New York where the  rules are much stricter has a transmission rate X5 higher. None of it makes sense, so many variables to compare one area with another I’m afraid. 

And the death rate in Florida is 3 times higher than the State of New York.

25 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

When now or from the start? Stats are all relative 

22 hours ago, Archied said:

self preservation dressed up in virtue signaling 

So voicing my concerns about the affect of the pandemic on the nation and on the way it is being dealt with. And wanting the nation to be kept healthy, which by definition will include me.

Is classed has self preservation, I can live with that. You can dress it any way you want.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

46 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

When now or from the start? Stats are all relative 

Now.

But if want to use figures from the start of the pandemic when the city of New York was the epicentre of the pandemic in the USA. When the Trump government denied the dangers of covid while giving little help to NY. Go for it, use those figures in trying to make a point about mask wearing.

Maybe you'd like to put up the figures on the number of transmission that occurred across the states after Florida allowed thousands of college students to have spring break in its state without the need to wear masks.

47 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Now.

But if want to use figures from the start of the pandemic when the city of New York was the epicentre of the pandemic in the USA. When the Trump government denied the dangers of covid while giving little help to NY. Go for it, use those figures in trying to make a point about mask wearing.

Maybe you'd like to put up the figures on the number of transmission that occurred across the states after Florida allowed thousands of college students to have spring break in its state without the need to wear masks.

Now meaning the figures from the last month, anything less from my post is irrelevant

Edited by TexasRam