Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David said:

I was trying to be enthusiastic each summer, but as the years rolled by it became more difficult.

I don’t recall ever being vocally “anti GSE”, get them out, just had a lack of interest, the games were dull, away games a write off before kick off and to top it off we had Robbie Savage as captain. I mean if anyone was happy with that, fair play. 

Stood by Clough for too long, far too long, complained about lack of funds whilst having no ambition himself on the pitch. 

Maybe some fans though are thinking as you were, games dull, scoring only one goal a game etc....We had Savage as captain, past his best years only in it for the money...enter Wayne Rooney. Current transfer window is again players that are towards the end of their career, are journey men, players that no one else wants or taking other clubs players that will just leave us with a gap once they leave, similar to Mount and co...CKR is doing well, but at 34 is he the future, he is going to decline rather than improve with age.

Not one shared by me I do add, I was happy with Rooney but then I liked Savages attitude throughout his career of being a winner despite his limited abilities. The players we "appear"to be bringing in now are I would guess to address the short term risk of being relegated. Have no problem with this.

Going forward, if the transfer windows continue this theme though, then the GSE days and barker type fees may be looked upon with envy.

Just now, BIllyD said:

Going forward, if the transfer windows continue this theme though, then the GSE days and barker type fees may be looked upon with envy.

We would have to be in League 1 to be envious of those days

Archived