What's the best Derby XI of the 21st Century if they were in there prime?

DCFC Kicks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Serious question! When we speak of ‘prime’, it’s normally a three or four year period. When was Hughes’ prime? 

I agree, Hughes had a good couple of seasons at Watford but no where near the level we all thought he'd be. I actually think Hendrick has become a better player than Hughes so far since they left Derby. 

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I agree, Hughes had a good couple of seasons at Watford but no where near the level we all thought he'd be. I actually think Hendrick has become a better player than Hughes so far since they left Derby. 

I'm not sure i would say Hendrick now better than Hughes. Hendrick hasn't been first choice at Newcastle or Burnley and is playing boring, slow, defensive style football, where they spend more time out of possession. . Hughes has more or less been a first choice at Watford up until his injury problems. And in the premier league they were at least playing decent football. I would play Hughes over Hendrick any day to be honest. 

51 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Can’t believe you’ve all forgotten Jesse Lingard. 24 England caps, trophies galore, World Cup semifinalist, and the nations sweetheart to boot!

Looking at how many games hes played this season we arent the only ones who have forgotton about him ? Not sure hes ever been the nations sweetheart mind.

Keogh

Keogh Keogh Keogh Keogh

Keogh Keogh Keogh

Martin Martin Martin

?

On 21/01/2021 at 23:13, Igorwasking said:

What?  

I might be missing the rules, but;

Poom

Charles.        Wright.  Stimac.         Sage

Asanovic.          Kinkladze.          Jozwiak

McMinn.            Saunders.           Robert

21st century started in year 2000

Kinky in his prime would have been very very special, Rooney when he was an unstoppable bull, Ashley Cole .. I remember him keeping Ronaldo in his pocket for 90 minutes. I remember Hughes in a cup game against Leicester, dancing through the middle. Poom in goal, first name on the team sheet.

Impossible to choose but great fun dreaming 

nice thread 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Kinky in his prime would have been very very special, Rooney when he was an unstoppable bull, Ashley Cole .. I remember him keeping Ronaldo in his pocket for 90 minutes. I remember Hughes in a cup game against Leicester, dancing through the middle. Poom in goal, first name on the team sheet.

Impossible to choose but great fun dreaming 

nice thread 

Yeah, Cole was able to handle Ronaldo but Mason Bennett was too good for him.

Archived