What's the best Derby XI of the 21st Century if they were in there prime?

DCFC Kicks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DCFClks said:

What's the best Derby XI who weren't necessarily in there prime when they played for Derby but still played for us at some point. Imagine a team of former/current Derby players but you could have them at any point in there career, not just when they played for us. I've said 21st Century because it would just be the 70's team otherwise.

Here's mine.

image.png.8d3c9e2d100fe174e936ac256aa0ecbd.png

Subs: Kenny Miller, Jack Butland, Darren Moore, Jeff Hendrick, Stephen Warnock, Jesse Lingard, Omar Mascarell, Darren Bent, Inigo Idiakez

Kenny Miller!!

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'd go with this for a first team:

Poom
Barton, Keane, Carbonari, Cole
       Delap, Huddlestone
    Eranio, Mount, Kinkladze
                Rooney

Almost couldn't bring myself to pick Michael Keane after his shocking few appearances for us, but can't argue that he's developed into a decent PL centre-back.

Kudos on Warren Barton. He looked different class for us at the time. Always seemed to have time on the ball. Clever underrated player. 

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Think I've probably missed someone out the team but I would go with this.

Wanchope          Martin

Rooney

Cole                    Mount                Hughes                  Bogle

Keane    Huddlestone    Keogh

Poom

Bench:

Commons, Bryson, Hendrick, Barker, Moore, Barnes, Bent, Mascarell, Eranio, Kinkladze, Ravanelli, Butland, Lingaard, 

Wanchope left in 1999

Of course you put yourself up front Chris?

16 hours ago, DCFClks said:

What's the best Derby XI who weren't necessarily in there prime when they played for Derby but still played for us at some point. Imagine a team of former/current Derby players but you could have them at any point in there career, not just when they played for us. I've said 21st Century because it would just be the 70's team otherwise.

Here's mine.

image.png.8d3c9e2d100fe174e936ac256aa0ecbd.png

Subs: Kenny Miller, Jack Butland, Darren Moore, Jeff Hendrick, Stephen Warnock, Jesse Lingard, Omar Mascarell, Darren Bent, Inigo Idiakez

Poom

Tomasz Hajto (It probably should be Danny Mills, but I really don't want any ex Leeds, even in a theoretical team)

Ashley Cole

Alan Stubbs

Taribo West

Marco Reich

Mason Mount

Stefano Eranio

Rob Lee

Wayne Rooney

Fabrizio Ravanelli

54 minutes ago, Anon said:

Poom

Tomasz Hajto (It probably should be Danny Mills, but I really don't want any ex Leeds, even in a theoretical team)

Ashley Cole

Alan Stubbs

Taribo West

Marco Reich

Mason Mount

Stefano Eranio

Rob Lee

Wayne Rooney

Fabrizio Ravanelli

If you can't be bothered to lay it out as a formation then I'm sorry, i'm going to read another read.

Ignoring the 'at their career best' and loan players & just using Championship players rather than the Premiership players from 2000-2002

Lee Grant

----------

John Brayford

Richard Keogh

Shaun Barker

Craig Forsyth

-------------

Craig Bryson

Inigo Idiakez

Will Hughes

-------------

Morten Bisgaard

Chris Martin

Kris Commons

Bench

Scott Carson

Jake Buxton

George Thorne

Giles Barnes

Johnny Russell

Tommy Smith

Steve Howard

12 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

If you can't be bothered to lay it out as a formation then I'm sorry, i'm going to read another read.

The formation is obvious. All 11 players are lined up one after the other hugging the left touchline. Mart Poom is the furthest forward.

I don’t get the stick Michael Keane seems to get. He opportunities were limited because Keogh and Buxton were playing well. 

He had a chance when Keogh was injured and looked as if he had the lot. Good in the air, could carry it out (past people, as well) and he had a ping on him. 

He had a mare against Leicester but that was about it. 

He’s gone on to play for England.

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Sorry thought he left in 2000. 

Well to be honest, how could you leave me out the team.?   114 goals & assists in 226 games

Top Championship forward at his peak.

Ravenelli, Juventus and Italy forward 

Bent, England and Spurs forward

I'd even put a fit Strupar ahead of Martin

Archived