If you train right you'll be in me thoughts.

RoyMac5

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Why is it? Do you not see a difference since. Wazza took sole charge? Perhaps it’s linked to a previous situation at Derby where there wasn’t much of a link between training and match day? Perhaps Wazza is trying to re-establish a broken link. Apparently under Cocu, training didn’t have much intensity and there didn’t seem to be links between games and training. Maybe it isn’t vacuous then? Nor hype but an important message to the players? 

That sounds a bit too obvious! ? I think just as importantly the players know he means it and that matters. I also liked hearing (more vacuuity no doubt some would think!) that the players want to play for Rooney. #COYR

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm really excited about the rest of the season. 

Until we lose, then you’ll be demanding another change of manager. 
you’ve changed your mind twice on Rooney so far.

Just now, RamNut said:

Until we lose, then you’ll be demanding another change of manager. 
you’ve changed your mind twice on Rooney so far.

I've already said what that was about - I've not changed my mind I was just exasperated - you know emotionally committed and upset about a poor result, it's what happens. But you'd not understand that as you just look to score points which is nothing to do with the football or the club.

1 hour ago, Slaapwekkend P said:

You're obviously trying to get some train related puns started on this thread but what's your motive? Power? ?

No he’s just trying to keep the thread on track 

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s a sound bite that literally every new manager uses. Doesn’t mean a lot. I’m sure Rooney, having already been here a while, knows exactly who he wants in his team, and who he wants to move on. I’m sure he also has some idea of who he’d ideally like to bring in, but God knows what will happen on that front with the takeover.

I think he might be talking to the likes of Gorden. Saying if you train right I’ll put you in. 

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m not advocating returning to Cocu just that the same problem exists and if it’s not addressed it will dog Rooney too.

Yes that is still a problem but you have to say, we've looked far more of a threat under Rooney. We play direct with energy and intensity. Solid at the back too. 

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Vacuous new manager hyperbole. 

Never heard a new manager say I'm going to come in and and make a total gash job of things and wee the transfer budget up the wall on dross.

Least we've got a manager now I suppose can't think who else would have wanted this job otherwise. Jury is still out on Rooney for me.

Nice to start a match day with a bit of positivity.

Missed the other bit of the quote, doh. Just as important.

He concluded: “I have made it clear that if you train well then you will be in my thoughts, if you don’t and your attitude isn’t right then you won’t be in the squad.

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That sounds a bit too obvious! ? I think just as importantly the players know he means it and that matters. I also liked hearing (more vacuuity no doubt some would think!) that the players want to play for Rooney. #COYR

Hear! Hear. Nail. Head. 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Why is it? Do you not see a difference since. Wazza took sole charge? Perhaps it’s linked to a previous situation at Derby where there wasn’t much of a link between training and match day? Perhaps Wazza is trying to re-establish a broken link. Apparently under Cocu, training didn’t have much intensity and there didn’t seem to be links between games and training. Maybe it isn’t vacuous then? Nor hype but an important message to the players? 

It was meant as a general statement when any new manager comes in and then the results yielded are totally divergent from the opening gambits proffered.

As I said let's hope it's not the case with Rooney or we'll be in League 1 next season.

3 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Really?

This is a results driven game. Only one team out played us this season and that was Boro.

We were in every other game and I’ve lost count how many time Cocu rued us not capitalising when on top. It was the lack of a striker that stopped us. And it’s the same for Rooney.

People have short memories. Cocu still had the support of most on here until he was replaced. If we had of had a striker we’d have won a few more games and he’d still be in charge.

I’m not advocating returning to Cocu just that the same problem exists and if it’s not addressed it will dog Rooney too.

There's so much wrong with your statement then it would take a weekend to unpick it all.

Did you not see the polls on here prior to Cocu exiting the business? Or do you have short term memorism.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Have you not noticed the difference in quality since Wazza took sole charge? 

Not trying to be churlish but no not really. Look at Sheffield Wednesday for example the lack of composure and quality in front of goal was consistent with the rest of the season. 

I will admit that Rooney has made us hard to beat but I don't mix that up with quality more organisation. 

We all agree on one thing this side is missing goals.

Rooney seems to have sorted out the defense and midfield making us more difficult to beat but we still don't score enough.

Now he is officially the manager and in charge who better to tackle this problem ?

2nd Highest Primer League goal scorer, England's All time scorer he obliviously knows what it takes to become a consistent scorer. 

He 'surely' has some ideas of some potential targets which fit the bill within our price range. Maybe not the finished article but someone to be taught and polish by one of best there's been.

39 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Heh heh.....points to Monty.......?

Thanks VdM - for top punnery this forum is def my preferred platform ?

Archived