Why are they in Derby ?

Gee SCREAMER !!

Just seen Jean Claude Van Damme mentioned in another thread and didn't want to hijack the discussion as out of context.

I Remember seeing him in Derby and wondered why he was here. Apparently he was filming at the old Pink Coconut site. It was hired out by the production company. 

My mate saw Alice Cooper in the Westfield once- then thought it couldn't be him- turned out it was. He was doing some shopping prior to an appearance at Download.

Anyway else remember Mark Hamill- Luke Skywalker- having lunch in the Broadway pub on a regular basis about 14 years ago.  I still have no idea why he was there ?

Any other unusual sightings I may not know about and do you know why they were here. ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I saw Claude Davis once and have absolutely no idea why he was here. 
Does that count? 

He was here as the primary star of the spaghetti western The Un-magnificent 11 .  Filming was at Pride Park stadium Aug 07- May 08.

He then had a small cameo in the following years Escape from the championship, which was flop and still hasn't made it's money back after thirteen years of re-runs, before moving to B movie status at Crawley town  

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Derby used to be HQ of the English branch of Prisoner Cell Block H fanclub. B/Bea visited once. 

She lived in Holbrook 

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Out of idle curiosity, how many members did that organisation have? What number were you?

? wasn’t it on at like 2 or 3 am??

I lived around the corner from the woman who was the megafan. Not sure there was that big a fanbase. I was still a kid at the time. 

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I lived around the corner from the woman who was the megafan. Not sure there was that big a fanbase. I was still a kid at the time. 

Used to watch years ago after working afternoon shifts and a couple of beers it was awful but had a cult following so I ended watching it until I fell asleep on the sofa.

Sledgehammer and Married with children was really funny still watch it now on you tube.

19 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

First programme on when all night telly started. Remember it vividly as I had a badly broken leg at the time and lots of trouble sleeping. Came on at 1am normally. 

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Hang on what? You just made that up surely?

100% true . I assume he was filming something in the UK.  Since I posed the question I've been advised that he was staying local making a film at the Space centre in Leicester with Gemma Atkinson .  His star has somewhat resurfaced since then clearly.

Archived