RooneyBall or WazzaBall?

Ellafella

Some nice little insights into Wazza's philosophy. He's ticking some good boxes; Not sure if the insights would concur with our last manager's "philosophy" and I really like this "play without fear" approach. Hearing more from Wayne makes me realise that perhaps he's a book with a beige cover but much more cogent inside pages. Tonight is a very big game for him. It will be really hard for him not to lace his boots at 07:30 but I'm actually excited for him...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-Derby-county-manager-23097467

“I have told them to still call me 'Wazza' for the time being , if I get the job on a long-term basis they can call me what they want.”

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds very much like Rowettball to me...

Did I imagine it, or did he say something at his press conference yesterday along the lines of him seeing Bielik as a box to box midfielder? If that doesn’t change the minds of the very few that think he’s right for the job, then I don’t know what will....

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds very much like Rowettball to me...

Did I imagine it, or did he say something at his press conference yesterday along the lines of him seeing Bielik as a box to box midfielder? If that doesn’t change the minds of the very few that think he’s right for the job, then I don’t know what will....

Thing I'm not sure is about whether he actually has a style yet. 

The committee had already agreed how they wanted to play but now Rooney scraps that after 2 games in favour of going direct and picking a team clearly with not losing in mind. 

Honestly It's seems somewhere between grasping at straws and deliberately trying to be seen to go in a different direction.

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Thing I'm not sure is about whether he actually has a style yet. 

The committee had already agreed how they wanted to play but now Rooney scraps that after 2 games in favour of going direct and picking a team clearly with not losing in mind. 

Honestly It's seems somewhere between grasping at straws and deliberately trying to be seen to go in a different direction.

He’s more like Tony Pulis’ apprentice so far...

Anyway.

For what it’s worth, not much, but if Rooney had come in as manager and not a player, I think he’d of got more of a reaction from the players.

The players are over the star struck faze and seen him underachieving on the pitch himself.

That’s my view, 

From what I am seeing we are the worst team in this league. We will finish in the bottom three with either Wycombe, Coventry or one other.

I can’t see us averaging one goal a game this season. Lawrence is ducking awful but still gets a gave every week.

Wycombe and Coventry were both must win in my opinion and we have struggled.

Archived