Mac3 entered the dressing-room ...

Ellafella

34 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

McClaren is the technical director, he’s effectively part of the board. In that role, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the coaching side of things. Him going into the dressing room at half time is an absolute farce. It’s just more unnecessary interference, rather than just letting one man take charge of the coaching of the team. Utter joke. 

I'm fairly sure he's just there if Wayne has any questions or asks for some advice. It's a good idea in my opinion as Rooney has zero experience as manager. If we had a proven manager coming in, I'm sure Mac would take more of a back seat. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I'm fairly sure he's just there if Wayne has any questions or asks for some advice. It's a good idea in my opinion as Rooney has zero experience as manager. If we had a proven manager coming in, I'm sure Mac would take more of a back seat. 

If Rooney needs McClaren there to babysit him, then he shouldn’t be in charge.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Perhaps the only people who don’t or won’t see the obvious problem with our tech director or whatever it’s called entering the dressing room at half are those that want mac3 as manager

People moaning have their own baggage

10 minutes ago, DRBee said:

People moaning have their own baggage

I wouldn’t choose mac3 as new manager personally,,,, BUT if the powers that be want to then they need to put him clearly in charge ,,

I wonder if you would be ok with rowett being appointed tech director then entering the dressing room at half time or all the other blurred lines ,, for me the problem is the blurred lines and they will see us relegated 

49 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yep agree with what you've said, but do you think now is the right time to mentor Rooney and let him develop into the role? We need results, and now!

Yes, I do. I’ve always thought it significant that Mac watches from “on high”. It gives a better view of what’s happening that you don’t get at ground level. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

What relevance is that? Mac was assistant manager at Man Utd, so it was his job to get involved in coaching. Here he is technical director, so he should be advising the board, not the manager. 

And you know what his brief is how?!

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

To be honest we worse before then largely due to their tactical changes and them being not as bad as the first half.

Admittedly taking of CKR compounded that 

Not much opportunity to counter their tactical changes with a hugely limited bench.

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Worrying that we were significantly worse in the 2nd half then. 

They went direct. They went out to win free-kicks so they could launch it at the brick-outside toilet that was their centre-forward and we fell for the most industrial level football imaginable. We should have cut off their supply by pressing them better but we fell into the trap of camping in our box instead. I’m sure Rooney and Mac knew what was coming but the players still naively went in too strong. You can’t always legislate for a ref whose blind to players falling over. It was happening all over the pitch - Wycombe “Wander & Fall over”ers 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not much opportunity to counter their tactical changes with a hugely limited bench.

Well I actually disagree there. 

We could have changed around either personal or shape in midfield in order to retain the ball better. This is what i think we needed to do. Calm the game down and take a bit of control.

Perhaps brought on someone very physically strong and aggressive like Bielik to help combat it. Swapped Fozzy (who was going well but faded) For Buchanan to match McCleary's pace better.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

By his job title, and the club statement which said he has arrived as an advisor to the board. Not difficult to understand really.

There might be bits they've not told you?

Or they might give him extra duties - you know the bit at the end of your contract that says 'and any other reasonable duties'!

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Perhaps brought on someone very physically strong and aggressive like Bielik to help combat it. Swapped Fozzy (who was going well but faded) For Buchanan to match McCleary's pace better.

Difficult for Bielik to get into the pace of the game - risk him diving in? Clarke looked much more confident with Fozzy, needs the extra experience atm.

Archived