Mac3 entered the dressing-room ...

Ellafella

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

There might be bits they've not told you?

Or they might give him extra duties - you know the bit at the end of your contract that says 'and any other reasonable duties'!

This is exactly the point, there shouldn’t be any “extra duties”. Going into the dressing room isn’t reasonable, it’s a farce.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly the point, there shouldn’t be any “extra duties”. Going into the dressing room isn’t reasonable, it’s a farce.

Oh do give over. These are hardly 'normal times', we're in the middle of a takeover without a manager. ?

Bad management practice for Mac3 to enter the dressing room unless invited by Rooney. As has been said, totally undermines him otherwise.

That said, looking at how Wycombe played in the 2nd half, I’m wondering if we’ve got this wrong and Mac3 in fact went to Wycombe’s dressing room instead.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not much opportunity to counter their tactical changes with a hugely limited bench.

Oh you are gold.

All season it is the manager can't get enough out of the players. Now you have what you want, the bench is poor...

There isn't much to laugh at lately but this is genius.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

...at half-time yesterday and social media has gone apoplectic about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Mac3 offering insights from the gantry. It doesn't undermine the "manager" and indeed I would expect it to happen. Yes, we did have a ludicrous "committee" manager before, but now Wazza is the sole figure on the touchline making all the decisions. 

We need to get 3 points V Coventry to prove the point. I didn't agree with all of Wazza's selections yesterday but it was a much better showing in many respects and I was mildly impressed with Wazza's words pre-match. That's not to damn by feint praise but clearly he has some leadership acumen and perhaps with Mac as mentor, he will develop into the role. 3 points on Tuesday night, an he'll be hard to shift from the role. 

I’d suspect he’d have to do a darn sight more than that to get the job! Let’s see how we get on against Millwall ,Brentford and Stoke before we get too carried away with the hype.Personally,I don’t think we can afford to give out an apprenticeship in our precarious position. 

Just now, BondJovi said:

Oh you are gold.

All season it is the manager can't get enough out of the players. Now you have what you want, the bench is poor...

There isn't much to laugh at lately but this is genius.

The presence of CKR showed what a difference a hold up striker makes - Rooney chose to play him. The others didn't - the joke's on them. There was only one of him and until January we are limited on the bench, although Stretton will get more game time in front of Waghorn I bet!

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh do give over. These are hardly 'normal times', we're in the middle of a takeover without a manager. ?

Without a manager is about right, you can’t class Rooney as one....

I want my club to be run properly off the pitch irrespective of the takeover. It’s a mess at the moment. People at board level shouldn’t be going into dressing rooms, we’ve been through this all before. If you want McClaren in there, remove him as technical director, and make him a coach. Or, better still, make him caretaker manager since he’s actually qualified to do the job, and tell Rooney to jog on and focus on playing instead.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The presence of CKR showed what a difference a hold up striker makes - Rooney chose to play him. The others didn't - the joke's on them. There was only one of him and until January we are limited on the bench, although Stretton will get more game time in front of Waghorn I bet!

CKR is just getting back to fitness ?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Without a manager is about right, you can’t class Rooney as one....

I want my club to be run properly off the pitch irrespective of the takeover. It’s a mess at the moment. People at board level shouldn’t be going into dressing rooms, we’ve been through this all before. If you want McClaren in there, remove him as technical director, and make him a coach. Or, better still, make him caretaker manager since he’s actually qualified to do the job, and tell Rooney to jog on and focus on playing instead.

Agree about that other than the last sentence.....bit of tv punditry perhaps ?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Difficult for Bielik to get into the pace of the game - risk him diving in? Clarke looked much more confident with Fozzy, needs the extra experience atm.

Bielik would have been able to get us on the ball a bit better though whilst providing a more physical presence. The game was already looking it was slipping and I don't think we responded to it. 

To be honest like I've said before I'm not convinced that it wasn't just the case that Clarke looked more confident as we were playing against weaker opposition. 

27 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Well I actually disagree there. 

We could have changed around either personal or shape in midfield in order to retain the ball better. This is what i think we needed to do. Calm the game down and take a bit of control.

Perhaps brought on someone very physically strong and aggressive like Bielik to help combat it. Swapped Fozzy (who was going well but faded) For Buchanan to match McCleary's pace better.

Tactical naivety by Rosenior: He’s useless, all his fault!

Tactical naivety by Rooney: Players aren’t good enough, not his fault!

For McClaren to preform his role properly he needs to know what is happening in every part of the club which includes observing how the manager is operating. 

If he goes into the dressing room stands in the corner and says nothing and makes mental notes on what is happening then he is arming himself with the right knowledge. 

If he is to be advisor to the board currently and possibly in the coming months he needs this knowledge. I would expect him to be going into every department at the club to gain a full picture. 

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Bielik would have been able to get us on the ball a bit better though whilst providing a more physical presence. The game was already looking it was slipping and I don't think we responded to it. 

To be honest like I've said before I'm not convinced that it wasn't just the case that Clarke looked more confident as we were playing against weaker opposition. 

He could also have sat in front of the CB’s and mopped up the beasts knock downs and closed his options when he held the ball, as well as offering an outlet with his passing through the lines!

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Perhaps the only people who don’t or won’t see the obvious problem with our tech director or whatever it’s called entering the dressing room at half are those that want mac3 as manager

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

McClaren is the technical director, he’s effectively part of the board. In that role, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the coaching side of things. Him going into the dressing room at half time is an absolute farce. It’s just more unnecessary interference, rather than just letting one man take charge of the coaching of the team. Utter joke. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He shouldn’t need to be there if we put a proper manager in charge. Rooney as manager is an utter joke.

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

how do you know McClaren hasn't been tasked with appraising Rooney's credentials for the full time role by the incoming owners?  It seems you've got all twisted up by imagining what McClaren did in there! Maybe he sat in a corner, sipping PG tips and listening in. Not enough to get so stressed out about @Millenniumram, it's Sunday... chillllllllllllllllllll

As a side note, my opinion is that we are in such a shambles, we should be exhausting all options to avoid relegation. It that means SMc sticking his beak in, so be it. I'd rather him be on the coaching staff personally. If Rooney surrounds himself with people to cover his own frailties, excellent, that's something that ruined Nigel Clough... failing to surround himself with the right people.

Archived