Mac3 entered the dressing-room ...

Ellafella

...at half-time yesterday and social media has gone apoplectic about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Mac3 offering insights from the gantry. It doesn't undermine the "manager" and indeed I would expect it to happen. Yes, we did have a ludicrous "committee" manager before, but now Wazza is the sole figure on the touchline making all the decisions. 

We need to get 3 points V Coventry to prove the point. I didn't agree with all of Wazza's selections yesterday but it was a much better showing in many respects and I was mildly impressed with Wazza's words pre-match. That's not to damn by feint praise but clearly he has some leadership acumen and perhaps with Mac as mentor, he will develop into the role. 3 points on Tuesday night, an he'll be hard to shift from the role. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Mac3 offering insights from the gantry. It doesn't undermine the "manager" and indeed I would expect it to happen. Yes, we did have a ludicrous "committee" manager before, but now Wazza is the sole figure on the touchline making all the decisions. 

We need to get 3 points V Coventry to prove the point. I didn't agree with all of Wazza's selections yesterday but it was a much better showing in many respects and I was mildly impressed with Wazza's words pre-match. That's not to damn by feint praise but clearly he has some leadership acumen and perhaps with Mac as mentor, he will develop into the role. 3 points on Tuesday night, an he'll be hard to shift from the role. 

Perhaps the only people who don’t or won’t see the obvious problem with our tech director or whatever it’s called entering the dressing room at half are those that want mac3 as manager

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He went in and did a Risk Analysis presentation. The players were poor as result in the second half but if anyone in the Wycombe team had asked them a question regarding opportunity cost formulae they were very well drilled.

10 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Worrying that we were significantly worse in the 2nd half then. 

I’d put that more down to the ability of Ainsworth to change his system, style and personnel at HT and our inability to see what was happening and mitigate the problems that were obviously there

He's currently an adviser and will likely be our director of football very soon. I don't see what the issue people have with him observing things, making notes and talking to staff and players. It's his job to. 

I'll make it clear for those who don't seem to understand. Mel and the club trust Mac and his experience. He is consulting them about our present predicament. He'll be telling people like Mel and the new owners where the problems lie, what is going on, who needs to leave the club, what kind of people we need to recruit player and coach wise, etc. 

Because a new manager coming in will still suffer from the same coaches, players and also systemic issues. Many changes are going to be required. 

I have my own opinions on what they are and if this takeover is competed before Jan and includes a budget, that will also include getting rid of a few people. 

I'm watching the U23's and seeing 3 or so player's who haven't had a callup to the first team yet who have more heart, desire and determination than alot of this first team and will be looking to be part of the first team setup next season. 

The so called experienced players at this club are currently the worst aspect. Apart from a couple. 

I posted this in the Wycombe match thread:

Why is McClaren going into the dressing room at half time? The whole point of Rooney being in charge was to have one voice, less confusion. What the hell is McClaren’s role? We either use him for his strengths - excellent coach or he stays away from the nitty gritty of the running of the club. Fair enough he might be there to advise Rooney, but his role now seems to be adding further confusion. A technical director should not be in the changing room. We need to appoint McClaren as caretaker or get rid. Another farcical decision by Morris.

Sharing views from the gantry to the dugout is different to entering the dressing room. I just don’t see or understand what his role is. We’re a mess from top to bottom.  

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Further adds to the sense of a total lack of clarity about what he's meant to be doing in his role. 

Have to agree with this, I envisaged based on the trusted google, that his role is to be similar to a CEO, advising on all matters to the owners with the exception of team selection and tactics.

Pre match talk was all about Rooney getting the team selection wrong and he was a rookie manager not knowing what he was doing, after a strong first half display the changes were down to SM and bring Richards in, second half Rooney was critiqued for brining tired players off and causing us to drop points, despite us starting the second half on the back foot.

I'm not saying Rooney as manager is or isn't the answer but surely SM as technical director isn't if he is going to do this on a regular basis, just undermines the manager.

The way I see it, to me it looks like Rooney is going to be the manager full time. He is sort of doing a bit of Youth Training, with Mac3 as his mentor. 

I can't see any other manager wanting to cone in and be undermined by Rooney as a player and I can't see him walking away whilst taking less money to help Derby. 

In my opinion it looks like we're stuck with Wazza as gaffer and Mac showing him the ropes until he passes his NVQ or we get relegated 

Sorry folks?

Depends a bit on the understanding and dynamic between the coaches and Mac.

It could range from Mel dressing down Clament in front of everyone, to everyone sitting there going "McClaren tells Rooney then Rooney tells us, that's naff" to it being a routine understanding that Mac chips in a few bits each half time and full time but but soon as Rooney walks in they know he's the gaffa - truth is we don't know if it's good or bad, wanted or unwanted.

Didn't work yesterday............

1 minute ago, Nookiebear1 said:

The way I see it, to me it looks like Rooney is going to be the manager full time. He is sort of doing a bit of Youth Training, with Mac3 as his mentor. 

I can't see any other manager wanting to cone in and be undermined by Rooney as a player and I can't see him walking away whilst taking less money to help Derby. 

In my opinion it looks like we're stuck with Wazza as gaffer and Mac showing him the ropes until he passes his NVQ or we get relegated 

Sorry folks?

I suspect this is the case, lets just hope it works better than I currently fear.

4 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Sorry folks?

That’s a good an assessment of the situation I have seen!

McClaren is the technical director, he’s effectively part of the board. In that role, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the coaching side of things. Him going into the dressing room at half time is an absolute farce. It’s just more unnecessary interference, rather than just letting one man take charge of the coaching of the team. Utter joke. 

53 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yep agree with what you've said, but do you think now is the right time to mentor Rooney and let him develop into the role? We need results, and now!

Archived