Christmas Films

DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

FTFY.

No not having that .  I'll give you the later stuff 10 years in when he couldn't be arsed relied heavily on a Kinks influence and wasn't worth the bother.  Don't look back in anger owes a lot to Imagine.  Most sixties bands took direct portions of American blues, Eddie Cochran and The everly brothers as a base though .Still good song writing  against the musical backdrop. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Noel Gallagher wrote some of the best songs of the mid nineties, mostly the stuff that was on Oasis B sides.  Anyone who says otherwise is part of a secret collectors society that trades Kenny Burns farts on the black market.  Love Actually is rubbish though. 

You're right, the mid nineties were a terrible time for songwriting.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Half the World Away has some good words. And the drop out words of Cigarettes and Alcohol is pretty, especially when you are 16.

I'm with you mate. 100%. Oasis captured the moment in 1995 when I was 16 and i loved it. But I'm 41 now and whenever "Don't look back in anger" comes on the radio I can't believe how bad the lyrics are. Noel had one albums worth of good songs in him - and yet here we are, still listening to his crap. I heard Travis had brought some new stuff out, and The Doves... why???

4 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

I'm with you mate. 100%. Oasis captured the moment in 1995 when I was 16 and i loved it. But I'm 41 now and whenever "Don't look back in anger" comes on the radio I can't believe how bad the lyrics are. Noel had one albums worth of good songs in him - and yet here we are, still listening to his crap. I heard Travis had brought some new stuff out, and The Doves... why???

Different Class by Pulp is still 10/10 and still extremely relevant. Not aged a day. Unlike me. 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Different Class by Pulp is still 10/10 and still extremely relevant. Not aged a day. Unlike me. 

That is a great lp. Common people is probably the stand out record of that period.  Went to see Suede at the assembly rooms years back when they had a sort of arrival overnight and at the time was never that bothered with them.  Went because my mates did .  Heard there first LP recently and quite enjoyed it there music has also aged pretty well.

Blur sounds awful- that's because they were as dog poo then as know. No other reason

Scrooged is a top one for me.

Christmas Vacation an all time classic.

I do like Love Actually too.

We are due a really good christmas movie, its been a while since a great one was made.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Really? Quite possibly the most overstated comment of all time. 

I reckon at least 5 of tarantinos films are more overrated.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Watched it for the first and last time a couple of years ago. Awful. Jack Black should never be in a rom com again.

My wife likes it so i have to suffer it.

Im not offended by it but the acting is shocking in it.

It has Cameron Diaz so not all bad, but its full on cheese.

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Really? Quite possibly the most overstated comment of all time. 

Had heard a lot about it and watched it a few years ago. Just thought it was really crap, and my opinion hasn't changed despite hearing loads of people saying it's the best Christmas film ever.

I prefer the 2009 animated one with Jim Carrey (though you wouldn't know it was him).

Archived