Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

With a Sheikh as owner imagine how many more Kamil’s we will be able to buy.

Which reminds me of the joke:

I was over in Dubai when a sheikh came over and offered me 50 camels for my wife. I usually smoke Marlboro but who could resist an offer like that?

Surely you could have talked him up to 3 full packs 

We have to trust that Mel has done his due diligence. ? 

In looking more into this, it is clear this guy isn’t a senior UAE royal. It is unclear how wealthy he is, he might not even have as much cash as Mel. We are not getting Man City level investment, that is now clear. 

Hopefully they will continue the good work Mel has started to do as with the academy the future is well set up. If not and wrong decisions are made, we could repeat the mistakes of 15/16 put ourselves back in the the brown stuff, and I wouldn’t be convinced these owners would stand behind us which would put us in a world of trouble. 

This is starting to seem a bit Fawaz. Cue press conference next week where this guy is a confirmed billionaire and has big plans ?

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They are referring to Mel in that article...

"The Championship side would be purchased by Sheikh Khaled, who is worth around £500m"

"Current owner Mel Morris is selling to a man valued at close to £500million."

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

"The Championship side would be purchased by Sheikh Khaled, who is worth around £500m"

You don't expect there was a great deal of proof reading though do you ?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Fail article I was referring to only mentions Morris’s wealth at 500 million, doesn’t say how much the guy supposedly buying us is worth. I have just re read it, maybe there is more than one article ?

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In my head there are currently too many red flags to be approaching this with any enthusiasm. 

It’s exactly my thoughts, obviously if he has proof of funds and Mel signs it off then I will allow myself to dream a little bit. Otherwise, I’ll just treat it like any other newspaper article, even if it is Percy. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

How do we know if this guy is actually the rich one and not the Newcastle one?

The Al Nahyan (branch of the House of Al Falahi) are the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is listed there as a family member so he's definitely rich. 340600810_Screenshot_20201031-1255582.thumb.png.054fd887f0a0a3823f035e5c28ba52b0.png

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only thing I take seriously in the Mail newspaper nowadays is Fish and Chips.

And even that I take with a pinch of salt.

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We have to trust that Mel has done his due diligence. ? 

In looking more into this, it is clear this guy isn’t a senior UAE royal. It is unclear how wealthy he is, he might not even have as much cash as Mel. We are not getting Man City level investment, that is now clear. 

Hopefully they will continue the good work Mel has started to do as with the academy the future is well set up. If not and wrong decisions are made, we could repeat the mistakes of 15/16 put ourselves back in the the brown stuff, and I wouldn’t be convinced these owners would stand behind us which would put us in a world of trouble. 

This is starting to seem a bit Fawaz. Cue press conference next week where this guy is a confirmed billionaire and has big plans ?

Where are u getting your info from buddy 

im not contesting it, far from it 

I’m excited, nervous, scared shitless as to where this may take us so just trying to gather what info I can 

Iv just a horrible feeling 

Archived