Abu Derby County

tinman

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think there is anything to see here.

Unfortunately I think there is but not necessarily money. 

The DailyF have this picture, but say this "Sheikh Khaled, 62, is listed as a 'person with significant control' within a new company called Derventio Holdings (UK) Limited." I think he as a picture in his attic as well as other secrets?! ?

35058132-8898967-image-a-40_160409489890

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

We didn’t need the media to spin BZG’s story for them.  Their MD, Midhat Kidwai, was literally chatting with NUFC supporters on WhatsApp.  No, I’m not joking.  He was telling supporters that it was a ‘done deal’, whilst the club hadn’t even received a bid.  Whole thing was laughable.  Try getting in touch with him - he was always chatty - here’s his LinkedIn https://ae.linkedin.com/in/midhat-kidwai-1b264b5

BTW, I’ve seen Percy’s article in the Torygraph.  He’s calling the BZG chairman a ‘senior member of the AD royal family’.  Instantly tells me he’s been fed nonsense - the guy isn’t.  Literally a two second google search would show you he isn’t.  Football journalists are utterly embarrassing.  And don’t rely on anything in the Chronicle re NUFC - particularly Lee Ryder.  They’re useless. 

I read about that, I did wonder if he was trying to be courteous if he was just repeating things that had been said in public statements?

The Chronicle article I linked and quoted is quoting from a Daily Mail interview directly with Mike Ashley.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290525/MIKE-ASHLEY-EXCLUSIVE-think-club-forever-Martin-Samuel-Newcastle-owner.html

Who said a bid wasn't received and when? I've found this but it's by Lee Ryder from the Chronicle??

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Stayed here for a while with Mel?

yeah  guess as with any business you need a reason to get rid of someone,  which mel eventually found

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

None of those things occurred within the lifetime of the majority of the population of the UK, let alone those posting on here - not one. We rank alongside the likes of Sheffield United, Preston North End, Bolton, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

Short was the most expensive defender signed in the UK when we bought him.

The team we had in the mid - late nineties had a load of high quality and a couple of top internationals . 

I would imagine a large portion of the posters on here and population were alive in 1975 when we won the league - most of my family as a base point.

I'll give you the FA cup , Preston won a few when they were the first stop of the train from Scotland as did Bolton, although a clubs achievements are still their 1 or 100 years ago.  We are bigger than all those clubs for me historically. 

I mean no offence to our Newcastle Fan friend who has come here to be helpful. 

I find it hilarious and heart breaking that despite several reasoned and patient posts from people who have experience of other cultures and are informed about the country this individual is from, people continue to believe what they want, based on hearsay, rumour and ignorance. Then we have a single voice state their take on the Sheik and it is taken as gospel. Striking how people interrogate information (or not) to formulate an informed opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ll give him a call ..... see what the craic is .....

The craic? you mean hes irish? looks like Chinese whispers totally out of control on this rumour, so it's not even the wrong shiekh anymore its some fella called Seamus from cork.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But he isnt wrong.

I quickly realised yesterday that there were two men with very similar names, in fact the spelling is exactly the same bar 1 letter.

Added with the Newcastle fans calling them jokers.

I don't think there is anything to see here.

Took me about 5 minutes to realise there were two people with similar names, one being extremely rich, the other more a business man. Pretty sure people selling a football club for millions aren’t that stupid.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Damn this crafty chancer, conning the Malta Blockchain Summit of 2018 that he is royalty ?

Whilst I’m fooling around, there is a LOT of information out there about him and his royal connections, I don’t believe it is completely fabricated.

That’s not him. He’s Khaled, not Khalid. 

With a Sheikh as owner imagine how many more Kamil’s we will be able to buy.

Which reminds me of the joke:

I was over in Dubai when a sheikh came over and offered me 50 camels for my wife. I usually smoke Marlboro but who could resist an offer like that?

Archived