Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The USA, for all its faults, still defends freedom of speech. UAE not so much. Plenty of torture stories to turn the stomach. If a human being has inalienable rights, I personally feel that the UAE fails to honour them. And that leaves me uncomfortable with a member of the aristocracy in charge of the country running the club. 

Some of the things the CIA get up to on foreign soil would make the leaders of UAE look reasonable!

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

My stance is that I trust Mel Morris. He has repeated time and time again that he is willing to give up control (in one form or another), to the right investor. Whilst further research into our new potential owners finds more questions than answers, I don’t think Mel Morris would sell to a “chancer”. Whether or not he has amassed billions in fortune is completely unknown, but you’d have to learn towards not currently...

I wouldn't lean towards anything until we know more....literally everything on this thread since it was announced is almost pure speculation or the results of fevered imaginations going haywire.

We will surely know more in the coming days or weeks and we can all make judgements based on some real facts and information.

30 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Barnsley, owners Chien Lee consortium estimated worth  £7 billion

Stoke, Coates family £6.7 billion

Sheffield Wednesday, Dejphon Chasiri £5.2 billion

Coventry, Joy Seppala £2.3 billion

Blackburn, VH Group, £ 1.5 billion

Preston, Trevor Hemings £1.025 billion

Im sure every championship club forum has had the same kind of thread over the past 18 months, even Forest!

...............personally I’d rather stick with £550 million pauper Mel Morris..?

Unfortunately don't think Mels got the same enthusiasm

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi.  It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles.  He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods).  The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man.  He works out of a pokey office in Dubai.  He’s not a rich scion of the royal family.  The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family.  The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

So if he’s not part of the ruling elite making the laws......does that mean his potential ownership is more palatable?

Apologies to @Newcastle Fanfor chopping up your post 

5 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Interesting.

I don't know what to make of all of this, however on the Newcastle thing, there is a lot of conflicting information out there, it seems the media were split in two, one side being fed by Mike Ashley, the other by BZG?

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/07/sky-sports-insist-newcastle-united-takeover-is-nowhere-close-but-bzg-say-ready-to-go-who-to-believe/

I don't think it was the first time a takeover of them collapsed after being played out in public? It's certainly seemed that there have been talks for years of a takeover there, and none of them have happened.

All of the reports about us state that it is with the EFL for acceptance, so it seems there has been a lot going on in the background here, potentially for a while, without any leaks, so maybe they learnt from that situation being so public?

I've also seen the comment attributed to Mike Ashley

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-breaks-silence-newcastle-16654469

I'm not sure why having multiple billions means you would want to ignore the value of something and chuck more money at it than you need to?

Does that statement also indicate he tried to up the price? If so, when? Before any agreement or after? If yes and if after I wouldn't be surprised if they were unhappy about it.

We didn’t need the media to spin BZG’s story for them.  Their MD, Midhat Kidwai, was literally chatting with NUFC supporters on WhatsApp.  No, I’m not joking.  He was telling supporters that it was a ‘done deal’, whilst the club hadn’t even received a bid.  Whole thing was laughable.  Try getting in touch with him - he was always chatty - here’s his LinkedIn https://ae.linkedin.com/in/midhat-kidwai-1b264b5

BTW, I’ve seen Percy’s article in the Torygraph.  He’s calling the BZG chairman a ‘senior member of the AD royal family’.  Instantly tells me he’s been fed nonsense - the guy isn’t.  Literally a two second google search would show you he isn’t.  Football journalists are utterly embarrassing.  And don’t rely on anything in the Chronicle re NUFC - particularly Lee Ryder.  They’re useless. 

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

We didn’t need the media to spin BZG’s story for them.  Their MD, Midhat Kidwai, was literally chatting with NUFC supporters on WhatsApp.  No, I’m not joking.  He was telling supporters that it was a ‘done deal’, whilst the club hadn’t even received a bid.  Whole thing was laughable.  Try getting in touch with him - he was always chatty - here’s his LinkedIn https://ae.linkedin.com/in/midhat-kidwai-1b264b5

BTW, I’ve seen Percy’s article in the Torygraph.  He’s calling the BZG chairman a ‘senior member of the AD royal family’.  Instantly tells me he’s been fed nonsense - the guy isn’t.  Literally a two second google search would show you he isn’t.  Football journalists are utterly embarrassing.  And don’t rely on anything in the Chronicle re NUFC - particularly Lee Ryder.  They’re useless. 

Ok mate,cheers

You can leave this with us now ?

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I read in the Sun he’s valued at £118bn, but in the Mail he’s valued at £500m ? quite the contrast, which is it? 
Have they got confused with Mel Morris? 

I think the issue is there are two Sheikhs with very similar names, one is worth absolute billions the other less so, I think the Sun ran with a story without thinking.

It's too far fetched to think someone worth 150 billion is about to buy us.

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

One thing I’ll say - Percy isn’t fed nonsense. He is completely informed on everything Derby County. All his information comes from the board.

If you think the Derby BoD and Mel Morris are being fed nonsense, then that is a different story.. We will have to wait and see ?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ok mate,cheers

You can leave this with us now ?

Haha no probs, no further comments your honour.

All the best lads & lasses - I do hope for your club’s future I’ve got the bloke completely wrong.  Much rather see DCFC up there than half the poo in the PL. 

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Haha no probs, no further comments your honour.

All the best lads & lasses - I do hope for your club’s future I’ve got the bloke completely wrong.  Much rather see DCFC up there than half the poo in the PL. 

Seriously mate,thanks for your input,at least we are seeing stuff from someone who has experienced a similar scenario,however this one plays out for us ?

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the issue is there are two Sheikhs with very similar names, one is worth absolute billions the other less so, I think the Sun ran with a story without thinking.

It's too far fetched to think someone worth 150 billion is about to buy us.

I hope its not a case of mishiekhen identity. 

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Another Dell mass hysteria ending ultimately in disappointment thread then, according to our friend in the NE though but.

But he isnt wrong.

I quickly realised yesterday that there were two men with very similar names, in fact the spelling is exactly the same bar 1 letter.

Added with the Newcastle fans calling them jokers.

I don't think there is anything to see here.

Archived