Abu Derby County

tinman

19 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Hi all.  You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from.  I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously.  Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC.  If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot.  They’re potless.  They’re after the publicity.  The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi.  It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles.  He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods).  The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man.  He works out of a pokey office in Dubai.  He’s not a rich scion of the royal family.  The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family.  The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

When they ‘bid’ for Newcastle in 2019, we had Liverpool supporters telling us they were tyre-kickers.  They were right.  They had contacted Mike Ashley, who told them the price - they then put out that they had ‘agreed’ the purchase of the club.  For about six weeks the papers waited for them to show proof of funds (a knacker called Midhat was the PR man - watch out for his ********).  The proof of funds never materialised - because they’re potless.  

Hopefully no-one here is confused with the current takeover lot at Newcastle - that is actually the Saudi state (legal stuff is happening re that at present).  It certainly isn’t that lot.

Just a heads-up that it is a waste of time to even think about this chancer buying the club - he hasn’t the cash.  Unfortunately, they took in a lot of our support with their ******** - helped by the uselessness of the football press.  Please don’t waste your time thinking about what will happen under them - this is as far as it will ever get.

With that, all the best for the coming season.  I hope it will be understood that this post was not meant with any animosity - I’ve no negative feelings re Derby (after all, they play in the correct colours and have a dislike of Forest - both sensible & good things). Derby is a grand old club, and it irritates me seeing this bunch of chancers being linked with another historic English club.  

edit: I’ve just seen that they gave Ashley a £30m deposit.  No they didn’t - that was the Saudis.  The Bin Zayed Group didn’t even get past the ‘proof of funds’ stage.  Don’t mix up the Saudi PIF and this lot. 

Cheers for the insight. Might not be what a few on here want to hear but it is well worth factoring this in before everyone gets overly excited. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jourdan said:

So this will all amount to nothing?

OK, back to the Cocu Out threads I go.

Has no one realised Newcastle are just crap and no one really wants anything to do with them except fat Lonsdale trainer entrepreneur, Mike Ashley.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have you ever considered applying for a role in the fit and proper persons testing department at the EFL? Sounds as though your extensive research could be very useful to them.

To be fair, it’s probably more than the levels they’d go into, given that Wigan owner was allowed to take charge! But for what’s it’s worth, I’d check the post from the Newcastle fan, which details exactly why we should be very sceptical about this.

Just now, Diego said:

Trust random Geordie or Mel Morris...Meme Think GIF

Ok thats pretty funny and im as daft as they come but im gonna get serious again. Has Mel spoken yet? If he does I'll take it very seriously but I think our random Geordie has offered helpful information. Only problem for me is that Percy has validated the story.  Has Percy been sucked in by the deliberate confusion? Possible but you would think he has good links to Mel. Now I'm getting worried....

52 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I never said Mel was, but surely if Mel thought this man was actively supportive and involved in any wrongdoing of that nature, he would back away from the deal because it would reflect badly on Mel too?

So we’re giving Sheikh Khaled a hard time purely because of his name, and because of the country and family he is a part of? Without knowing any precise or intimate details of his individual background, his personal views, or motives?

Mel isn't. This sheikh is. 

52 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Do we actually know how much power, influence or involvement he has within the royal family and the ruling class of the UAE?

No, I don't. It's more than none. 

3 minutes ago, Diego said:

Has no one realised Newcastle are just crap and no one really wants anything to do with them except fat Lonsdale trainer entrepreneur, Mike Ashley.

The Saudi state literally just tried to buy us in the summer - the PL still haven’t blocked the deal (it’s now with Ashley’s solicitors).  The Saudi PIF controls assets in the region of £300bn.  Again, this is of public record

5 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The Saudi state literally just tried to buy us in the summer - the PL still haven’t blocked the deal (it’s now with Ashley’s solicitors).  The Saudi PIF controls assets in the region of £300bn.  Again, this is of public record

you seem to be a knowledgeable person,  yet you have not answered the most important question on everyone's lips relating to the Newcastle area...can you settle it for once..

which one is ant and which one is dec?

27 minutes ago, David said:

Finally, I would love it, Kevin Keegan style LOVE IT, if we could smash Bournemouth today as a thank you if this takeover is to go through early next week. Hard to see it though with Jozwiak out, what a find he was by the recruitment team. ?

Loved this post right up until this last bit which, before the Geordie posted would have been a good rallying call but now has a different feel.  I too trust that Mel would do his research.  He has my total gratitude, always the best intentions. I miss hearing him speak as he generates such excitement but after all the disappointment it seems wiser to reign it in.  I'd love him to stay.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Isn't our guy in the uae not Saudi arabia?

Yes. This is in reference to a different post. 

In his first post Newcastle made it clear who the guy potentially taking our club is and that there is a distinct possibility that he is a total chancer. 

He might not be, but it's a definite possibility. 

27 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Won't settle for anything less than a shadowy offshore investment trust based in Panama ?

I did read it & some interesting context. Like I have said elsewhere though, the experiences of nominal 'Westerners' are likely to be somewhat different to those of the local indigenous population.

? But that could be said of many countries 'local' indigenous (aka poor) populations. Still, it's their country. What's your take on a Yankee takeover, Trump might be looking for a new toy?! ?

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Isn't our guy in the uae not Saudi arabia?

Yes - and I realise that this could cause confusion.  To clarify:

In 2019, the Bin Zayed Group (BZG) ‘tried’ to buy Newcastle.  They went to the press saying they’d ‘agreed’ the sale of the club - they hadn’t; Ashley had simply stated the price.  They couldn’t offer proof of funds.  It didn’t get to the PL sign-off stage.

In 2020, the Saudi state (PIF) bid for NUFC, putting down a sizeable deposit - the problem was the PL would not sign the deal off (and still won’t), mainly due to Saudi Arabia’s piracy of PL TV broadcasts.  This is still rumbling on in the background; it is currently being looked after by QC Nick De Marco.  The PIF could still buy NUFC.

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

you seem to be a knowledgeable person,  yet you have not answered the most important question on everyone's lips relating to the Newcastle area...can you settle it for once..

which one is ant and which one is dec?

Ant always stands on the left.  Otherwise it this would be a conundrum trickier than the riddle of the Sphinx

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Yes - and I realise that this could cause confusion.  To clarify:

In 2019, the Bin Zayed Group (BZG) ‘tried’ to buy Newcastle.  They went to the press saying they’d ‘agreed’ the sale of the club - they hadn’t; Ashley had simply stated the price.  They couldn’t offer proof of funds.  It didn’t get to the PL sign-off stage.

In 2020, the Saudi state (PIF) bid for NUFC, putting down a sizeable deposit - the problem was the PL would not sign the deal off (and still won’t), mainly due to Saudi Arabia’s piracy of PL TV broadcasts.  This is still rumbling on in the background; it is currently being looked after by QC Nick De Marco.  The PIF could still buy NUFC.

Ah, we are big fans of QC Nick De Marco here after he absolutely rinsed the EFL on our behalf. 

Archived