Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Initially yes, but I thought they stopped going direct once we stopped the press. At which point we should have started pressing again. And so on, there’s got to be that balance imo. Got to be intelligent enough to know when to press and when not to - we don’t seem to be capable of making that judgement.

I agree that we forced them into a change of style by our good play in the first 20 minutes, which makes it even more frustrating we didn’t keep the standards up! To go from the best we’ve played all season to arguably some of the worst, just like that, is concerning imo.

Yep pretty much my thoughts ,, a lot of the problem then is players adjusting to what’s developing in game , though I also think the subs personal wise could have Been better and earlier so for me it’s not ALL on cocu

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the subs what is Sibley going to offer in 3mins on the pitch. Needs to be made earlier. 

We looked good first half then decided to spend the second 45 defending a 1-0 lead. Just carry on playing the same way rather than sitting back. 

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Regarding the subs what is Sibley going to offer in 3mins on the pitch. Needs to be made earlier. 

We looked good first half then decided to spend the second 45 defending a 1-0 lead. Just carry on playing the same way rather than sitting back. 

Would of worked had Buchanan not left his man for the Bournemouth goal 

Just now, Curtains said:

Would of worked had Buchanan not left his man for the Bournemouth goal 

I think its very harsh to blame the goal on Buchanan. 

We got pulled across the pitch by our hesitant play. 

Buchanan regularly heads balls away from the middle of the box and we think he's great. 

It was a good finish and a good goal. 

We should blame the defeat on our inability to maintain possession up front through poor decision making. 

We were always going to concede faced with constant pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Buchanan regularly heads balls away from the middle of the box and we think he's great. 

We should blame the defeat on our inability to maintain possession up front through poor decision making. 

Not harsh at all he gets sucked into the middle all the time. 

Their man had a free header. 

PS Bournemouth haven’t lost yet this season 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree, I think the ball ending up with the scorer from the cross was a bit fortunate. But often the case on here with opposition goals, someone has to take the blame ?

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Because Buchanan was to blame. 

But is he put in that position through the system and tactics that were employed?....surely these things can't be viewed in isolation?

Or in every game that we have conceded a goal in the past 14 or so been down to the actions of one individual player and not also from failings in the management of the game itself?

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

But is he put in that position through the system and tactics that were employed?....surely these things can't be viewed in isolation?

Or in every game that we have conceded a goal in the past 14 or so been down to the actions of one individual player and not also from failings in the management of the game itself?

It’s not rocket science. .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not rocket science. .

Again,I think that's the point.....and the source of much frustration including your own yesterday.

We could all see what was going to happen and that changes were needed but the management team ignored the obvious and essentially allowed it to happen...poor old Buchanan was just the last link in that chain of failings that led to the goal.

I think you know that too if you were being honest.

Why no one likes the sitting deep tactics, they created very little and couldn't break us down. The only real chance was when Waghorn and another player left it for each other. The goal was a mistake from Buchanan and they shouldn't have scored from that position.

Main issue for me is Waghorn, Rooney and Lawrence ran out of steam and had to retreat to behind the halfway line in the 2nd half when they had the ball. Their pressing was brilliant for 20 mins, but seemed to kill them. Rooney not fit enough to play like that and other 2 returning from injury. Shame Jozwiak was not there.

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes he was .

He gets sucked into the middle leaving his man 

Whilst still being young but overall that’s what happens with youngsters but I genuinely like the look of him and I think he is going to be a very good player 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst still being young but overall that’s what happens with youngsters but I genuinely like the look of him and I think he is going to be a very good player 

I like the look of him he’s done very well but essentially he’s a CB still learning. 

Much prefer him to Max Lowe. 

Archived