Can we score more than the opponents?

KBRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a change in attitude, by which I mean players taking more responsibility in attack.

Too many players are happy to play the simple pass. Few take a risk by running with the ball or attempting a slick first time pass.

Maybe we’ve booed them into submission.

23 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

We need the old Victorian era formation a good 2-3-5 formation with Bloomer up top with his chums. 

Get in there....

81C36507-5E0C-4F4F-B27D-AD5397206E70.thumb.jpeg.f14d52e08b8f4e711c596ed501ee4da4.jpeg

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we fell in to a barrel full of boobs we'd come out sucking our thumbs at the minute.

Talking of digits...

I'm a well renowned virtuoso guitarist who people have paid to come and see in the past, but in a freak accident I break my wrist, worse than that though I have 2 of the fingers on my fretting hand removed! This is the distant future though, I can have new, fully functioning fingers but it costs a fair bit of money & there's a waiting list.

I 'make do' in the meantime trying to stretch my little stumps as far as they will go (hmm this sounds vaguely familiar) but in doing so I overstretch and do further damage to my wrist. Still, I'm forced to continue, I've got gigs booked and an audience!

I get on stage for my first few gigs after injury, start playing, but despite my best efforts the sound coming out of my guitar is horrible, like, people want to slice their ears off bad, they can't stand listening to it. At one particularly poor gig half the audience walk out.

I have a little rethink, and decide that for the next few gigs I'll just have to try playing something far more simple.

From my end things seem to be going quite well, at least not every song is awful,  but a third of the audience have turned up out of curiosity because they've heard how bad the previous gigs were, the 2nd third have come along aware of my accident, but seemingly oblivious, or uncaring, as exactly how it would affect my performance - 20 minutes into the gig they start saying it's awful, boring and unadventurous, they start to boo, demand I get off the stage, even some of those who were willing to support me before the 6th song  -  the final 3rd are the hardcore fans who'll love me no matter what noise comes out of the guitar, they know I'm doing my best while I wait for my new fingers to be attached and my wrist to fully heal.

It all kicks off in the crowd, a mass brawl breaks out, punches are thrown, kicks are swung, glasses are smashed on the bar and shoved into people's faces, but worst of all one member of the crowd calls the other one a negative tosspot, everyone stops what they're doing, gasps, and for a few seconds the sound of mass violence is replaced by a loud tutting sound.

All the while I'm still stood on the stage, trying to make a sound that the audience would enjoy, but struggling massively because despite it all,  I've only got stumps where my fingers used to be, and I'm trying to play a god damn guitar!

Yes, I do think I may finally have lost my mind.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Talking of digits...

I'm a well renowned virtuoso guitarist who people have paid to come and see in the past, but in a freak accident I break my wrist, worse than that though I have 2 of the fingers on my fretting hand removed! This is the distant future though, I can have new, fully functioning fingers but it costs a fair bit of money & there's a waiting list.

I 'make do' in the meantime trying to stretch my little stumps as far as they will go (hmm this sounds vaguely familiar) but in doing so I overstretch and do further damage to my wrist. Still, I'm forced to continue, I've got gigs booked and an audience!

I get on stage for my first few gigs after injury, start playing, but despite my best efforts the sound coming out of my guitar is horrible, like, people want to slice their ears off bad, they can't stand listening to it. At one particularly poor gig half the audience walk out.

I have a little rethink, and decide that for the next few gigs I'll just have to try playing something far more simple.

From my end things seem to be going quite well, at least not every song is awful,  but a third of the audience have turned up out of curiosity because they've heard how bad the previous gigs were, the 2nd third have come along aware of my accident, but seemingly oblivious, or uncaring, as exactly how it would affect my performance - 20 minutes into the gig they start saying it's awful, boring and unadventurous, they start to boo, demand I get off the stage, even some of those who were willing to support me before the 6th song  -  the final 3rd are the hardcore fans who'll love me no matter what noise comes out of the guitar, they know I'm doing my best while I wait for my new fingers to be attached and my wrist to fully heal.

It all kicks off in the crowd, a mass brawl breaks out, punches are thrown, kicks are swung, glasses are smashed on the bar and shoved into people's faces, but worst of all one member of the crowd calls the other one a negative tosspot, everyone stops what they're doing, gasps, and for a few seconds the sound of mass violence is replaced by a loud tutting sound.

All the while I'm still stood on the stage, trying to make a sound that the audience would enjoy, but struggling massively because despite it all,  I've only got stumps where my fingers used to be, and I'm trying to play a god damn guitar!

Yes, I do think I may finally have lost my mind.

Sounds like we need a new guitarist or everyone is going to leave the gig and leave us bankrupt.

Plus we now have lots of customers fighting with each other!

Archived