These are the times need stick togather

B4ev6is

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Cleverly is looking at the ball, Evans wasn't.

Both pens mind these days.

Cleverly was looking at the ball and was a far enough away when it was kicked to adjust...Evans had it blasted at him from point range.....

The goal was absolutely world class, absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it.

The whole match was one of the most boring games I’ve seen, both sides absolutely cancelled each other out and if we weren’t forced to play Rooney it would have been 1-1 (I think my Nan could have scored that chance).

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Neither was a penalty. Evans is so close that he can’t help where it hits him. It’s only in the modern stupid tv replay world where that’s even debated as a penalty. 

It was a stone wall penalty. Evans is choosing to go out and block the shot in the way he is, which is intentional. He could choose to block that shot by putting his arms behind his back.

With Cleverly the ball hit the top of his arm/shoulder. Absolutely not a penalty. Had the ball hit his arm at the back which he had extended out then that would been the same as a Evans and id be saying penalty.

The issue is, defenders have been blocking shots like this for years and years and penalties have not been given for it. Now the rules (even the slightly updated version), it’s a penalty.

Mu cousin is a ref, decent level, messaged me straight away saying stone wall.

He also said “This is a hard watch” referring to Derby overall lol. He isn’t a Derby fan.

3 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Cleverly was looking at the ball and was a far enough away when it was kicked to adjust...Evans had it blasted at him from point range.....

He chose to put himself in that position. Absolutely a penalty. You can’t go flinging yourself out GK style, extending your arms from your body, and then use the excuse “it was blasted at me”.

Look the lads are going through a rough patch at the moment but performance was not that bad I am sure wins are just around the corner one thing is clear teams can not handle midfielders movements when running at them at pace and that going even quicker that were teams will come unstuck.

16 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look the lads are going through a rough patch at the moment but performance was not that bad I am sure wins are just around the corner one thing is clear teams can not handle midfielders movements when running at them at pace and that going even quicker that were teams will come unstuck.

Absolutely B4 , love your optimism and never wavering support mate , keep banging that drum , good times are just round the corner im sure

Archived