Billy Davies Sweepstake - Sacked 12th June

GboroRam

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maclaren signs 2 yr deal with the trees

If that's true I'm personally gutted.. Billy Davies is a horrible manager, he and Forest deserve eachother and he made Forest a hated club to neutrals.. They were also the perfect definition of 'bottle job' it was brilliant..

If they get Steve McLaren they could be serious promotion contenders.. His record is brilliant, no matter what people say, to get a club like Boro to top half finishes, plus a League Cup win plus a Uefa Cup final.. Boro went backwards the moment he left, sort of like us the moment he left us to be Utds assistant.

His record is brilliant. Imagine if Nigel did that with us.. McLarens record is overshadowed with his poor performance as national manager, though our national team has hardly improved since he left.. He then won The Dutch title with Twente, breaking up the usual dominance of Ajax and PSV.. This is also a great achievement.. At Wolfsburg he was sacked within his first season, midway through, who knows what he could have achieved with more time.. It's not like they were relegation material (He was sacked with them in 11th).

But all this is built on goals, he's an attacking manager.. Every club he's been at has scored a shed load of goals.. In the Championship a solid defence that concedes less than 55-60 plus freescoring strikers will garauntee a top 6 spot and probably a top 2 spot.. McLaren, Holloway and Mowbray are probably the best attack minded managers in the division, I wouldn't rule out a top 3 of Boro, Blackpool and Forest.

If that's true I'm personally gutted.. Billy Davies is a horrible manager, he and Forest deserve eachother and he made Forest a hated club to neutrals.. They were also the perfect definition of 'bottle job' it was brilliant..

If they get Steve McLaren they could be serious promotion contenders.. His record is brilliant, no matter what people say, to get a club like Boro to top half finishes, plus a League Cup win plus a Uefa Cup final.. Boro went backwards the moment he left, sort of like us the moment he left us to be Utds assistant.

His record is brilliant. Imagine if Nigel did that with us.. McLarens record is overshadowed with his poor performance as national manager, though our national team has hardly improved since he left.. He then won The Dutch title with Twente, breaking up the usual dominance of Ajax and PSV.. This is also a great achievement.. At Wolfsburg he was sacked within his first season, midway through, who knows what he could have achieved with more time.. It's not like they were relegation material (He was sacked with them in 11th).

But all this is built on goals, he's an attacking manager.. Every club he's been at has scored a shed load of goals.. In the Championship a solid defence that concedes less than 55-60 plus freescoring strikers will garauntee a top 6 spot and probably a top 2 spot.. McLaren, Holloway and Mowbray are probably the best attack minded managers in the division, I wouldn't rule out a top 3 of Boro, Blackpool and Forest.

could not agree more

Sadly, I agree.

He then won The Dutch title with Twente, breaking up the usual dominance of Ajax and PSV.. This is also a great achievement..

Sorry but this is hardly true, Alkmaar won the title the year before with Twente finishing in second, the breaking up of the Ajax/PSV dominance started there. Winning the title was a good achievement but not great.

Sorry but this is hardly true, Alkmaar won the title the year before with Twente finishing in second, the breaking up of the Ajax/PSV dominance started there. Winning the title was a good achievement but not great.

Edin winning a title with any club is a great achievement, especially if it's for an unfancied club.. Maybe they had finished above PSV and Ajax the year before, but they still managed to finish above them again plus the champions of the year before which is a great achievement..

It's the same when Mourinho won his first title with Chelsea.. Didn't they finish second the year before behind Arsenal (with Utd in 3rd).. They still had to overcome top spot plus the other main contenders.. Mourinhos achievement with Chelsea was great (backed with money).. McLarens achievement with Twente was also great (though I'm not sure if he spent well).

Archived