Billy Davies Sweepstake - Sacked 12th June

GboroRam

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOTTINGHAM Forest will not sack Billy Davies – but the manager will be out of a job if he does not deliver promotion next season.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Forest-boss-Davies-final-chance-win-promotion/story-12729619-detail/story.html

Billy must be gutted, missed out the big pay-off he was wanting and will have yet another failure to drag his reputation even further down. Can see him ending back at Preston soon, talking about it being his "first love". He may even call it a "big club".

Billy must be gutted, missed out the big pay-off he was wanting and will have yet another failure to drag his reputation even further down. Can see him ending back at Preston soon, talking about it being his "first love". He may even call it a "big club".

^^ No, the ultimate 'tail between his legs' move will be when he goes back up to the SPL.

If it's the same as when we send old strikers there to finish their careers then he'll probably win the treble up there.

Its a win win situation, Billy will want promotion desparately, or the alternative PNE or even back to Derby?

So custers last stand, do or die, hero or zero!

Whatever happens, I honestly think this will be his last season!, maybe Young Nige would like a proper job!

Its a win win situation, Billy will want promotion desparately, or the alternative PNE or even back to Derby?

Whatever happens, I honestly think this will be his last season!, maybe Young Nige would like a proper job!

Or he could take the attitude that they havent supported me why should I do a proper job.............he has done it before. It will depend on how your board support him with his summer transfer activity.

Do I think Nige would want a job like at Forest?

Well the reason he kicked Billy, envious, and the fact that most Ram fans have been calling for his head, angry, during his uphill battle to replace the worst team in history squad and battle against relegation! frustrated!

In a word

MOSTFLOCKINGDEFINATELY

Do I think Nige would want a job like at Forest?

Well the reason he kicked Billy, envious, and the fact that most Ram fans have been calling for his head, angry, during his uphill battle to replace the worst team in history squad and battle against relegation! frustrated!

In a word

MOSTFLOCKINGDEFINATELY

not a chance elvis....born in Derby....:) lives in Derby.......:)works for Derby.......:)SUPPORTS DERBY;)

And go through the same cost cutting phase he has just endured at Derby, sorting out the mess left behind by Billy.

Every club Billy has left has had financial worries afterwards, I'd be worried if I were you.

Do you think Nige will want to manage a big club like Forest?

I think it would take time for Nigel to adjust to the step up & the expectations of the fans if he came back to Forest. Promotion hunting is different to battleing relegation. ( Not having a pop at Derby just looking at the stats )

Burton were non league & Derby have undergone change & have not been challenging for a top 6 slot for the last few years. So as you can see from the pressure on Billy Davies this season an avarage of 52 points would not keep Nigel in a job at the City ground. Can Nigel get a team to the prem ? The Derby board look like they are going back Nigel so we will find out.

Derby's 4 year average points is just 42 points per season ( with prem season hence low total )

Derby's 3 year average points is just 53 points per season ( Championship only )

Derby's 2 year average points is just 52 points per season ( Championship only )

Derby's 1 year average points is just 49 points per season ( Championship only )

Forest's 4 year average points is a healthy 72 points per season

Forest's 3 year average points is a healthy 69 points per season

Forest's 2 year average points is a healthy 77 points per season

Forest's 1 year average points is a healthy 75 points per season

At this point in time you would have to agree that Nigel is going backwards & getting less points each season.

So I can't see Forest offering him the job.

Nigel to prove himself this season ?

Billy davies to get his act sorted out & get Forest's points avarage into the 80's ?

All to play for

Just been doing a bit of research into wee Billy Bullsh*t and his previous work.

We all know the general and financial mess he left both Derby and PNE in (look at them now the poor barstewards) so I wondered how he did at Motherwell so I have lifted this quote to give us an idea of what lies in store for our inbred friends.......

At this point, in 1997, John Boyle bought the club and installed Billy Davies as manager. Davies paid large transfer fees and wages to a number of prominent players including ex-Scotland internationals John Spencer and Andy Goram. The investment though failed to provide results on the pitch, and by the end of Davies' tenure The club were in financial trouble.

Sounds like there is a pattern to his management :p

Just been doing a bit of research into wee Billy Bullsh*t and his previous work.

We all know the general and financial mess he left both Derby and PNE in (look at them now the poor barstewards) so I wondered how he did at Motherwell so I have lifted this quote to give us an idea of what lies in store for our inbred friends.......

At this point, in 1997, John Boyle bought the club and installed Billy Davies as manager. Davies paid large transfer fees and wages to a number of prominent players including ex-Scotland internationals John Spencer and Andy Goram. The investment though failed to provide results on the pitch, and by the end of Davies' tenure The club were in financial trouble.

Sounds like there is a pattern to his management :p

Good job billy isnt the main man who has the final say with regards to transfers then isnt it :p

I think it would take time for Nigel to adjust to the step up & the expectations of the fans if he came back to Forest. Promotion hunting is different to battleing relegation. ( Not having a pop at Derby just looking at the stats )

Burton were non league & Derby have undergone change & have not been challenging for a top 6 slot for the last few years. So as you can see from the pressure on Billy Davies this season an avarage of 52 points would not keep Nigel in a job at the City ground. Can Nigel get a team to the prem ? The Derby board look like they are going back Nigel so we will find out.

Derby's 4 year average points is just 42 points per season ( with prem season hence low total )

Derby's 3 year average points is just 53 points per season ( Championship only )

Derby's 2 year average points is just 52 points per season ( Championship only )

Derby's 1 year average points is just 49 points per season ( Championship only )

At this point in time you would have to agree that Nigel is going backwards & getting less points each season.

Billy davies to get his act sorted out & get Forest's points avarage into the 80's ?

All to play for

And we still average 430,354 more fans than you at home.

All to play for

Factor in the halving of the wage bill and Cloughie looks like he's done an excellent job. Probably why, despite genuine concerns from some of us, that he deserves the chance to see the job through.

For Billy personally, he will absolutely hate the fact that the first promotion of his managerial career ended in tears (though it was his fault). He's going to be determined to put that right by gaining promotion with the team who are their biggest rivals and have the loosest purse strings. He won't leave Forest until he's sacked.

But, it's still fun to watch him choke the play-offs time and time again. :D

Archived