v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

Reading, a passing side, scored from a direct ball that we weren't prepared to defend against. We thought they'd pass it around and let us press them for fun. 

And we adamantly refuse to give them a reason not to press. 

It's a boring cycle of every game under Cocu only broken by Rooney's ability to beat a press. 

Why wouldn't you press Derby? Wtf are Derby going to do about it? Nothing. Just pass to the other full back. 

You can buy Neymar and Mbappe and they would still look up and see an entire team to beat. 

I hate hoofball but there's a reason teams go to hoofball tactics. This is like when Spain played 10 midfielders and wondered why they got battered. There's a point to this game and sometimes you have to remind an opponent that you are going for it. And the point isn't how long you can go without troubling the goal.

I refuse to believe you need to buy a winger to stretch a game. You don't have to have a number 7 on your shirt to chase a diagonal ball. 

Oh, Reading also scored the first from a set piece won by an inaccurate cross. 

1 hoof, a light press, a crap cross and a corner has resulted in 2 goals and a great chance. From a possession side. 

Barrow had 2 best chances of the last game, how? 

The way we play is just as rigid as a Pulis team. We're not crap just predictable 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

seriously how does a player get booked for a paperwork issue,  farcical 

Bookable offense to come onto the pitch without permission perhaps? 

The ref and Byrne were smiling about it.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Bookable offense to come onto the pitch without permission perhaps? 

The ref and Byrne were smiling about it.

maybe I guess yeah

Just now, Silko said:

Have we really just bought a defender on

We've brought a very attacking full-back on for the defensive full-back who was partially to blame for both goals. Seems reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Personally think Whittaker has been the only one who has tried to be positive and he looks a lot more confident and stronger than he did in most appearances last season.  Sibley and knight have barely been given the ball and Marriott has had to feed off Scraps.

I would say shinnie is the biggest weak point, he passes every ball backwards and sideways, panics anytime a player is within 5 yards of him. Once the ball goes into him it’s back with the cbs within 3 seconds.

We need more purpose and to take more risks. Even if we get new players for the final third... they aren’t going to make any difference if we don’t supply them.

Soao and a midfielder like ejara in our team and we probably would look completely different.

Joking aside though shinnie isn’t alone 

They all have through lack of options off the ball 

Really is a quite worrying performance even without said absentees 

I feel a bit sorry for Cocu, if he suddenly throws caution to the wind (although i wish we were more attacking), and says duck it just ducking attack, and we win, where does that leave the respect for him?

He's waiting for it to click and needs the players to have some more skill and composure but it's a question of when

Whittaker with a shot on target from distance, fires it towards the bottom corner. Saved, Marriott runs towards the rebound and does some weird dance move, evading the ball completely and allowing the keeper to collect. 

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

We've started this season with our entire starting frontline injured and you were expecting an improvement going forward? Absolute insanity.

Did I say I was expecting better results going forward? If I did please read that line for me, must have lost my glasses. What I did say however that the style of football has not changed, we are still slow and predictable, strangely a bit like last season. I do understand that without some players like Lawrence for example, we are not going to be as effective going forward (for all his faults he is one of our creative outlets), however our slow and predictable footie is quickly worked out by the opposition, I was just hoping for some more urgency. Based on the first half I was quite obviously wrong.

Archived