All games on RamsTV whilst stadium is closed

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news that there’s at least going to be some way to watch every game. It’ll be interesting to see the clubs own statement on this when it comes out mind. I didn’t renew my season ticket before they suspended sales as the deadline kept changing and I wanted to know what I was getting before tying up my money. But obviously I’m happy to renew once things are clearer, especially to get a hold of a RamsTV package so that I don’t have to pay £10 a game. Presumably they’ll now either resume season ticket sales, or maybe create a one price RamsTV package which includes all games (apart from the weekend away matches per the original EFL statement).

1 hour ago, David said:

Yeah.....RamsTV, just got to give them a tenner first to watch.

Worth every penny.

That tenner which goes directly to the club and helps them enormously financially during this difficult time where stadiums are empty. 

Doesn't a 'small' amount go to the EFL or whoever runs iFollow. 'Compensation' for not using their awful service

1 hour ago, David said:

Yeah.....RamsTV, just got to give them a tenner first to watch.

Worth every penny.

That tenner which goes directly to the club and helps them enormously financially during this difficult time where stadiums are empty. 

Think my sarcasm was missed on this one I’ll be paying my £10 a game I’m glad we get to watch any football in the circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Doesn't a 'small' amount go to the EFL or whoever runs iFollow. 'Compensation' for not using their awful service

You could be right, but it really does help the club. 

I know we live in a world where we all want to illegally stream games, share Netflix accounts, rip music from YouTube and browse the internet with ad blockers on but £10 a game isn’t bad. 

HDMI cable to the big tv, fiver for 4 cans, feet up, sorted 

2 minutes ago, David said:

I know we live in a world where we all want to illegally stream games, share Netflix accounts, rip music from YouTube and browse the internet with ad blockers on but £10 a game isn’t bad. 

For one off games £10 isn't bad. But over a season it adds up to quite a lot. In time I hope we can approach something similar to the overseas £12.50 month pass - £20 would be about right, in my opinion, considering the number of games on Sky.

A full season of watching football on TV is a step in the right direction though. The next step is to have access to every game when fans are allowed back in the stadium. The final step is pricing.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For one off games £10 isn't bad. But over a season it adds up to quite a lot. In time I hope we can approach something similar to the overseas £12.50 month pass - £20 would be about right, in my opinion, considering the number of games on Sky.

A full season of watching football on TV is a step in the right direction though. The next step is to have access to every game when fans are allowed back in the stadium. The final step is pricing.

46 games a season, with Rooney you’re looking at say 6 on Sky so £400 to RamsTV.

I don’t think that’s too bad in all honesty, when you think of the families/friends that live in the same household watching the stream, hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to the game.

If Sky finally backed down and allowed it to continue even after stadiums are back open you have to price it right where fans that would normally go choose to stay at home. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

46 games a season, with Rooney you’re looking at say 6 on Sky so £400 to RamsTV.

I don’t think that’s too bad in all honesty, when you think of the families/friends that live in the same household watching the stream, hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to the game.

If Sky finally backed down and allowed it to continue even after stadiums are back open you have to price it right where fans that would normally go choose to stay at home. 

I recall 13 games last season: Huddersfield (A), WBA (H), Cardiff (H), Leeds (A), Forest (A), Sheff W (H), Charlton (H), Barnsley (H), Stoke (H), Bristol (A), Fulham (H), Forest (H), WBA (A)

Similar the season before as well.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I recall 13 games last season: Huddersfield (A), WBA (H), Cardiff (H), Leeds (A), Forest (A), Sheff W (H), Charlton (H), Barnsley (H), Stoke (H), Bristol (A), Fulham (H), Forest (H), WBA (A)

Didn’t realise it was that many, even cheaper then!

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeesh, nearly a third of our season was on the Sky? 

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Yea the Sky caveat seems a tad confusing

Third paragraph says : "an arrangement exists whereby all matches that are NOT LIVE on Sky Sports will be available to stream by clubs on iFollow (or club equivalent service)"

But then at the bottom you have:

"Sky Bet Championship Streaming

Championship clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows clubs to have the option to provide streams of:

* All home matches, including those shown live on Sky

* Any midweek away match, including those shown live on Sky

Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package."

So they can stream to season ticket holders but not to non season ticket holders?

That’s how would read it and would be the same as one of the options at the end of last season.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t realise it was that many, even cheaper then!

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeesh, nearly a third of our season was on the Sky? 

With no Leeds and a number of opposition fans hoping we lose, we'll probably be Sky's favourite team to select this year. I wouldn't bet against at least 16 games.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With no Leeds and a number of opposition fans hoping we lose, we'll probably be Sky's favourite team to select this year. I wouldn't bet against at least 16 games.

And when we sign Messi you can maybe say 25 games on Sky

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£10 is not bad at all and a lot cheaper than going to the actual games (especially when you factor in travel and parking) although, the experience isn’t the same of course. I don’t think anyone can really complain at that and I don’t really see that it should be reduced especially if, as I assume, the money goes to the club. Even better value if there is more than one you in the household that would normally attend games.

It probably won’t affect me as I renewed in time but, consider this scenario if you think it adds up to “quite a lot”

Typical cost of attending all home games with a season ticket (let’s say ticket costs £450)

Season ticket = £450

parking at £5 a time  = £115

Total ( excluding petrol) = £565

V

cost of pass for all home games = £230

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Great news that there’s at least going to be some way to watch every game. It’ll be interesting to see the clubs own statement on this when it comes out mind. I didn’t renew my season ticket before they suspended sales as the deadline kept changing and I wanted to know what I was getting before tying up my money. But obviously I’m happy to renew once things are clearer, especially to get a hold of a RamsTV package so that I don’t have to pay £10 a game. Presumably they’ll now either resume season ticket sales, or maybe create a one price RamsTV package which includes all games (apart from the weekend away matches per the original EFL statement).

They do a package

18 hours ago, David said:

4 cans is ok for the pre match warm up? What was you drinking after kick off?

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Werent Brentford (H), Cardiff (A) and Leeds (H) all main games too? i.e. not red button

Archived