Ola Ibrahim and Marko Borkovic - signed for academy

Sean

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/08/2020 at 14:07, Ramslad1992 said:

Says something when players are leaving man united to join us... well done to our academy team ??

Good point only slightly caveated that they showed him the door. Still didn’t stop Robbie Savage though. 

On 10/08/2020 at 14:07, Ramslad1992 said:

Says something when players are leaving man united to join us... well done to our academy team ??

It just shows that he wasn't good enough for Man Utd - nothing more. The players our academy has produced so far are light years behind the top talent coming out of Uniteds.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

It just shows that he wasn't good enough for Man Utd - nothing more. The players our academy has produced so far are light years behind the top talent coming out of Uniteds.

thats a bit harsh. we have one of the best youth set ups and we are just starting to see the lads coming through. 

you get plenty of lads that are let go by their club. let's hope he kicks on for us.

47 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

thats a bit harsh. we have one of the best youth set ups and we are just starting to see the lads coming through. 

you get plenty of lads that are let go by their club. let's hope he kicks on for us.

They usually get let go, because they aren't as good as their colleagues. Don't get me wrong i'm sure he can do a job for us, but Man Utd aren't letting their best talent go for no reason.

We have some good facilities, but as yet we've not got anyone even close to the level top prem teams are producing.

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

Although Hector-Ingram left West Ham (who offered him another contract) to join us - we might be be at the status of the very top clubs youth set ups, but we are getting further towards them as the years go by.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Although Hector-Ingram left West Ham (who offered him another contract) to join us - we might be be at the status of the very top clubs youth set ups, but we are getting further towards them as the years go by.

I agree. There is definitely a lead time before we will see the results of the investment. At the moment though we haven't produced anyone of the quality of Rashford, Mount, Wilson, Greenwood, etc. The likes of Bird or Sibley could improve to that level as they get more game time, but its too early to tell. Realistically the academy investment will have the most impact on the younger age groups though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 19:36, Ghost of Clough said:

I told everyone where Borkovic played in the academy thread on the 3rd.

In fact, there was a match before lockdown when he made his U18 debut for us and I said where he played.

Wasn’t he the no3 who looked pretty good at left back?

if not who was that?

Archived