FA Cup Final | Arsenal v Chelsea

Day

54 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Quite amusing listening to Ashley Cole describing Chelsea defensive frailties. Sound ominously like us...

...doesn't have faith in either of his keepers 

...concede way way too many from set pieces

...all standing around at corners  nobody attacking the ball 

...not organised 

Hmm....is this Frank's legacy to us? ?

2 midfielders running the team for you. Always thought the ideal setup is having a ex defender, midfielder and forward all working together handing down their knowledge.

We still struggling ourselves with that, odd really as you would think they would be able to organise a defence still. Can’t be that hard 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Quite amusing listening to Ashley Cole describing Chelsea defensive frailties. Sound ominously like us...

...doesn't have faith in either of his keepers 

...concede way way too many from set pieces

...all standing around at corners  nobody attacking the ball 

...not organised 

Hmm....is this Frank's legacy to us? ?

Apparently, they've conceded a higher proportion of goals from corners than anyone in their division.

All very familiar.

There's a lot of players falling over like they've been shot and crying over hamstring pulls today.  I actually thought Giroud would require spinal surgery after that slight push by Luiz in the first half. I was relieved when he started break dancing a minute later.   Never got this in the days of Harford and Fashanu. I miss it.

33 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Aubameyang lifting that trophy was one of the most awkward moments I've seen for awhile ?? just lift the trophy out the bottom!

Hope he got his winners medal back off the Arsenal player who was on crutches, that helped himself to a medal.

Thought after the first 20 minutes Chelsea were poor but as a neutral the referee had a shocking

game and I would certainly be miffed if I were a Chelsea supporter.

Taylor got about 50% of the decisions wrong/not given and Attwell on VAR would have been no help !!

That didn’t look like a normal Chelsea formation. Three at the back and three up front weakened the midfield. The combination of injury to Pulisic (the new Juninho) and poor refereeing didn’t help either.

in the end Arsenals front three achieved an unlikely victory.
can’t help thinking it was a tactical error by Chelsea, who’s defence looked very clumsy.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

That didn’t look like a normal Chelsea formation. Three at the back and three up front weakened the midfield. The combination of injury to Pulisic (the new Juninho) and poor refereeing didn’t help either.

in the end Arsenals front three achieved an unlikely victory.
can’t help thinking it was a tactical error by Chelsea, who’s defence looked very clumsy.

The barrow boy guided Chelsea from 3rd last season to 4th this, concedes as many goals as Brighton, (I think level on goals conceded with their highest ever amount in the premiership) and then to cap It all off lost to a really messed up Arsenal team in the cup final....and some people still think he is a good manager....

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

The barrow boy guided Chelsea from 3rd last season to 4th this, concedes as many goals as Brighton, (I think level on goals conceded with their highest ever amount in the premiership) and then to cap It all off lost to a really messed up Arsenal team in the cup final....and some people still think he is a good manager....

He also had a transfer embargo to deal with, several injuries and still qualified for Europe as well as making the FA Cup Final.

Of course he’s a good manager, proven that this season.

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

An Arsenal team that beat both Man City and Liverpool in recent games - they aren't exactly a third division team - they are still one of the best in the country. They might have conceded a lot, but only two teams scored more goals than them this year.

He managed to finish as the 4th best team in the country and get to a cup final in his first season as manager there. I don't really care what Lampard does now that he isn't involved with us anymore, but Christ alive he hasn't done badly in his first season at Chelsea.

9 hours ago, GenBr said:

An Arsenal team that beat both Man City and Liverpool in recent games - they aren't exactly a third division team - they are still one of the best in the country. They might have conceded a lot, but only two teams scored more goals than them this year.

He managed to finish as the 4th best team in the country and get to a cup final in his first season as manager there. I don't really care what Lampard does now that he isn't involved with us anymore, but Christ alive he hasn't done badly in his first season at Chelsea.

Who do you think will get fired first... Arteta or fat frank.? 

13 hours ago, David said:

He also had a transfer embargo to deal with, several injuries and still qualified for Europe as well as making the FA Cup Final.

Of course he’s a good manager, proven that this season.

When all said and done, he has ended up in a worse position than Sari did last season, and he got sacked. 

Archived