FA Cup Final | Arsenal v Chelsea

David

We’re all wanting Chelsea to win right?

I know some are still not over his departure, but come on, Lampard has proved his doubters wrong and deserves some credit.

2 trips to Wembley in his first 2 seasons in football management, would be so happy for him, Jody and Mason Mount to see them lift the FA Cup today.

Oh and...

haters GIF

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care who wins. Yes Frank was our manager for one season, but we have no real ties to either of these clubs. Just another boring final with the same old teams - not particularly interesting for neutrals.

Doubters? What doubters?

i would prefer Chelsea to win but I’m not over fussed. Charlie George will be on the other side of the fence. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Lampard didn’t have any loyalties to us, I don’t have any loyalties to Lampard. I do have family loyalty to Arsenal though... so up the Arse it is! ?

I don’t have any loyalty to him either. Not sure why loyalty gets thrown around in football so much.

If I worked at X and was offered a promotion and pay rise at X, I would jump at the chance, footballers and managers are no different, this is their job.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t have any loyalty to him either. Not sure why loyalty gets thrown around in football so much.

If I worked at X and was offered a promotion and pay rise at X, I would jump at the chance, footballers and managers are no different, this is their job.

I agree, I have no problem whatsoever with Frank Lampard. But equally, him being at Chelsea ain’t gonna make me want them to win anything. I’ve never really liked them, and that hasn’t changed.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I agree, I have no problem whatsoever with Frank Lampard. But equally, him being at Chelsea ain’t gonna make me want them to win anything. I’ve never really liked them, and that hasn’t changed.

If that’s the case, completely understand. I know another gentleman on this forum has never been a fan of Frank...only a matter of time before he arrives with “Fat Frank”.

Never had any love or dislike for them before they arrived, having given us an entertaining season almost taking us up, just wish them well and would like to see them succeed knowing it all started at Derby. 

I suspect judging by the replies so far though I will be in a tiny minority with this 

Could there be a less interesting final?

Two extremely unlikeable clubs who get to Wembley every couple of years or so anyway and I can't think of any players on either side that are worth switching the TV on for. I guess Kante can be appreciated, but if a holding midfielder is the most interesting player on the pitch it's safe to say neither club are a vintage version of themselves.

It’s not so much loyalty but I’m always interested in anyone who was once a Ram. There must be others who think so or we wouldn’t have an ex-Rams thread. With no particular interest in who wins I’ll go for the one with an ex Ram to support.

Sith Happens

pah, the fa what? 5.30 bloody kick off, no itv and bbc coverage from 8am in the morning...

of course I'd love if Derby were there but just not the same as it was, guess I'm just showing my age...I know all the scoreline and winners during the late 70s and 80s, not sure I could say the same for the past 5 years.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

pah, the fa what? 5.30 bloody kick off, no itv and bbc coverage from 8am in the morning...

of course I'd love if Derby were there but just not the same as it was, guess I'm just showing my age...I know all the scoreline and winners during the late 70s and 80s, not sure I could say the same for the past 5 years.

See the occasional one. But I couldn't say which years. Saw the city 6-0, the arsenal comeback v hull and the wigan win.

Oh and the Chelsea man u game which was the 1st  one at the new Wembley. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If Tomori gets a game then I hope he does well. Mason as well, as you could see that he was genuinely upset not to have succeeded at Wembley with us.

Frank I can take or leave....

Bang on. 

Lampard gave us a great season, but I don't really find myself caring how he does. There's just something about him that stops me from warming to him.

I hope Mount and Tomori do well though.

Quite amusing listening to Ashley Cole describing Chelsea defensive frailties. Sound ominously like us...

...doesn't have faith in either of his keepers 

...concede way way too many from set pieces

...all standing around at corners  nobody attacking the ball 

...not organised 

Hmm....is this Frank's legacy to us? ?

Archived