Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

16 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Would love an exotic foreign tie in pre season... 

Aberdeen with the Shinnie and Bryson link would be good.

So would the Aberdeenshire Rams. Don't forget Max Lowe he loves the place and we'll all meet up in https://www.sixdnorth.co.uk/aberdeen for a load of belgium beer and we can all hang up our flags inside on the upstairs balcony.

See you all in August/September

Make it happen Super Mel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original plans were to go abroad again but covid has stopped that idea, confirmed by Ryan Conway.

He did originally state we were to play Wycombe in our first preseason game bit since removed that, maybe they were until they got promotion

On 03/08/2020 at 20:26, RoyMac5 said:

10th August I think (although in the old days Chrissy always came in a week early ? ).

Just watched the after match (Birmingham) interview with Cocu, thatbwas Weds 22nd and he said moor farm will be shut and everyone having a break for 2 and a bit weeks which would suggest they return next week, Mon 10th like you say.

Strange there has been no preseason fixtures announced yet, maybe announced this weekend with the players back Monday

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Strange there has been no preseason fixtures announced yet, maybe announced this weekend with the players back Monday

With no fans in attendance they are in no rush to announce them to be honest. 

With the Season kicking off on 12th September we still have over a month to go. 

Probably looking at a couple of local games, Burton, Chesterfield, Stoke that kind of thing, maybe even the U23s v First team. 

Can’t see there being any big name finale game

2 minutes ago, David said:

Probably looking at a couple of local games, Burton, Chesterfield, Stoke that kind of thing, maybe even the U23s v First team. 

Very true, I hope they're looking into providing an option to watch them on ramstv

On 19/07/2020 at 20:01, sage said:

I would imagine the 4th weekend in August and England only. 

Burton (a)

Matlock (a)

Doncaster (a)

Mickleover Sports (a)

Sheffield United. (h)

7 minutes ago, David said:

Keep up @David

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Very true, I hope they're looking into providing an option to watch them on ramstv

I’m sure they will, although I suspect at a cost again which I know will frustrate some, with the huge hit on revenue you can’t blame really them.

In fact, thinking again maybe they will try and tempt a big name over for a game, raise some interest. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

I’m sure they will, although I suspect at a cost again which I know will frustrate some, with the huge hit on revenue you can’t blame really them.

In fact, thinking again maybe they will try and tempt a big name over for a game, raise some interest. 

I don’t see why anyone should be frustrated if there was a cost. As you say, they need to get as much money in as they can and I can’t imagine the cost of watching any games on RamsTV would be as much as the cost of going to the game if we’d been allowed to (not to mention travelling and parking costs). So, the experience wouldn’t be as good (I always enjoy the atmosphere at away friendlies) but the cost will be less. Although, I guess, some like to find something to complain about.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t see why anyone should be frustrated if there was a cost. As you say, they need to get as much money in as they can and I can’t imagine the cost of watching any games on RamsTV would be as much as the cost of going to the game if we’d been allowed to (not to mention travelling and parking costs). So, the experience wouldn’t be as good (I always enjoy the atmosphere at away friendlies) but the cost will be less. Although, I guess, some like to find something to complain about.

Seem to recall the first year of RamsTV they made the games free to test the platform, the following year they charged and a few people saw their bottom about it.

I guess the majority understand they have to make money to spend money, but it’s just that vocal minority that sticks in your mind. 

50 minutes ago, David said:

the following year they charged and a few people saw their bottom about it.

When they did a 'package price' a bit like season tickets it seemed fair. As ever it could be individual games that look pricey. But no free lunches (hopefully except the Academy games!).

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When they did a 'package price' a bit like season tickets it seemed fair. As ever it could be individual games that look pricey. But no free lunches (hopefully except the Academy games!).

Looked like they wanted to push the package for all, not just the Rangers game tbf.

U23s have been entertaining though, I wouldn’t be against paying a small fee for the season if the powers that be decide that. 

Bristol Rovers are charging for their first pre-season friendly £4.99. I only know this because I went on their site to listen to Mitchell-Lawson's interview. 

I think they should use under 23 games as a trial for socially-distanced attendance at pride Park - we usually do that anyway. 

Archived