13 years ago today.....

Mafiabob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'll chalk it up to experience 

That was gonna be my next one... until someone closed the bloody forum down on me!  I ended up plumping the cushions and washing the pots whilst I waited for it to come back on.

*True story AND snooker puns, all rolled into one!  Beat that!  ?

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That was gonna be my next one... until someone closed the bloody forum down on me!  I ended up plumping the cushions and washing the pots whilst I waited for it to come back on.

*True story AND snooker puns, all rolled into one!  Beat that!  ?

true, beating that is the crucible of all pun challenges. 

13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

true, beating that is the crucible of all pun challenges. 

?

EDIT:
Damn bloody auto correct!  I put a colon followed by a capital "D".  The ultimate snooker related internet pun, being exceedingly witty and down with the kids... then some arse auto changed it to a proper smiley!  ?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Known has DJ Thundermuscle now. Likes electronic music & played at Glastonbury!

thundermuscle ?

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Embarrassed to admit I thought he was a good signing at the time.

Remember him being a man mountain against us when he played for Preston.

You werent the only one. I remember watching him in the Derby v PNE playoff second leg in 2005 & he was dominant that night, best player on the pitch. Got himself a move to Sheff Utd & I think he did OK there too. Always thought it was a confidence/mental issue, could never work out what happened to make him so inept.

My real disdain is reserved for Earnshaw though. Idle, didnt seem to want to play & then seemed to relish scoring against us for the treetards.

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You werent the only one. I remember watching him in the Derby v PNE playoff second leg in 2005 & he was dominant that night, best player on the pitch. Got himself a move to Sheff Utd & I think he did OK there too. Always thought it was a confidence/mental issue, could never work out what happened to make him so inept.

My real disdain is reserved for Earnshaw though. Idle, didnt seem to want to play & then seemed to relish scoring against us for the treetards.

Think everyone picked their mortal enemy that season. Mine was Kenny Miller. What an odious, awful footballer.

Just now, Srg said:

Think everyone picked their mortal enemy that season. Mine was Kenny Miller. What an odious, awful footballer.

He comes a close second in my eyes. Horrible individual. Had the temerity to moan about fans being angry on the final day v Reading.

The irritating thing with both is that they had talent. Miller a decent lone striker, Earnshaw dangerous in a counter attacking side (which we really needed to be). The rest of the squad were willing but not able.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He comes a close second in my eyes. Horrible individual. Had the temerity to moan about fans being angry on the final day v Reading.

The irritating thing with both is that they had talent. Miller a decent lone striker, Earnshaw dangerous in a counter attacking side (which we really needed to be). The rest of the squad were willing but not able.

barnes was able, probably the only one 

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

barnes was able, probably the only one 

Possibly David Jones also but both were injured for large spells. Barnes made 14 starts, Jones made 11.

Also selling Howard & Oakley was madness. Not saying they were Prem quality but good enough to eke a couple more results out.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Also selling Howard & Oakley was madness. Not saying they were Prem quality but good enough to eke a couple more results out.

And more than good enough for the following season once we were inevitably relegated!

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's in-off of the puns now!  This is getting tedious!  

true,  I'm no longer in the frame of mind for this 

Sith Happens
Just now, Mucker1884 said:

well screw you, then!  

perhaps we should pool our resources in this pun fest

Just now, Kinder said:

And more than good enough for the following season once we were inevitably relegated!

Absolutely. Jewell had the insane belief that we needed to sell every player to remove the stain of that relegation...that was his reason for selling David Jones.

You could also tell from Oakley & Howard's ovation of the Derby fans at PP on their next visit (which so incensed Leics as they didnt clap the away support) that they didnt willingly leave.

Archived