13 years ago today.....

Mafiabob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst bit of it was, him and (i've still not forgiven his lack of trying) Earnshaw were our "big" signings. Oh and Kenny Millar.

I'm persistently irritated with everyone involved in that season always giving a "why it wasn't my fault" account of themselves.

But yeah, Claud, what a signing.

Sith Happens

I can't recall who it was we were trying to make our marquee signing, a striker est £6 million....think he went to Sunderland. And we got Earnshaw and later Millar.

We then signed Eddie Lewis, did Andy Todd sign in the summer too?

Shocking....

Bookies had lowish odds on us not winning at all we were obviously that bad, and very nearly happened.

To think we did ok at home to Portsmouth, played ok away to Man City i think it was with Pearson missing a great chance to put us 1-0 up....then the likes of liverpool came long....

Then in typical Billy style after we put in a spirited performance against Chelsea with a clear foul on Barnes i think it was that wasn't given then they went and scored he decides to take the opportunity rather than praise them for an unlucky defeat to go public about how crap a squad he had built and slag the Chairman off publically, may as well of said 'Please sack me on monday i have built a shocking team, i'd rather get a pay off and clear off thanks'.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

For a moment that day - I thought we had signed a young Curtis - with hindsight oh how I wished 

I'd rather have signed this Davis to be fair.

seniorsprofile-4932.jpg?w=640

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't recall who it was we were trying to make our marquee signing, a striker est £6 million....think he went to Sunderland. And we got Earnshaw and later Millar.

We then signed Eddie Lewis, did Andy Todd sign in the summer too?

Shocking....

Bookies had lowish odds on us not winning at all we were obviously that bad, and very nearly happened.

To think we did ok at home to Portsmouth, played ok away to Man City i think it was with Pearson missing a great chance to put us 1-0 up....then the likes of liverpool came long....

Then in typical Billy style after we put in a spirited performance against Chelsea with a clear foul on Barnes i think it was that wasn't given then they went and scored he decides to take the opportunity rather than praise them for an unlucky defeat to go public about how crap a squad he had built and slag the Chairman off publically, may as well of said 'Please sack me on monday i have built a shocking team, i'd rather get a pay off and clear off thanks'.

Kenwyn Jones I think is the fella. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Kenwyn Jones I think is the fella. 

Thats the fella...i didnt think he was that good actually, but looking on Wiki, looks like he had a reasonable goals per game ratio.

Certainly better than Earnshaws for us i bet.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thats the fella...i didnt think he was that good actually, but looking on Wiki, looks like he had a reasonable goals per game ratio.

Certainly better than Earnshaws for us i bet.

Yeah he was a bit of a handful from what I remember and as you say we'd have surely got better value out of him than Earnshaw. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Yeah he was a bit of a handful from what I remember and as you say we'd have surely got better value out of him than Earnshaw. 

Id of got better value out of a bottomless bucket than we did with earnshaw

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and no one has made the obvious....interesting....very interesting.... just look at his face...comment..?

I once heard an interview with Barry Hearn, who raised Snooker from relative obscurity to a nationally watched sport. He hit on the idea of giving all the players a 'persona'. They decided on 'boring' for Steve. Hearn said he's not boring at all actually.

Totally off topic, but Hearn also touched on managing Chris Eubank. Said he was a marketing man's gift. One night he was a guest at a concert featuring Ella Fitzgerald. Eubank turned up about 10 minutes late, dressed in a tweed waisted jacket and riding boots. As he reached his seat, he said 'Tell Miss Fitzgerald she may now commence.' What a character!

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Now that would have been interesting 

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and no one has made the obvious....interesting....very interesting.... just look at his face...comment..?

cue the puns..

49 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

In over 45 years of watching the Rams I still truly believe Claude was pound for pound the very worst signing I have ever seen and there are plenty in the running for that honour . 

Clod was awful. 

Archived