Rams TV, the verdict

ram59

Great coverage. Only minor issue I had was that there was a slight delay to the live feed. I received a notification from Sky Sports saying we had won 3-2 and the game still had about a minute left on Rams TV(Of course, we know 'Sky TV is shucking fit'!.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have still been happy if the picture wasn't perfect and would have even forgive them the odd bit of buffering but it far exceeded my expectations.

Commentary was great, the picture was fantastic and the pre game show was as good as Sky but better as it was fully focused on us!  

Not used Rams Tv before and was really impresses. Thought Owen and Shane were really good, especially as they didn't come across as club employees which is always a danger with in-house broadcasts.

Just something I mentioned on the match thread...it was simple to have match on the dcfc site on my S9 phone and cast it to my LG tv to watch there using smart view.

On 20/06/2020 at 18:58, ram59 said:

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has very negative views, afte watching it. 

I've been using the RamsTV service for a while - For the midweek games when we're not on Sky - Have always found it a good service and been impressed by the streaming quality

However I was disappointed on Saturday that 3 times during the match the stream went dead and I got the message "you don't have permission to watch this content" - I did everything as the club had asked - Redeemed my code 48 hours before the game and logged in and started the stream early (12 01) to try and help the servers not getting overloaded etc - Yet at Kick Off and twice during play it suddenly stopped and I had to refresh the page about 10 times to get it to load again

I've written to the club but both the SLO and the website team auto replies say their responses will be 'sometime in the next 14 day' - Whilst they're usually quicker than that I'm a little worried about the game next weekend

3 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

Great coverage. Only minor issue I had was that there was a slight delay to the live feed. I received a notification from Sky Sports saying we had won 3-2 and the game still had about a minute left on Rams TV(Of course, we know 'Sky TV is shucking fit'!.

It has to be that way for a few reasons. Either put your phone down for a couple of hours or turn the Sky notifications off. 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've got a question @OwenB87, if you don't mind.

When you say you're watching on monitors back at Pride Park, do you just have the same feed as everyone else sees, or do you have a few different camera angles available?

Good question, slightly complicated answer! 

Until Saturday, Shane & I sat pretty much next to each other with two monitors. One shows exactly what you are seeing, that’s a little closer to Shinner, while I have a multi-screen view on my monitor. I spend most of my time watching the main feed, but it means I can glance across to try and see if there’s anything interesting on the other cameras. It’s quite useful.

We don’t always have multi-view available, it depends what camera mix we’re getting from the away game, but that’s the usual set-up.

Social distancing has thrown a spanner in the works of that. Shinner & I are now sat so far away from each other we have one monitor each showing just the broadcast pictures, so I don’t have the benefit of the multi-view.

Hope that makes sense! 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It has to be that way for a few reasons. Either put your phone down for a couple of hours or turn the Sky notifications off. 

I get score flashes through from the BBC. Sometimes they come through up to a minute before a goal and sometimes afterwards, but during the same match. On Saturday we were playing really well,pushing for a goal and on the attack when a notification came through. I decided to have a look to see which of our players had scored and it was Smith for them ?

Archived