Rams TV, the verdict

ram59

After our first experience of watching a match with no fans, what are your points of view? 

Personally, I thought the quality of the coverage was excellent and by the time the game had ended, felt that there was little difference to a regular sky game. 

The artificial crowd noise worked well and the result helped, of course. Probably with the away team winning, they're wasn't as much difference compared to reality. I wonder if we'll get an artificial 'bounce', if we win next week. 

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has very negative views, afte watching it. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I'd watched via laptop and HDMI cable, and will probably go back to just using a tablet in future.

Some delay in audio occasionally, and frequent fast forwarding during the game, and the picture quality wasn't that great. 

I suspect it was the equipment though rather than RamsTV, as I've never had a problem before.

Thought it was great, was worried before even though it was the Rams it’d be a bit hollow. However hats off to the team, great coverage. I really enjoyed it, I did miss the shouts of “forward” and “he’s useless get him off” from the bloke behind me at PP, other than that 10/10 @OwenB87 

7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We're lucky to have it. Great commentary, above-standard pundit next to him. Really impressed. 

Owen is very good isn't he, for saying he'd not done football commentary before?

Even more impressive to do it remotely via a feed, yet you can't tell.

18 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Owen is very good isn't he, for saying he'd not done football commentary before?

Even more impressive to do it remotely via a feed, yet you can't tell.

He's been doing it for a season or two now. I think he's very good on the whole.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It was pretty good although I really didn't like the fake crowd noises as it sounded pretty tinny and annoying...to be honest,they shouldn't bother with it,i enjoy listening to the actual sounds of the game and players/staff.

Wasn't the fake crowd noise produced by the millwall stadium PA system rather than by rams tv?

Couldn't find my HDMI lead, so made do direct on laptop.  Full screen was a bit much for my eyes, so reduced it back to default size.  That's purely down to my eyes (Laptop was probably too close!).

Everything else was bang on.  The pre-match videos were a good watch, the game too of course, and the presentation/commo absolutely fine.

Not a flicker.  No buffering whatsoever.  Quality all the way, for me.  I've already given them a couple of thumbs up (for today's broadcast, and the whole option 3/voucher code process), but I'm more than happy to give another one here.

I'm no expert, but it looked suspiciously like a 10/10 for me!

Bravo!  

As I said on another thread, next week should be even better coverage as there are more camera angles available for home games. RamsTV really is very impressive. For those of us unable to attend in person it has been a godsend, even the games with Rowett in charge ?

First time watching it directly through a Smart TV. It was much better than using a chromebook and linking to TV with HDMI cable. Generally speaking the coverage is very good. Occasionally the camera used wasn't too good - specifically remember Tom going on a run, they zoomed in on him and consequently we had no idea what was happening around him.

I also thought the crowd noise was Millwall's. I didn't think it was as good as at some other games I have watched. 

Rams TV was perfect for me; I also used a laptop and HDMI lead, no problems, great picture and in sync. In fact the whole process of applying for, receiving and redeeming the code was perfect and there was no queue to get on the site pre-match either. 

My only very small complaint was that I would have liked it to go on a bit longer at the end but I understand they take the post match show over to Facebook so more people can see it. 

I am looking forward to seeing how we do with a home match next week. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I also thought the crowd noise was Millwall's. I didn't think it was as good as at some other games I have watched. 

Rams TV was perfect for me; I also used a laptop and HDMI lead, no problems, great picture and in sync. In fact the whole process of applying for, receiving and redeeming the code was perfect and there was no queue to get on the site pre-match either. 

My only very small complaint was that I would have liked it to go on a bit longer at the end but I understand they take the post match show over to Facebook so more people can see it. 

I am looking forward to seeing how we do with a home match next week. 

When RamsTV first started the post match stuff was on the main site and available to everyone, subscribers or not. I don't know why they don't do it on both formats for those of us who don't have Facebook and have to go on their wife's account.

After opting for a straight refund I was sure I’d listen to radio Derby, as I listen every match, even every home match when I’m at the ground.

suddenly had a change of heart & watched RamsTV- really enjoyed, very impressed; I’d forgotten what a class act OB is - he was great on radio Derby.

thought it was highly professional.

only improvements would be post match interviews & discussion & I prefer no fake crowd noise, but from other posts perhaps out of RamsTV’s control.

will definitely be watching on Saturday. So not only will I be watching RamsTV, I also bought a shirt for a friend’s birthday this week?‍♀️

Archived