Which past Derby players have back at pp

B4ev6is

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideally I'd have Hendrick and Hughes back, definitely. And Butland from Stoke in goal (yes, I know he only had a few games on loan for us). Jordon Ibe? Maybe working with Cocu and Rooney could get his career back on track?

More realistically, we had Daniel Ayala on loan for a bit didn't we? Him and Te Wierik at centre-back should be pretty solid on paper. And I think he's out of contract at Middlesbrough in the summer?

Either of Hughes or Tomori would be an absolute dream to have back. I’d be pretty happy to see Vydra, Wilson or Ibe back as well to bring a bit of attacking quality in the attacking midfield areas. Maybe Hendrick as well, though I was never too sure on him when he was here first time around.

Oh and I guess we could fit Mount in the team somewhere. ? Mind, getting him back would be about as realistic as I don’t know... signing Wayne Rooney. Not even worth a discussion...

43 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ah Manel, probably the most 'unlucky' centre-forward I've seen in a Derby shirt. I remember a game at home to Walsall (mainly for the contentious penalty in the last few minutes) where he must have hit the post 3/4 times.

He also had a goal chalked off at West Ham away for being offside when If I remember right, two players played him onside 

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ah Manel, probably the most 'unlucky' centre-forward I've seen in a Derby shirt. I remember a game at home to Walsall (mainly for the contentious penalty in the last few minutes) where he must have hit the post 3/4 times.

I've seen so many people call Manel, even label him as one of our worst loan signings of all time.

He werent a bad player for me.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've seen so many people call Manel, even label him as one of our worst loan signings of all time.

Same here, I liked him. Did alright in a season where we didn't have particularly much to shout about.

Now... Stern John, Lee Bradbury, Tommy Mooney, Nick Chadwick... they were some proper dross loan signings! 

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ideally I'd have Hendrick and Hughes back, definitely. And Butland from Stoke in goal (yes, I know he only had a few games on loan for us). Jordon Ibe? Maybe working with Cocu and Rooney could get his career back on track?

More realistically, we had Daniel Ayala on loan for a bit didn't we? Him and Te Wierik at centre-back should be pretty solid on paper. And I think he's out of contract at Middlesbrough in the summer?

Ibe’s a bit of a naughty boy but I loved it when we had him. Made mistakes, ran in to traffic, didn’t look up enough, but one of those players with that rare rare, change of pace... from blistering to light speed. Beats his man, Frightened defences. Yes Cocu and Rooney might be able to do something with him. Yep and Butland too. Proper keeper. Not fussed about Hendrick. Hughes and Rooney in midfield would be nice. Both have football brains, I could see them sharing wavelengths. 

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Lee Camp would be an improvement in goal.

Definitely this! He is such a Derby fan that every other club he has been at he has been absolute dog-poo in order to help Derby get more points than his current team 

On 08/05/2020 at 12:34, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's one of the reasons it's so tough being a striker. All people remember are goals (or lack of them). People forget the complete lack of service. Manel worked hard and was a decent enough target man to help keep us up when we were in very real danger of going down. Same goes for Danny Graham when he was here on loan. His lack of goals often gets him cited as one of our worst ever loans, but it was evident from his play that he was a decent footballer. He's too old now, but I would've loved for us to take a punt on Graham after his spell at Carlisle.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised Rowett never dragged him out of retirement...

Osman was best with the ball at his feet. He was short and not massively quick, so he'd be unsuited to kick and rush.

Archived