Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

I recently commented on how much I enjoyed Green book ( which i did).

Last night I watched Stan and Ollie. 

A sad part of their careers to be honest but wow the performances were terrific. 

When they run the end credits and you actually see the original you realise just how much effort the actors have put it.

Not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Wensleydale Larson is one of the least likeable people in Hollwood right now. 

Why?

Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, Anon said:

She made the mistake of saying that her super hero movie wasn't for 40 year old man children, forgetting that 40 year old man children are amongst the primary consumers of Marvel cape-poo.

How offensive. ?

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

How offensive. ?

I'm an equal opportunities troll. I endevor to upset everyone. In all honesty, she does come across as a bit of a dick, but I find it hard to care or even feign surprise that a Hollywood actor is aloof, patronising, and prepared to pretend to be "woke" in order to shift tickets.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

She made the mistake of saying that her super hero movie wasn't for 40 year old man children, forgetting that 40 year old man children are amongst the primary consumers of Marvel cape-poo.

I like the sound of her. We should date. 

(Me and her, not you, sorry)

2 hours ago, Anon said:

The irony being that she said she doesn't care what old white men think about A Wrinkle in Time because it wasn't made for them. As you say, which demographic tends to like comic book superheroes again? 

Sith Happens
On 19/03/2019 at 19:35, Anon said:

Brie Larson isn't for middle aged white guys.

Jeez who would have thought Brie Larson and dianne Abbot having so much in common being sexist racists hating middle aged white men. Blimey.

As a result of watching Captain Marvel and the ensuing debate about her as a person, along with my growing excitement for Endgame, I rewatched Infinity War last night. I think that is my favourite film of 2018, and not even ashamed. So rarely does a triple A blockbuster meet expectations, and mine were high, but this did. Scene after scene of good film.

Ive come to realise with age that movies are less about what the critics say or whether it’s a big/low budget/indie film, but whether you enjoy it when you watch it. And it’s a good place to be!

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

As a result of watching Captain Marvel and the ensuing debate about her as a person, along with my growing excitement for Endgame, I rewatched Infinity War last night. I think that is my favourite film of 2018, and not even ashamed. So rarely does a triple A blockbuster meet expectations, and mine were high, but this did. Scene after scene of good film.

Ive come to realise with age that movies are less about what the critics say or whether it’s a big/low budget/indie film, but whether you enjoy it when you watch it. And it’s a good place to be!

Thanos is an amazing villain. But I suspect as Larson is an ardent feminist Captain Marvel might be up for wiping half the population out of existence.

6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Thanos is an amazing villain. But I suspect as Larson is an ardent feminist Captain Marvel might be up for wiping half the population out of existence.

Haha the other half of the universes population, leaving no more old poo man babies. You sure have an issue with Brie. Not that I’m judging, we all have our actors we like and those we can’t stand. Like I said, I don’t let actors views distract my film enjoyment, unless they’re in humane or they’ve been found doing something wrong.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, StringerBell said:

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Anything wrong with being an ardent feminist?

I doubt she is, she made a comment which was hardly the worst thing in the world. I cant believe its caused such a fuss, its like all the simpsons style comic book guys have taken offence because they arent being led on by her into thinking they can get in her pants.

Seriously people would take offence if she had said she preferred Coke to Pepsi.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Haha the other half of the universes population, leaving no more old poo man babies. You sure have an issue with Brie. Not that I’m judging, we all have our actors we like and those we can’t stand. Like I said, I don’t let actors views distract my film enjoyment, unless they’re in humane or they’ve been found doing something wrong.

Who's going to kill the shebrats? I don't care if you like Captain Marvel. Its just the coffee I had to clean up after I read you describing her as a likeable lead that concerned me.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I doubt she is, she made a comment which was hardly the worst thing in the world. I cant believe its caused such a fuss, its like all the simpsons style comic book guys have taken offence because they arent being led on by her into thinking they can get in her pants.

Seriously people would take offence if she had said she preferred Coke to Pepsi.

"I think because it’s 2019, and what 2019 is about, really, is intersectional feminism"