Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Fair enough, I'm just going off previous jabs where they ask you to hang around for a few minutes, just in case of an adverse reaction.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It was news to me as well.

When I had mine a couple of weeks ago (AstraZeneca) I sat for about 10 minutes chatting to the nurse afterwards. Sue today had the same vaccine as I did, so I was quite surprised to see her coming out of the centre just 5 minutes after she went in. Same jab, but they did ask her if she was driving.

I had the AZ and had to stay in my car 15 minutes as was driving.  You can leave if someone else is driving you. 

The Pfizer one you have to wait regardless because of the allergic reactions that were encountered early on, which haven't occurred with AZ

It's based on manufacturers guidelines. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rev said:

Surely you should have waited the time before leaving, having been jabbed or just driving someone who has been?

The whole point of waiting is to see if any adverse reaction occurs, if such reaction occurs 10 minutes after you've driven off you're 20 minutes from treatment, rather than seconds.

I was sat in my car the whole time while my wife was in the Derby Arena. You are only allowed to be accompanied if the two of you are both being vaccinated, or if you are disabled (e.g. have mobility or sight issues).

We did sit in the car for a few minutes before driving off.

14 hours ago, sage said:

Just booked by vaccine slot for Wednesday night and one for 12 weeks later.

Didn't offer me Babington Hospital which is 200m away from where I live but only got to go to Horsley Woodhouse.

Hurrah. 

I had mine last week. I didn't get offered Horsley Woodhouse which is 200 yds from my house. I had to go to Babington!!!!

6 hours ago, Saul said:

I had mine last week. I didn't get offered Horsley Woodhouse which is 200 yds from my house. I had to go to Babington!!!!

Would have been closer for me in woodhouse too, but i know that one is fairly new, i think its only been open a couple of weeks.

Babbington was very well organised. Lots of parking too.

All them key stays keep tumbling and with the government hitting their promised figure for jabs its all looking promising for a staggered reopening next month.

Fingers crossed in addition to schools we see outdoor activities added in, golf, football, meeting a few in park etc....before the more "riskier" indoor activities that follow.

8 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

All them key stays keep tumbling and with the government hitting their promised figure for jabs its all looking promising for a staggered reopening next month.

Fingers crossed in addition to schools we see outdoor activities added in, golf, football, meeting a few in park etc....before the more "riskier" indoor activities that follow.

I think their are 3 threads to easing restrictions, economic, educational and mental health.

It will be interesting to see how each of those needs are met whilst maintaining a reduction in infection.

Hopefully this time there will be clarity, but I'm not holding my breath.

12 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I understand it depends on which vaccine you've had as to whether there's a need for waiting. I had the Pfizer and had to wait the 15 minutes, the missus had the Astrazenica and left immediately after the jab - same surgery.

12 hours ago, Rev said:

Fair enough, I'm just going off previous jabs where they ask you to hang around for a few minutes, just in case of an adverse reaction.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

It was news to me as well.

When I had mine a couple of weeks ago (AstraZeneca) I sat for about 10 minutes chatting to the nurse afterwards. Sue today had the same vaccine as I did, so I was quite surprised to see her coming out of the centre just 5 minutes after she went in. Same jab, but they did ask her if she was driving.

I had the pfizer last week in Gib.  They were making everybody sit in a separate waiting room for 15 minutes and it was timed

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thats a very simplistic chart that assumes that deaths from Covid are literally the only consideration for the Government.

Luckily for you, the author has left their twitter handle in the picture, so you can take it up directly with them. I'm sure they will appreciate the feedback!?

2 hours ago, sage said:

I think their are 3 threads to easing restrictions, economic, educational and mental health.

It will be interesting to see how each of those needs are met whilst maintaining a reduction in infection.

Hopefully this time there will be clarity, but I'm not holding my breath.

How would you provide the clarity ? They have tried previously, I remember the threat level metric, that never really materialised as being an example.

I mentioned in a post earlier that for some reason was removed, that whatever decisions are made the only thing you can guarantee, is it will be the wrong one. I'd agree that by providing clarity around what they are doing and why, would hopefully provide some clarity on why they are doing it. 

I do wonder though how that could be done, if as expected it will be a constantly revised target for certain restrictions. Impossible times ahead, let's just hope them numbers keep reducing and everything keeps to plan.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Luckily for you, the author has left their twitter handle in the picture, so you can take it up directly with them. I'm sure they will appreciate the feedback!?

Not on Twitter.

To me that is the equivalent of what you think of Talk Radio and The Daily Mail.

Week 5 figures in the from ONS

2021 deaths - 90,109

5 year average - 62,770

Excess - 27,339

Covid deaths - 37,477

So either Covid deaths are being overstated or we are 10k deaths down from other causes.

No flu deaths this season?

Also I assume there must be other deaths arising from the waiting list of nearly 250k people?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Week 5 figures in the from ONS

2021 deaths - 90,109

5 year average - 62,770

Excess - 27,339

Covid deaths - 37,477

So either Covid deaths are being overstated or we are 10k deaths down from other causes.

But it's an average figure, not a target figure. We're not really "down on deaths from other causes" as we have no idea if this year would have been above the average of below the average

The most obvious explanation is that Covid has taken a lot of elderly people who would have otherwise died a little bit later and on a more gradual curve

44 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

But it's an average figure, not a target figure. We're not really "down on deaths from other causes" as we have no idea if this year would have been above the average of below the average

The most obvious explanation is that Covid has taken a lot of elderly people who would have otherwise died a little bit later and on a more gradual curve

Might be wrong here but I think I remember Chris Whitty saying that this excess is the figure they would use for determining the deaths attributable to the pandemic and this was the normal measure.

Just thought it was interesting that the recorded Covid deaths were so far higher than recorded excess deaths, especially in light of us being told that Covid deaths are being understated.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Also there would be less flu deaths as old people are shielding and people are wearing masks.

Unless you have a relentless agenda like some, then it's proof of the great conspiracy.

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might be wrong here but I think I remember Chris Whitty saying that this excess is the figure they would use for determining the deaths attributable to the pandemic and this was the normal measure.

Just thought it was interesting that the recorded Covid deaths were so far higher than recorded excess deaths, especially in light of us being told that Covid deaths are being understated.

The longer the period of time being measured, the less reliable the use of 'excess deaths' becomes.

From the end of March 2020 to the end of January 2021, there were about 90k excess deaths compared with 105k Covid deaths. Given the usual variance between years, the fact normal flu deaths would have been reduced, and other variables, the 28 day Covid rule looks very reasonable to me.

39 minutes ago, sage said:

Also there would be less flu deaths as old people are shielding and people are wearing masks.

Unless you have a relentless agenda like some, then it's proof of the great conspiracy.

So shielding and wearing masks stops flu from spreading but it doesn't stop Covid from spreading?

Archived