Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With it mutating, herd-immunity may not be possible anyway.

I thought they said it wasn’t mutating? Or does it mutate when it’s fits the narrative ?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A google search of "Covid mutation" may give you a few answers

I don’t believe anything I read/write on the internet ?

19 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Not a fan of Boro normally especially the (football club/chairman) but for this I doff my hat, go on son! 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/middlesbrough-mayor-andy-preston-lockdown-covid_uk_5f75c302c5b66377b27df0cb

Had a quick look.

It appears regional lockdown was requested by the council.  

He doesn't mind people not meeting in houses/gardens, but is desperate for his pub to stay open- he mentions a few.

Something about a pensioners slot in the pubs .  He seems to spend a lot of time saying " you don't understand .  This was coming but I want a better version" when questioned.  No detail.

I'm just seeing an angry man who want's the pub open here

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

What's the latest on that meat factory. 150 positive cases. No one showed any signs of illness. PPE and masks clearly had no effect. 

All asymptomatic? All of them? Great sign then isn't it. 

Or has asymptomatic been a red herring all along. Maybe 90% false positive. Maybe only a dozen actually have Covid-19. 

Or....they are asymptomatic because of the lower viral load received due to the PPE and masks they were wearing.

33 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

So in a week they won't be asymptomatic then. They'll actually show signs they are ill. ?

Maybe all will develop symptoms, maybe none will develop symptoms, maybe some will develop symptoms.

We know for certain that asymptomatic people can spread the virus though albeit at a much much lower rate. 

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I don't like ignoring people and try to answer anyone that replies to me, but I've reached the point that I'm repeating myself over and over.  Rightly or wrongly I've made my point and backed it up where possible.  Continuing the back and forth is not achieving anything new so I'll leave it here.

I respect your points.

Equally, I think that they are 100% wrong. You probably feel exactly the same where my points are concerned.

You're not a scientist, whereas I am - and that explains everything.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I respect your points.

Equally, I think that they are 100% wrong. You probably feel exactly the same where my points are concerned.

You're not a scientist, whereas I am - and that explains everything.

How do you know he’s not a scientist? 

Just now, Boycie said:

How do you know he’s not a scientist? 

I extrapolated that conclusion from frequent discussions and examined the data that was available, and it led me to postulate that theory - you know, using science.

Archived