Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I blame them for this because had ages sort this before lockdown even happened and yet they did sodd all.

I share your pain about not being able to watch live matches but really I would be hard pushed to lay the fault at the government's door.

The quicker everyone in the country wises up to what's going on and start playing their own part and not thinking the rules don't apply to themselves the quicker we all will get over this 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

What a predictable comment from someone who got to enjoy their younger years and now happily wants to strip that away from others. 

To be honest I think students/student bars will find a way round it, or at least discover an alternative.

Also presumably students/young people will find a lot of the city centre bars will end up being their own, especially in the week. I mean for those that live in the suburbs, what’s the point of going to a city centre for a drink?

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I blame them for this because had ages sort this before lockdown even happened and yet they did sodd all.

What do you think they could have done ages before lockdown given the virus didn't hit until the start of the year and we went into lockdown in March other than either going into lockdown earlier or delaying coming out of lockdown neither of which you would have welcomed?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I share your pain about not being able to watch live matches but really I would be hard pushed to lay the fault at the government's door.

The quicker everyone in the country wises up to what's going on and start playing their own part and not thinking the rules don't apply to themselves the quicker we all will get over this 

The Government's reaction, communication and implementation throughout this whole pandemic has been absolutely shocking whether you're on the side of wanting things to be locked down further again or not. To me, that is absolutely indisputable.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sorry, that is rubbish...it's a rite of passage to get very drunk and have a nice time on your first few years of uni! Well it was when it was free anyway.

It was far better when you were using someone else's money to wee up the wall, luckily I went to Uni before tuition fees and the like kicked in. Happy days.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

The Government's reaction, communication and implementation throughout this whole pandemic has been absolutely shocking whether you're on the side of wanting things to be locked down further again or not. To me, that is absolutely indisputable.

I'll be honest I was just replying to @B4ev6is post as I can empathise with him but it's totally inappropriate to lay his frustrations solely at the government's door.

I don't want to start another debate bashing the government as I grew tired of the rhetoric on this forum many moons ago.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Switland not brothered with lockdown or nrothing. Perhaps started testing then and maybe be vancine by bloody now. And so many people kepted there jobs or busniess. 

would that be the same Switzerland that on 28th February banned all events with more than 1000 people, on 16th March closed all shops and schools and 20th March banned all gatherings of more than five people in public spaces? (according to Wikipedea but I suspect there is some truth behind the details).

Also, given no other country in the world has yet developed a vaccine (and when one is launched it will be done so at a speed never seen before [normally new drugs take several years before they are licenced to use]) I don't think you can blame the government for that. 

I agree about testing, track and trace though.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

would that be the same Switzerland that on 28th February banned all events with more than 1000 people, on 16th March closed all shops and schools and 20th March banned all gatherings of more than five people in public spaces? (according to Wikipedea but I suspect there is some truth behind the details).

I'm pretty sure B4 means Sweden, not Switzerland.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Also, given no other country in the world has yet developed a vaccine (and when one is launched it will be done so at a speed never seen before [normally new drugs take several years before they are licenced to use]) I don't think you can blame the government for that. 

I agree about testing, track and trace though.

I was in Switzerland the weekend of the 13th March. It was taken far more seriously then than it ever has been here, and that was even before social distancing was brought into play.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes sweden 

Sorry wrong country. 

That makes more sense.

However, I'm not sure it's that easy to pick and choose individual countries to compare us with. For every European country that seems to have suffered less/dealt with the virus better than the UK (Sweden, Germany), there is probably another that seems to have been in the same boat as us (France, Spain).

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What are you advocating that the government should do differently?

I wasn’t going to post in this topic again, but you’ve asked a good question. I’d have done nothing other than put extra measures in for care homes and asked those at risk so take extra care. For the rest i’d have said lives you lives look after yourselves and enjoy. 

We are communicating on a football forum, I assume because we all have a love for Derby County. We carry on with the way of life as we are now, Derby County won’t exist and if they do it’ll be by the skin of our teeth. Unfortunately Numerous social institutions up and down the country 100% won’t exist. People will post, human life is more important etc etc, but when the social fabric is about to be ripped apart (and it will)  I just ask is it worth it and the worth the damage it’ll do, compared to what we are seeing due to Covid?.  I personally I think not. 

Good question though, thank you.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I give in, a select few have got what you wanted and I’m sure will be creaming now.  
The economy won’t take 6 months of this, good luck with your and your families futures it’s going to be bleak. See you in Derby County forum page

You seem to be more upset with the people who disagree with you than you are with the government that made the decisions! 

Overreaction of the week by the way, and on DCFCFans that's an award I wouldn't want to win ?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You seem to be more upset with the people who disagree with you than you are with the government that made the decisions! 

Overreaction of the week by the way, and on DCFCFans that's an award I wouldn't want to win ?

I’ve never won anything, proudest day of my life. Thanks @GboroRam

Just challenging again from yesterday. Sir Patrick Vallance “Chief Scientific advisor” numbers, he calculates that we will have 50k infections a day by mid-October, with 200 deaths a day a couple of weeks after. Applying this same method, the entire population will have had Covid-19 and 11.5M of us dead before Christmas day. Shortly after New year’s day, all Human life in the UK will have ended……….

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Just challenging again from yesterday. Sir Patrick Vallance “Chief Scientific advisor” numbers, he calculates that we will have 50k infections a day by mid-October, with 200 deaths a day a couple of weeks after. Applying this same method, the entire population will have had Covid-19 and 11.5M of us dead before Christmas day. Shortly after New year’s day, all Human life in the UK will have ended……….

Right now that feels like it would be a blessed relief

Pubs to close at 10pm probably just means pubs to open at 9-10am instead of their usual 11am-12pm tbh, depending on their license, to try and ensure their takings don't take a massive hit.

We can't close hospitality down entirely again or else there'll be very little to go back to that isn't some chain pub / restaurant.

...not that I'm suggesting a tory government would intentionally duck over the small independents to pay lip service to their mates in big business or anything like that, ahem.

Archived