Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

It’s not a scam it’s now a hoax just a complete over reaction. Yes I agree protect them vulnerable, absolutely. Just don’t kill the rest of us doing it, that’s what we are doing.

OK - so a couple of days ago, we were asked which of us personally knew people who had covid and/or had died or been hospitalised. There were a lot of responses

I will now ask the same question of the forum - how many of you know someone perosnally who has died purely as a result of the covid restrictions?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

OK - so a couple of days ago, we were asked which of us personally knew people who had covid and/or had died or been hospitalised. There were a lot of responses

I will now ask the same question of the forum - how many of you know someone perosnally who has died purely as a result of the covid restrictions?

There will be some maybe could not get treatment living on their own. It just make the argument of doing the bear minimum to avoid a prolonged lockdown all the more necessary.

34 minutes ago, djfred84 said:

There will be some maybe could not get treatment living on their own. It just make the argument of doing the bear minimum to avoid a prolonged lockdown all the more necessary.

Yeah - I understand the reasons why lockdown might cause other deaths. Lack of treatment for non-covid terminal illness and poor mental health/isolation leading to suicide being two obvious ones

I'm just asking if anyone knows anyone personally who has passed away in these type of circumstances due to lockdown.

I mean - we had a good dozen or so personal accounts of people who'd had covid and a certain poster was insinuating above that we shpuldn't impose stricter lockdown measures because more people are already dying as a result of the lockdown measures than they are from the disease we're locking down against. Ergo - I'd expect quite a lot of responses from people with personal experience of this

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah - I understand the reasons why lockdown might cause other deaths. Lack of treatment for non-covid terminal illness and poor mental health/isolation leading to suicide being two obvious ones

I'm just asking if anyone knows anyone personally who has passed away in these type of circumstances due to lockdown.

I mean - we had a good dozen or so personal accounts of people who'd had covid and a certain poster was insinuating above that we shpuldn't impose stricter lockdown measures because more people are already dying as a result of the lockdown measures than they are from the disease we're locking down against. Ergo - I'd expect quite a lot of responses from people with personal experience of this

Well, I'd like someone to look at a haemmoroid.

Not for medical reasons, more a fetish really.

Boris just announced the potential to call on the military to enforce Covid restrictions where police are stretched.

That seems like an action that a government competently managing a crisis would take. ?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Boris just announced the potential to call on the military to enforce Covid restrictions where police are stretched.

That seems like an action that a government competently managing a crisis would take. ?

Facist grrrrt 2nd amendment my rights I shall be forced to Don my pinny and use my rolling pin.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Students Vs the army is the ppv battle that 2020 needs

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If people follow the rules, police won't be stretched. Simples.

11 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

If people follow the rules, police won't be stretched. Simples.

The police are always stretched and have been for years.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sorry, that is rubbish...it's a rite of passage to get very drunk and have a nice time on your first few years of uni! Well it was when it was free anyway.

What a predictable comment from someone who got to enjoy their younger years and now happily wants to strip that away from others. 

I give in, a select few have got what you wanted and I’m sure will be creaming now.  
The economy won’t take 6 months of this, good luck with your and your families futures it’s going to be bleak. See you in Derby County forum page

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I give in, a select few have got what you wanted and I’m sure will be creaming now.  
The economy won’t take 6 months of this, good luck with your and your families futures it’s going to be bleak. See you in Derby County forum page

Come on (no pun intended) - no one is "creaming" at the thought of more restrictions. But most people understand that it's a bunch of minor sacrifices to be made that save lives and protects our loved ones. It's only a minority of selfish entitled babies that think they are indestructable and can't cope with having to think about something other than themselves for a moment. It will always be that way. There were plenty of people in WW2 who moaned about the blackout because "there are no bombs falling round where we live"

53 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

What are you advocating that the government should do differently?

Archived