It's All Coming Together!

Rams-in-Spain

Of course it's been a bloody nightmare season so far with in my opinion off field antics affecting the team, not to mention injuries, but at last with the recent run of form it looks like we have turned a corner. It's clear to me that with the EFL charges hanging over us there has been a shift in tactics so the days of Mel splashing the cash are now gone! To me though Im excited to see what Cocu can do targeting bringing more quality young players into the squad. 

I think for this season we just have to be realistic and expect more ups and downs and hope any potential points deduction is not too severe. 

For me I certainly don't want Derby to scrape into the playoffs this year as we are nowhere near ready for the prem. I'd rather give Cocu a couple of seasons to build HIS squad so that when we do eventually go up, we go up with strength unlike last time as I don't want to go through another season like that again! 

Come on you Rams! 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Of course it's been a bloody nightmare season so far with in my opinion off field antics affecting the team, not to mention injuries, but at last with the recent run of form it looks like we have turned a corner. It's clear to me that with the EFL charges hanging over us there has been a shift in tactics so the days of Mel splashing the cash are now gone! To me though Im excited to see what Cocu can do targeting bringing more quality young players into the squad. 

I think for this season we just have to be realistic and expect more ups and downs and hope any potential points deduction is not too severe. 

For me I certainly don't want Derby to scrape into the playoffs this year as we are nowhere near ready for the prem. I'd rather give Cocu a couple of seasons to build HIS squad so that when we do eventually go up, we go up with strength unlike last time as I don't want to go through another season like that again! 

Come on you Rams! 

With a thread title like that you're just tempting fate. 

30 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Come on you Rams! 

Whilst there remains a chance of promotion, we should always, but always, strive to achieve it.

Let's worry about how the playing staff would/wouldn't cope with the prem if and when we get there.

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whilst there remains a chance of promotion, we should always, but always, strive to achieve it.

Let's worry about how the playing staff would/wouldn't cope with the prem if and when we get there.

You can't pick and choose, if there's a chance you've got to grab it. But they're also professionals who should be striving to get as far up that table as possible regardless.

I don't think we'll go up or down this season, but hopefully the form continues to improve and the plan does come together.

31 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Sheffield United ?

But who was saying they were ready right before the season started? ?I think when it comes to promotion and the PL it's better to be underestimated than overestimated. Leeds are a very good side they might not make automatics, might not get promoted by the play offs. They'd have the resources to boost their squad in the summer, but I'd still be asking are they ready. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

But who was saying they were ready right before the season started? ?I think when it comes to promotion and the PL it's better to be underestimated than overestimated. Leeds are a very good side they might not make automatics, might not get promoted by the play offs. They'd have the resources to boost their squad in the summer, but I'd still be asking are they ready. 

They are consistently showing us all they will never be ready. REJOICE! 

Archived