The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

14 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Damn - you're clueless at maths too !

Untitled-1.jpg

Wow totally in denial and backed up by the mod that always does Schtive a favour ?

9/10 times you are jumping in on us "far right posters". 1/10 we engage you first. Take the hint ?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Uptherams said:

Wow totally in denial and backed up by the mod that always does Schtive a favour ?

9/10 times you are jumping in on us "far right posters". 1/10 we engage you first. Take the hint ?

Do you genuinely have no idea how a public forum works? Wow indeed

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'support anyone who scuppers the government'. Not paranoid?

I honestly don't know why you are bringing fantasies and conspiracy theories in to play. I haven't seen any of what you are referring to and quite frankly do not care because the Coronavirus is a far bigger issue than whatever nonsense point you are trying to make or they are.

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

No Schtive, it's unhealthy. Can you imagine if one of your supposed foes (that is how you regard us) just had to comment on almost every comment you made. Dial it back ??

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Take a wild guess.

The you'll doubtless grasp the reason behind my initial post. 

Nuff said, I'm afraid. 

Given the fact that I actually read other posters posts then I do tend to grasp stuff pretty good if it’s coherent and backed up 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I honestly don't know why you are bringing fantasies and conspiracy theories in to play. I haven't seen any of what you are referring to and quite frankly do not care because the Coronavirus is a far bigger issue than whatever nonsense point you are trying to make or they are.

It's what you said - 'still they throw their toys out the pram and support anyone who scuppers the government'. It's the same argument as rightwing media are using about democrats in the US at the moment. It is a nonsense point. But it's not mine - it's Fox News and Rush Limbaugh - Those who aren't with us are actively using any means possible to scupper the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/28/business/media/coronavirus-right-wing-media.html

How is that different from what you said?

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

#triggered

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Given the fact that I actually read other posters posts then I do tend to grasp stuff pretty good if it’s coherent and backed up

Good to know. Oh, an apologies for not being sufficiently 'coherent' for you ?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

#triggered

Good to know

Well I find  if I don’t listen better than I talk I learn nothing , the video posted by Steve earlier is something I may not have seen had I not given opinion and been prepared to read and follow up other people’s posts ,

still think millennium though probably a lovely lad was spouting bolox on Davies substitution?

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

#triggered

Good to know. Oh, an apologies for not being sufficiently 'coherent' for you ?

The coherent was meant regards millennium s posts regards subs and performances ?

21 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No Schtive, it's unhealthy. Can you imagine if one of your supposed foes (that is how you regard us) just had to comment on almost every comment you made. Dial it back ??

I don't see anyone as a "foe" on here. It's just a bit of fun to argue politics with fellow rams. 

I'm obviously upsetting you though, so I'll make an effort to not reply to your posts for now. I genuinely don't want to cause anyone to suffer any mental health issues because they feel like I'm singling them out. Thanks for raising it though. I guess, what I might see as a bit of a fun back and forth, might actually be quite distressing for someone else. All the best

49 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I don't see anyone as a "foe" on here. It's just a bit of fun to argue politics with fellow rams. 

I'm obviously upsetting you though, so I'll make an effort to not reply to your posts for now. I genuinely don't want to cause anyone to suffer any mental health issues because they feel like I'm singling them out. Thanks for raising it though. I guess, what I might see as a bit of a fun back and forth, might actually be quite distressing for someone else. All the best

The problem is, sometimes I choose not to pursue a line of discussion, which results in comments that you have no comeback. I've made a concerted effort to post less in this thread, particularly as Brexit now is in the hands of its own architects. While the government had no overall majority to push on, everything was fair game. Now it's down to legal challenges as the only opposition to anything the government wants to do, it's kind of game over.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

And yes I did notice the tumbleweed when @1in4 mentioned the new bank holiday being planned. Pretty sure we were told that this was a terrible idea when Labour proposed it. All small businesses will immediately go bust won't they?

My only problem with Labour's Bank Holidays plan was that it's based around patron saint's days, which mean that we'd have another 3 bank holidays in the spring - when we have loads then already.

Far better IMO to have the one in late June & then maybe one late October or something.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Any so called far right poster shows any sort of lefty credentials and you either post a crying emoji or call them a hypocrite. 

I mean you just said it, you're here to argue. I view this thread to gain a different perspective and to change my own mind. Hence why i just pounce on people being silly ?

Schtive pal, don't start being silly with that mental health jibe ?‍♀️

6 hours ago, Uptherams said:

The swamp is any group or individual within the civil service or realms of government that seeks to undermine the government of the day. It's that simple. Bercrow being an example and Philip Rutnam. 

But lefties seem to think it's some sort of purge by the right. Draining the swamp is applicable to any government. 

If a civil servant can't executive what is being asked of them, then they should resign. It's a duty, not a career. 

If you cannot understand/comprehend this then you have lost touch with the broad voting public. But then again about 8 of you already have ??‍♂️

- Sentence one, seriously, is straight out of the opening chapters of 'The Road To Fascism'. I'm not calling you a Nazi but I am saying this is exactly the sort of thoughts that lead us there.

- Next up, assumption that anyone that disagrees with your thoughts is a 'leftie'. Again, classic totalitarianism. Robert Mugabe without the bright coloured shirt.

- Last sentence, assertion that anyone who disagree is is against the will of the people and you are the self appointed spokesperson to say so.

And yet the people who talk like this are the ones who think they will benefit from what they propose to support, they genuinely believe it is all for them, they are utterly, utterly mistaken.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's what you said - 'still they throw their toys out the pram and support anyone who scuppers the government'. It's the same argument as rightwing media are using about democrats in the US at the moment. It is a nonsense point. But it's not mine - it's Fox News and Rush Limbaugh - Those who aren't with us are actively using any means possible to scupper the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/28/business/media/coronavirus-right-wing-media.html

How is that different from what you said?

That's not backed up by proof. Unless someone provides information that they're are Democrats actually blocking government proposals, supplies and budget's to contend with the outbreak. Funnily enough, that is exactly what happened in Puerto Rico. The president was accused of not doing enough, only for authorities to uncover a massive warehouse full of supplies Officials there, concealed from the public and media. 

It doesn't exactly help the narrative either when  people like Bill Mahar, saying he hopes the US suffers a recession and people lose their jobs, for voting for Trump. 

I'm talking about people who are proven to be working against a policy. Clear cut. In any other organisation, if the excuse of can't be done is used one too many times, that person is replaced. 

8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

- Sentence one, seriously, is straight out of the opening chapters of 'The Road To Fascism'. I'm not calling you a Nazi but I am saying this is exactly the sort of thoughts that lead us there.

- Next up, assumption that anyone that disagrees with your thoughts is a 'leftie'. Again, classic totalitarianism. Robert Mugabe without the bright coloured shirt.

- Last sentence, assertion that anyone who disagree is is against the will of the people and you are the self appointed spokesperson to say so.

And yet the people who talk like this are the ones who think they will benefit from what they propose to support, they genuinely believe it is all for them, they are utterly, utterly mistaken.

Row back ?? I've voted for 6 political parties in my life, across the political spectrum. Honestly, you guys are so silly some times. 

I've litterally said this applies to whoever is in government. Governments have manifestos and proposals, they get voted in, opposers should voice their concerns, hold demonstrations and vote against them. But the idea that it's facsim to be against people who are mostly unelected from stopping implementation from happening or drastically watering it down is absurd. It's just babies throwing their toys out of the pram. 

Just take a Corbyn policy in a Labour government. The idea that something significant gets kicked into the long grass for 5 years, until he's voted out and then whatever was implemented is dropped is ridiculous. At that point, do we even call it a democracy...

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I mean you just said it, you're here to argue. I view this thread to gain a different perspective and to change my own mind.

LOL. As long as that perspective isn't from people who you disagree with. Seriously - you're by far the most intransigent person who posts in this thread.

Even the like of G Star, Angry ,Max  and Norman who I disagree with frequently are not averse to conceding ground, agreeing certain points etc - as am I. And for the most part we keep it civil and aren't afraid to end arguments with a little joke. That's what keeps it interesting.

You just continually post stuff with a supercilious tone, as if your every word is fact. And then when challenged you act like a baby. No one else does that.

You were sticking up for bullies the other day, and you've tried several times today to tell me to stop posting. I don't give way to bullies. Sorry pal

I won't reply to you again - and I respectfully ask that you don't reply to this. If you really can't help yourself - then feel free to DM me. I'm pretty sure no one else wants to read this wittering

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

LOL. As long as that perspective isn't from people who you disagree with. Seriously - you're by far the most intransigent person who posts in this thread.

Even the like of G Star, Angry ,Max  and Norman who I disagree with frequently are not averse to conceding ground, agreeing certain points etc - as am I. And for the most part we keep it civil and aren't afraid to end arguments with a little joke. That's what keeps it interesting.

You just continually post stuff with a supercilious tone, as if your every word is fact. And then when challenged you act like a baby. No one else does that.

You were sticking up for bullies the other day, and you've tried several times today to tell me to stop posting. I don't give way to bullies. Sorry pal

I won't reply to you again - and I respectfully ask that you don't reply to this. If you really can't help yourself - then feel free to DM me. I'm pretty sure no one else wants to read this wittering

You bloody commie ,you've missed me out.

Archived