Lame Duck Loans

May Contain Nuts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So depressing on Saturday that the best option we had from the bench was to bring dowell on. And then josefzoon. 

Don’t worry guys, we’re saved, the super subs have got this covered. 

Shows how poor our squad is at the moment that that’s all we have to offer from the bench. 

What makes it worse is that Dowell had to fill the hole left by Mount. The difference in class is a chasm. 

16 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not sure whether Paterson was fully utilised. 

In my head he’s had a row and he’s history. 

I think you might be on to something. Heard a few people talking about a bust up between him and another player, cant remember who though.

2 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

what about that portuguese winger was supposed to be the next Figo lol

Candido Costa. He wasn't that bad to be fair! We were a relegation threatened team then, i'm pretty sure it was the same season Leon Osman (one of the best loans) was here and Huddlestone was decent at Centre Half - maybe that's an idea? ?

On 15/12/2019 at 12:19, Boycie said:

I think we put a list of players who fit the criteria that is asked of the recruiting team.

On paper Dowell will tick lots of boxes. Played for his country at U21’s regular, had a good spell at Forest, half decent at Sheff U.  Maybe he’s disappointed in being nowhere near the Everton squad?

You can scout all you want, but if the confidence is low and the attitude isn’t right it’s going to fail.

That's what I thought the other day.  Maybe he rocked up at Everton's preseason thinking "This is it, I'm gonna break through this season", played as hard as he could in friendlies, only to be told by Silva that he was going out on loan again.  There's two things a player can do in such a situation, knuckle down and play as well as you can, or toss it off.  From his body language, and application since he got here, it looks like Mr Dowell chose the latter.  Which is laughable, because even though Everton have been pretty pants all season, he'd be around 7th choice at best...

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

So depressing on Saturday that the best option we had from the bench was to bring dowell on. And then josefzoon. 

Don’t worry guys, we’re saved, the super subs have got this covered. 

Shows how poor our squad is at the moment that that’s all we have to offer from the bench. 

What makes it worse is that Dowell had to fill the hole left by Mount. The difference in class is a chasm. 

image.png.a9a825655d16a69c686575208338ed84.png

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I remember 16 year old Hudds at CB.

I think he'd ace the Beckenbauer role.

Pity he cannot head it and he has no pace, correction mobility, then he'd be a great passing central defender.

I don't know why someone in the squad has said "You know gaffa, George is pretty good at centre half if we're struggling"...

On 16/12/2019 at 14:00, Sweetness34 said:

Candido Costa. He wasn't that bad to be fair! We were a relegation threatened team then, i'm pretty sure it was the same season Leon Osman (one of the best loans) was here and Huddlestone was decent at Centre Half - maybe that's an idea? ?

much prefered cafe nero myself but hey ho  

Archived