The Gary Rowett Reception Tomorrow

Bubbles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got opportunities to go to match and get to chat with him after the game and his staff.

He's a nice guy who would have stopped around but due to the circumstances he was faced with chose to move on.

He may not have played the style required but it makes you hard to beat and challenge at the top end of the table.

By the same token should we also we booing Cocu therefore as he seems to be serving up similar turgid dross that we saw under Rowett, the main difference being Rowetts dross at least was converted into a far higher win percentage then Cocu has realised. 

Guess it is the pantomime season after all....

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

There might be an element of banter (nothing wrong with that. Controversial maybe but, surely you're not expecting us to sing about our love and respect for Jim [of which I have plenty] for the whole 90 minutes?) but certainly nothing close to hatred is justified.

Just read this mate but no thats not what I was saying at all ? 

Well....what can i say. 

Rowett was part of the respectful group of ex-players, assembled to give tribute to jim smith, which included schteve mcclaren but surprisingly didn't include igor or stefano or any of the overseas players. (Times is hard. Sorry no expenses)

and then the second he gets back to the dug out, the south stand belt out "gary rowett, what a banker, what a banker"

maybe i'm getting old. I thought that was charmless and spoiled the mood.

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Rowett was part of the respectful group of ex-players, assembled to give tribute to jim smith

Some people boo'ed when he was listed as one of the group of ex-players during the actual tribute. I found that pretty pathetic and distasteful.

Songs once the game has started? Meh.

13 hours ago, Roboram said:

2 years ago this week Rowett's 'boring' football took us to 2nd in the table with a 2-0 victory over Villa.

I'll leave that one there.

League tables arent decided on the 15/12....

Personally I dont think his football was as boring as some make out. His treatment of Thorne and Keogh after the home defeat to Sunderland was appalling, in my opinion, and his shambolic semi final second leg didnt help his cause.

Archived