The Gary Rowett Reception Tomorrow

Bubbles

Now I know that everyone hates snakey.

But tomorrow is about more than that.

There’s going to be a big thing in memory of Jim Smith tomorrow, and we all know that Rowett was a big part of that squad.

I’m sure Gary will be feeling upset about Jim, just like us lot. and I know its a huge thing to ask but I hope that everyone lays off the hate and the abuse towards him tomorrow.

Some things are bigger than hatred, and lets give Jim Smith the thank you he deserves.

All together as one, lets sing Jim’s name loud and proud and lets try lay off the hostility tomorrow (towards Gary not Millwall)

Come on you rams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anybody hate Rowett? Come to think of it, why would you hate anybody unless they've done something to harm either you or the people you care about? I dislike certain politicians, sports people and "celebrities" but I certainly don't hate any of them.

As far as I'm concerned, Rowett is just another manager who also used to be the manager at Derby. I shan't cheer or clap him but neither will I boo or shout abuse at him.

There might be an element of banter (nothing wrong with that. Controversial maybe but, surely you're not expecting us to sing about our love and respect for Jim [of which I have plenty] for the whole 90 minutes?) but certainly nothing close to hatred is justified.

No-one should hate him. He made a decision that some could say was a bit of a slight, that he now regrets. We weren't going anywhere with him anyway.

That being said; football fans exaggerate all feelings for the purposes of atmosphere so I don't begrudge the fans making noise at his expense. 

I don't hate Rowett. He's still a young manager and learning. Many fans complained vocally about his style of football, and then bitch about him when he leaves. So I don't quite get that. I think GR could at some point get a championship club promoted. 

22 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

I struggle to dislike Rowett... I thought it was all just a bit of a laugh? ?

Pleased it's not just me ! It hurt when he left , honesty more than when Frank went ! Banters banter though ! My lad will be pleased to see him back , it's his 7th birthday tomorrow and he's taking a few mates (one a red dog ?‍♂️,) and I know he's got fond memories of Gary ! 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Pleased it's not just me ! It hurt when he left , honesty more than when Frank went ! Banters banter though ! My lad will be pleased to see him back , it's his 7th birthday tomorrow and he's taking a few mates (one a red dog ?‍♂️,) and I know he's got fond memories of Gary ! 

The red dog presumably? Cos...

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

I struggle to dislike Rowett... I thought it was all just a bit of a laugh? ?

I genuinely had some great times under him. I had just turned 18, and was going to pretty much every away game for the first time as we stormed up the league table. It helped that it was around Christmas, and we were singing ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas’ as we smashed Barnsley at Oakwell. I really did think we were going up at that point.

I know I joke about missing him, but I really did enjoy his time here.

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I genuinely had some great times under him. I had just turned 18, and was going to pretty much every away game for the first time as we stormed up the league table. It helped that it was around Christmas, and we were singing ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas’ as we smashed Barnsley at Oakwell. I really did think we were going up at that point.

I know I joke about missing him, but I really did enjoy his time here.

Was at the Barnsley game too. Only he could make a 3-0 win that boring.

It's a wierd one, if you ask me after a skin full I'd say "I bloody hate Rowett, he is a snake".

Thing is, he is 1 of our own.

I enjoyed him as a player.

I wasnt fond of his football, but he got us to the playoffs. The second leg against Fulham was bizarre and I still say he desperately wanted us to lose to make it easier to leave for Stoke, because that's easier for me to stomach than believing Rowett thinking we could defend for 120 minutes of football and get to Wembley.

If I met him in a pub I'd happily sit down with him and have a pint, talk about football, share stories and ask him why on earth didn't we take it to Fulham second half at their place 

Archived